Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 06-20-2002, 02:50 AM   #31
Siamese Dreamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Nate the Grate:
I mean, I am a person that believes that one day, they WILL be back together, maybe when they're all 50 years old or something, and maybe just for a small reuninion tour. think of how many bands have gotten back together. billy and jimmy are already playing together. and melissa and james have their little thing going. who's to say that they won't get back together?

Quote:
OH NO THE BOLLY ARMY IS ATTACKING

asshat

------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Old 06-20-2002, 02:50 AM   #32
Siamese Dreamer

Quote:
I mean, I am a person that believes that one day, they WILL be back together, maybe when they're all 50 years old or something, and maybe just for a small reuninion tour. think of how many bands have gotten back together. billy and jimmy are already playing together. and melissa and james have their little thing going. who's to say that they won't get back together?

Quote:
OH NO THE BOLLY ARMY IS ATTACKING

good one d00d ..............

------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Old 06-20-2002, 08:14 AM   #33
Electro

Quote:
Originally posted by Affectation:
[b]If Billy isn't killed within the next three or so years, everyting is going to be perceived as a joke. It's more than apparent that he is past his prime, and he's just tapped out. EVERY Zwan song is cliche.B]
i dont know...maybe you thinks its ciche because might it be only his style repeating? give the man a break, they dont even have their first album out yet and your already giving up on them. its a whole new band but what are you expecting?

Old 06-20-2002, 02:33 PM   #34
Egadsman

Quote:
Originally posted by Reyngel:
Who the fuck would wanna see the Pumpkins when they're 50? If you're 25 now, you'll be 45 then. If you don't have more important things to be involved with by then, then I feel sorry for your lonely ass.
What's wrong with seeing a band when you or they are in their 50's? I don't see why someone seeing a reunion tour would be so pathetic, it's only a day out of their entire life. You have a rather bleak view of old age. Of course, on a similer side thought, I wonder in The Who play "My Generation" on their reunion tour.

Quote:
Originally posted by Electro:
i dont know...maybe you thinks its ciche because might it be only his style repeating? give the man a break, they dont even have their first album out yet and your already giving up on them. its a whole new band but what are you expecting?
Well, despite the fact they are a new band, they are all established musicians and if they aren't making good music now there is a good chance that they never will. I wouldn't expect the difference in Zwan's first album to the second one to be the same sort of difference seen from Gish to Siamese Dream.
------->Jeff Compton

------------------
Bootlist Page
AIM: Egadsman0
* Can't Spell

[This message has been edited by Egadsman (edited 06-20-2002).]

Old 06-20-2002, 03:07 PM   #35
Frankie Machine

I hope they don't get back together. My best guess is that they will at some point, probably without D'arcy, and I'll go see them and feel like a chump.

soundopinions.net has all the 2002 shows on the web. They said they'll post the most requested shows from past years, but they can't put everything up due to limited webspace. We should request the Billy and Jimmy one.

Old 06-20-2002, 04:25 PM   #36
Electro

but they were all diffrent musicians who re used to doing their own style of music and i think that they still need to get used to each other. i guess im just more of an optimist

Old 06-22-2002, 11:11 PM   #37
lily1only

i would be completely disappointed if they did a reunion..i would enjoy it if billy kept his word for once. all of the pumpkins-haters could then say "I told you so." yes, i would give up on the pumpkins if they got back together.

Old 06-26-2002, 01:40 PM   #38
CouldUBelieveInHeaven

Question

how can you give up on someone that gave up on you?

------------------
when i was a movie star an asteroid had hit the earth and prematurely ended my career.

[This message has been edited by CouldUBelieveInHeaven (edited 06-26-2002).]

Old 06-26-2002, 03:23 PM   #39
Ensoul

Who gives a fuck about a reunion tour?

If I wanted them together, I would want new CDs and everything.

Old 06-29-2002, 01:43 AM   #40
Lunadisarm

No matter how experienced a group of musicians are, it takes time to write good quality songs and get those songs up to par performance-wise. Billy's first songs back in 1988 were not of the same caliber of the songs he wrote in 1991... so why will it be different from 2001 to 2004?

Old 06-29-2002, 09:53 AM   #41
pimp2000

they'll neva fuccin die in my eyes.. they mean so much to me, hence the fact i spent like 4yrs of my life dedicated to trading etc..

------------------
"I Murda Motherfuccaz Az A Hobby"