Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2014, 04:26 AM   #61
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney View Post
econoline crush played a festival which was my first concert going experience.

edgefest 1998 - ottawa, ontario

Econonline Crush
Foo Fighters
Green Day
Moist
Sloan
The Tea Party
Creed
Matthew Good Band
The Inbreds
The Killjoys
Sandbox
The Watchmen
Holly McNarland
Bif Naked

billy joe armstrong stripped down to a thong, causing me to question my sexuality. luckily, after green day played i touched my first boob...a lady was body surfing face down and its all i could grab to keep her up. that got things sorted out in a hurry. hooked on concerts and boobs ever since.
Haha I went to Edgefest 98 too, but the one that was in Vancouver. Was my 2nd ever show (No Doubt w/ Weezer was the first). The Line Up was slightly different though, We never got Moist lol. That was a damn good show. Green Day absolutely killed it. They were actually filming the show for an HBO special. It's cool cause most of the footage is up on youtube. Always brings back good memories.

The edgefest in 99 was cool too: Silverchair and Hole

I miss those kind of outdoor festivals. We never get anything like that out in BC anymore. It's bunk.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:31 AM   #62
fuzzyroes
Banned

I actually came across my edgefest 98 program not too long ago. It reminded me that I met the Killjoys and got their autograph lol

Old 06-18-2014, 04:34 AM   #63
fuzzyroes
Banned

Heres the Billie Joe thong moment that you were talking about from the Van show:

Old 06-18-2014, 10:32 AM   #64
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post

I miss those kind of outdoor festivals. We never get anything like that out in BC anymore. It's bunk.
i mean there must be something. there's far more outdoor festivals these days than there were then. there's sasquatch outside seattle, for example.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:36 AM   #65
Trotskilicious
Banned

here you go you fuckin ding dong

http://squamishfestival.com/p/info-general

Old 06-18-2014, 10:38 AM   #66
Trotskilicious
Banned

http://bumbershoot.org/

this one is in gasp seattle

Old 06-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #67
Trotskilicious
Banned

but whatever, all of these festivals are dogshit compared to the motherfucking king

http://funfunfunfest.com/

Old 06-18-2014, 02:54 PM   #68
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

I remember going to se Zwan and aside from it being the worst live show experience of my life (not because of the band, although they did suck as far as im concerned, but because I could have died) we were so fucking crushed and packed against each other my hands were pretty much forced against the ass of the girl in front of me, sure I had my palms facing me but she did turn around. Probably the look of fear in my face told her I wasn't trying anything.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:26 PM   #69
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
here you go you fuckin ding dong

http://squamishfestival.com/p/info-general
Yeah I know, but it's about 2 hours away from where I'm at and it's in the middle of nowhere. Tickets are also a fortune and I'd likely have to bus it or find a ride and pay for accommodations. That line-up doesn't really do anything for me either.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:33 PM   #70
fuzzyroes
Banned

I wanna go to Pemberton fest though. But it's also in the middle of butt-fuck nowhere and is even farther out than Squamish... And it's 3 days long and also costs a fortune. Line-ups SICK THOUGH:

Soundgarden
Dinosaur Jr
Nine Inch Nails
OutKast
Cage the Elephant
Modest Mouse
Matt Good
Fucked up

They have comedians like Tom Green and the Trailer park Boys too. it's in 3 weeks though. I think I'm sadly gonna miss out. Logistics just aint working out for me with it.
Cage the Elephant

Old 06-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #71
Trotskilicious
Banned

weren't you the guy who bagged on me for liking fucked up because it was a pitchfork band

Old 06-19-2014, 10:14 PM   #72
Trotskilicious
Banned

by the way i'm pretty sure "paying for accommodations" at these things unless they are in a metro area is "camping"

and i'd like to know what you consider a fortune.

Fun Fun Fun Fest is $195 at this point but it's pretty much worth it. i also like that it's in my home and there's no camping

Old 06-19-2014, 10:16 PM   #73
Trotskilicious
Banned

right in front of the skyline

Old 06-19-2014, 10:19 PM   #74
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Overrated hipster band

Old 06-19-2014, 11:24 PM   #75
Mooney
Socialphobic

Arrow

Quote:

Fun Fun Fun Fest is $195 at this point but it's pretty much worth it. i also like that it's in my home and there's no camping
you should check out METZ at FFFF. you like noisy guitars, right? i'll share some photos to try and inspire myself to get back out and take more.. it's been over a year.

http://i.imgur.com/BWu4LYe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LXtu2fi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aZ13oSC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wJVIyo4.jpg

Old 06-20-2014, 09:42 AM   #76
Trotskilicious
Banned

yeah i've been listening to metz a bit

Old 06-20-2014, 09:43 AM   #77
Trotskilicious
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post

Overrated hipster band
you mean the band that had a popular radio hit and is signed to atlantic

?

Old 06-20-2014, 10:48 AM   #78
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

HIPSTER BAND

(just to make it clear I was being fuzzyroes ya know.......................... though I do think they are overrated but name me a band I dont' think that about....but don't mind me this is the kind of post I said I wouldn't post anymore...well except if theyre really actually obviously shit bands by anyone's standards I might)

Old 06-20-2014, 06:36 PM   #79
Shallowed
Braindead

God damn, the jumping cut up shots in that video reminded me of a bad experience I had getting high once.

Great song though.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:56 PM   #80
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
I do think they are overrated but name me a band I dont' think that about....
right, after listening to you for a while logically i have to ask what kind of rating all these bands should get

i mean as far as i'm concerned TJM is rated "a fun shoegaze band"

what is offensive to you about that

Old 06-21-2014, 12:04 AM   #81
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

im sorry I made this post. This si the kind of shit I told myself I wouldn't do anymore. I shouldn't even be posting in here.

Old 06-21-2014, 04:03 AM   #82
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
by the way i'm pretty sure "paying for accommodations" at these things unless they are in a metro area is "camping"

and i'd like to know what you consider a fortune.

I believe Pembertons 400 dollars for the 3 days if you wanna camp there. It's not too bad, but then you gotta factor in about 50 dollars for a bus ticket because its out in butt-fuck nowhere and all of the overpriced food and all of that shit and it adds up in a hurry... Then you consider the fact that if you wanna drink you're likely going to have to pay insane prices at the beer gardens. Still worth it because it's bound to be a helluva experience, but then you have to factor in getting time off work and all of that shit and it just becomes a hassle.

The cool thing about the all day fests like the Old Edgefest was that it was right in the heart of the city and it was only like 40 bucks a ticket. Much more convenient and easy to attend

Old 06-21-2014, 04:08 AM   #83
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
weren't you the guy who bagged on me for liking fucked up because it was a pitchfork band
Not a fan myself, included them in the list cause I know that you're all about them haha

Old 06-21-2014, 04:11 AM   #84
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
HIPSTER BAND

(just to make it clear I was being fuzzyroes ya know.......................... though I do think they are overrated but name me a band I dont' think that about....but don't mind me this is the kind of post I said I wouldn't post anymore...well except if theyre really actually obviously shit bands by anyone's standards I might)
Hey, come on now.

I kinda agree with you though. I thought that the Big Roar was a great listen but I was pretty disappointed with their follow up. I spun it a few times, gave it a chance to simmer and went back to it a few different times and it did nothing at all for me. Haven't listened to it since.

Old 06-21-2014, 04:16 AM   #85
fuzzyroes
Banned

Actually, I still have Silent Treatment on my I-pod. Standout track in my opinion