Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 03:38 PM   #9121
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
at the risk of sounding like fuzzyroes

do you never go out with women because you want to have sex with them
Sometimes I hit on women who don't seem like "my type," just because they are attractive and I wouldn't mind something casual in between finding an actual "soulmate" or whatever.

However, a little bit into talking to these sorts, I inevitably end up getting bored and telling them to have a nice day. It's like there's nothing we can talk about.

"Oh, you're doing this business? What interests you about it?"
"I dunno, it'll get me a job."

"What are your hobbies?"
"I dunno, I like hanging out with friends, I guess."

I usually tend to be into more artsy or sciencey girls with interesting tastes that they show through their presentation and style, but when I talk to typical conventional pretty girls, they seem to have absolutely no passion or interest in anything in life. I don't understand it. Do some people really go through life with no curiosity, no ambitions, other than the quite general goals of being economically secure, watching Netflix, and going to clubs? I don't want to sound like one of those high-schoolers who think they are super enlightened and above all of the mindless "sheeple" or whatever, but with some people, their dullness exceeds even my interest in shagging, and trying to talk to them just isn't even worth it.

Old Today, 03:42 PM   #9122
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Somebody doesn't even have to have the same interests as I do for me to find them interesting. Somebody can be into something I have absolutely no interest in, like business (and be one of those bougie fucks I think is responsible for fucking the world), but if they are actually into it because they have a passion for entrepreneurship and not just because "I dunno, it'll get me some office job," I can actually find myself interested in them. Hell, have something in your life. Take up crocheting or rock collecting.

Old Today, 04:54 PM   #9123
buzzard
Minion of Satan

People are often just difficult to get to know.

Ask me what my hobbies are during an introductory smalltalk session and I'll have very little to offer right off the bat, too.

Old Today, 05:04 PM   #9124
smashingjj
mother rater

what are your hobbies?

Old Today, 05:05 PM   #9125
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Did we finally make it to introductory smalltalk?

Old Today, 05:10 PM   #9126
myosis
Minion of Satan

so, do you like... stuff?

Old Today, 05:10 PM   #9127
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I dunno, eh.

I like all kinds of music.

Old Today, 05:16 PM   #9128
myosis
Minion of Satan

except country.

Old Today, 05:18 PM   #9129
smashingjj
mother rater

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
I dunno, eh.

I like all kinds of music.
wow, you have time for music with all those posts on that Internet forum?

Old Today, 05:25 PM   #9130
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Netphoria is what I do instead of listening to country (and rap).

Old Today, 05:36 PM   #9131
redbreegull
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Somebody doesn't even have to have the same interests as I do for me to find them interesting. Somebody can be into something I have absolutely no interest in, like business (and be one of those bougie fucks I think is responsible for fucking the world), but if they are actually into it because they have a passion for entrepreneurship and not just because "I dunno, it'll get me some office job," I can actually find myself interested in them. Hell, have something in your life. Take up crocheting or rock collecting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
People are often just difficult to get to know.

Ask me what my hobbies are during an introductory smalltalk session and I'll have very little to offer right off the bat, too.
DK, you are a fairly introverted guy it seems. Do you usually try to match yourself with other introverts in terms of relationships (not just romantic ones)?

I have a powerful introverted streak and socially I don't do that well with other introverts. I think people reflect the traits they see in others, and it can be really difficult to break down the initial social barrier between two shy individuals. IME, it is sometimes (read: almost always) easier to kick things off with an extroverted person. Some people are incredibly bland (like for instance the kind of people who think liking parks and rec is a central personality trait), but I think most people do have a bit more going on below the surface.