Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2018, 05:19 PM   #5611
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

If I was rich I would mail you each a Walla Walla Sweet Onion. They are delicious.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:50 PM   #5612
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Fuck you, use your manners and you fucking swallow that shit, you lousy ingrate!
you're making this way too easy

Old 01-15-2018, 08:35 AM   #5613
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I survived the wedding! It was a lovely time. The brides looked so sweet and happy together, I couldn't hold back tears.

Old 01-15-2018, 12:28 PM   #5614
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Also, there is a special spot in hell reserved for those who will pick things off/leave things uneaten on a plate that someone has generously prepared for them. "Oh I don't eat tomatoes." Fuck you, use your manners and you fucking swallow that shit, you lousy ingrate!
Does this count when the food is served at a restaurant? What's wrong with politely moving tomatoes and peas to the side (i got a serving a rice delivered with my food that had peas in it - i don't run into peas in rice very often at mexican restaurants, but when i do i just take them out instead of complaining and isn't it much more rude to complain or request they be taken out in the first place)?

Does one not eating a tomato on their plate hinder your enjoyment? How exactly do you know what's just left from being too full or not liking a particular ingredient? I hope you always finish everything on your plate to avoid hindering the enjoyment of others, too, cause I'm always watching what people eat and I got a lot to say about it.

Turns out every netphorian hates picky eaters, but has certain food items they just don't like, but that doesn't make them picky eaters or anything- they're talking about those picky eaters you hear about in movies and magazines. You know what kinda picky eaters I just don't get? Ones who don't like things I like. Drives me crazy, y0. Just eat the gizzards topped with Valentina already!

Old 01-15-2018, 02:16 PM   #5615
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
Does this count when the food is served at a restaurant? What's wrong with politely moving tomatoes and peas to the side (i got a serving a rice delivered with my food that had peas in it - i don't run into peas in rice very often at mexican restaurants, but when i do i just take them out instead of complaining and isn't it much more rude to complain or request they be taken out in the first place)?

Does one not eating a tomato on their plate hinder your enjoyment? How exactly do you know what's just left from being too full or not liking a particular ingredient? I hope you always finish everything on your plate to avoid hindering the enjoyment of others, too, cause I'm always watching what people eat and I got a lot to say about it.

Turns out every netphorian hates picky eaters, but has certain food items they just don't like, but that doesn't make them picky eaters or anything- they're talking about those picky eaters you hear about in movies and magazines. You know what kinda picky eaters I just don't get? Ones who don't like things I like. Drives me crazy, y0. Just eat the gizzards topped with Valentina already!
I'm talking more like at somebody's house, not at a restaurant. Do what you want at a restaurant, but if a friend or a family member prepped a meal, you're eating that shit, allergies notwithstanding!

Old 01-15-2018, 02:17 PM   #5616
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Also, I hate picky eaters but can't really think of anything I would refuse if it were served to me (save for really exotic/bizarre cuisine).

Come at me!

Old 01-15-2018, 02:22 PM   #5617
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
I hate picky eaters but can't really think of anything I would refuse if it were served to me (save for really exotic/bizarre cuisine).
see, you're "picky" in your own way but can't even see that it's "picky". actually, it's just individual taste, but some call others picky for theirs and realize they have their own. you woudn't turn down tomatoes at chad's mom's house but would you refuse cow's tongue in menudo at guillermo's?

as for me, i really also can't think of anything i would refuse (save for peas and raw tomatoes) but other's tastes don't bother me none nor have ever affected me

ya heard!

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 01-15-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:25 PM   #5618
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

No, I wouldn't turn down a cow tongue.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:25 PM   #5619
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

*insert joke about Took's mom here*

Old 01-15-2018, 02:28 PM   #5620
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Cow tongue with pea sauce is not bad.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:30 PM   #5621
yo soy el mejor

the other day i was craving lime tortilla chips dipped in cottage cheese. it's a delicious snack.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:30 PM   #5622
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Growing up my family liked to cook some weird stuff.
Like offal stew, brains, frog, chicken feet and calf's foot jelly.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:35 PM   #5623
yo soy el mejor

i'm not a fan of custards (i like eating yogurt just fine, but jelly donuts, jelly, custard-filled donuts, cobblers, cherry filled chocolates, lemon bars, bread pudding- most desserts, really, i just don't like. my older brother, too, never liked cakes or sweets so my mom never had to make any for his bday) and a lady at work asked me if i wanted a treat she made and they were lemon bars and i had to sit there and eat the whole thing.

it took forever!

Old 01-15-2018, 02:40 PM   #5624
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
ya i have vivid smell memories of my father cooking tripas in the backyard over some giant wok of sorts over bricks. they were so salty, but i ate them like crazy plain just tossed into a corn tortilla with lime.

i crave that sort of stuff, but i really try to eat a little healthier.

tonight i'm making koshari. it's spicy, everything is in the same bowl, and it's pretty healthy.

https://www.saveur.com/article/Recip...0-2011-koshary

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiBABW3XAAAGHV3.jpg

the tomato-based sauce really ties it all together

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 01-15-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:43 PM   #5625
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Does this count when the food is served at a restaurant? What's wrong with politely moving tomatoes and peas to the side (i got a serving a rice delivered with my food that had peas in it - i don't run into peas in rice very often at mexican restaurants, but when i do i just take them out instead of complaining and isn't it much more rude to complain or request they be taken out in the first place)
service industry people are running a business with overheads; if you see something listed on the ingredients you're not going to eat, we'd rather you ask for it to be left off and be cool if that's not an option than not say anything and leave half the ingredients from a served meal on the side of the plate - we can retain the stock, reduce overheads, and reduce food wastage.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:44 PM   #5626
myosis
Minion of Satan

i was crazy about frog legs as a kid, for some reason

Old 01-15-2018, 02:53 PM   #5627
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
service industry people are running a business with overheads; if you see something listed on the ingredients you're not going to eat, we'd rather you ask for it to be left off and be cool if that's not an option than not say anything and leave half the ingredients from a served meal on the side of the plate - we can retain the stock, reduce overheads, and reduce food wastage.
i always ask for no tomatoes when possible (especially when it says grape tomatoes), but i've worked in a restaurant, too, and/or know when the item is inundated and asking for no tomatoes would mean digging in my food as opposed to just leaving something out.

but when i go to mcdonalds i'm definitely not going to make that request- no one should feel special like that at mcdonalds. and i wouldn't order taboulleh, guacamole, or pico de gallo and ask for no tomatoes cause that would be stupid.

and like i said, peas don't usually come in rice at mexican restaurants. as a current service industry person, if your restaurant makes a custom dish in an unusual way, would you prefer the customer send the item back to be wasted or that she just move to the side what she doesn't like (which isn't included in how the dish is normally made)?

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 01-15-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:31 PM   #5628
FoolofaTook

In Korea they have a delicacy called Hong Oh. A piece of raw rotten fish twixt slices of old rotten kimchee. I took (IMPALA) one chew ran to the bathroom and vomitted.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:42 PM   #5629
Ram27
dumb

I just finished my ""homework"" for uni: I had to take the psds of the amazing new Fox scoreboard graphics (http://awfulannouncing.com/fox/fox-d...-scorebug.html) and edit them for the game I'm producing

This is so cool I'm so happy ahhh

Old 01-15-2018, 03:43 PM   #5630
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
i was crazy about frog legs as a kid, for some reason
They are pretty good!

Old 01-15-2018, 03:49 PM   #5631
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
i always ask for no tomatoes when possible (especially when it says grape tomatoes), but i've worked in a restaurant, too, and/or know when the item is inundated and asking for no tomatoes would mean digging in my food as opposed to just leaving something out.

but when i go to mcdonalds i'm definitely not going to make that request- no one should feel special like that at mcdonalds. and i wouldn't order taboulleh, guacamole, or pico de gallo and ask for no tomatoes cause that would be stupid.

and like i said, peas don't usually come in rice at mexican restaurants. as a current service industry person, if your restaurant makes a custom dish in an unusual way, would you prefer the customer send the item back to be wasted or that she just move to the side what she doesn't like (which isn't included in how the dish is normally made)?
raw tomatoes are the work of the devil. so is lettuce

peas are v un-mexican and i need to read the discussion upthread for this woah

Old 01-15-2018, 03:56 PM   #5632
myosis
Minion of Satan

what is so wrong with raw tomatoes? you picky eaters!

Old 01-15-2018, 04:25 PM   #5633
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Raw tomatoes are great. How can somebody not like lettuce? It's like crunchy sheets of water.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:47 PM   #5634
LaBelle
Socialphobic

The only kind of tomato i'm not a big fan of is dried tomato.
And lettuce is great.

But i'm a big fan of vegetables in general. Cauliflower is one of my favorites and most people I know react like i'm crazy for liking it.

Old 01-15-2018, 05:35 PM   #5635
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
there was a whole freezer end-cap dedicated to whole pig heads at walmart recently. i couldn't stop staring cuz i couldn't figure out how to prepare that or which parts exactly were eaten.

i'm a very picky eater, especially when it comes to meat i don't think i could do it. if i don't like the texture it is impossible for me to finish it.

Old 01-15-2018, 05:42 PM   #5636
LaBelle
Socialphobic

With pig's head you can make galantine (it's like pig meat jello).

You just cook it in a pan until the meat starts peeling off. You scrape all the meat off the skull and then prepare the dish.
I helped my uncle prepare this once, it was mildly upsetting.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:06 PM   #5637
ilikeplanets
Braindead

yeah. sounds awful to me but i'm just not used to it. i can't handle removing eyeballs and such. wimp. even seeing a whole pig or any animal being roasted upsets me. i'm not a vegan since i can't live without dairy products but it's still sad.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:11 PM   #5638
Shallowed
Braindead

I almost got into an argument with armchair engineers on Reddit about an egg factory that separates the whites and yolks, mixes each of them up, and boils them into egg-shaped tubes, solely so that they can be sliced "efficiently", that is, each slice has the same amount of white and yolk.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsin...ojc/?context=3

Old 01-15-2018, 06:27 PM   #5639
ilikeplanets
Braindead

"That seems like a lot of effort and complication for something that isn't even really a problem."

is what i was thinking, and then saw you said exactly that. i fucking hate eggs anyway. very picky eater.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:28 PM   #5640
ilikeplanets
Braindead

side note: do not image search "egg tubes"