Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2018, 11:10 PM   #871
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
I don't disagree that Billy treated D'arcy poorly. The situation does suck. Just saying it ain't as bad as a guy choking and attacking his brother outside one of their home recording studios.
If Billy is legitimately a person with narcissistic personality disorder, it probably is that bad. And I think the evidence weights heavily in favor of that theory.

Working in the mental health field I’ve definitely seen first hand what people like Billy do, and the whole Darcy/Billy thing reads to me like dozens of cases I’ve seen before. It just makes me absolutely sick to my stomach...especially with how quickly even Billy haters have begun to move on and forget. Narcissists are masters at getting people not to notice and/or forget. And it leaves their victims sitting in a huge tub of shit, feeling alone, and questioning their sanity.

There’s no way to compare these situations, ultimately. They are different and both are sad. I’m just adding my .02. Darcy in your interviews sounds spookily like a narcissistic abuse victim...it makes my hair stand on end how much so. And I feel a lot of empathy for her.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:16 PM   #872
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Totally

Old 06-27-2018, 11:25 PM   #873
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
If Billy is legitimately a person with narcissistic personality disorder, it probably is that bad. And I think the evidence weights heavily in favor of that theory.

Working in the mental health field I’ve definitely seen first hand what people like Billy do, and the whole Darcy/Billy thing reads to me like dozens of cases I’ve seen before. It just makes me absolutely sick to my stomach...especially with how quickly even Billy haters have begun to move on and forget. Narcissists are masters at getting people not to notice and/or forget. And it leaves their victims sitting in a huge tub of shit, feeling alone, and questioning their sanity.

There’s no way to compare these situations, ultimately. They are different and both are sad. I’m just adding my .02. Darcy in your interviews sounds spookily like a narcissistic abuse victim...it makes my hair stand on end how much so. And I feel a lot of empathy for her.
Yeah, I definitely understand, it's rough stuff. I feel for D'arcy, and wish she could get positive closure with Billy, which seemed so close to happening with the reunion. I actually think through all of the frustration and even issues they had, they deeply cared for each other, whether they'll admit it now or not.

I'm just basically saying I'm thankful with the Pumpkins that nobody is dead, or at least to my knowledge been physically hurt.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:27 PM   #874
fuzzyroes
Banned

@JohnCG: I think some people might be over-blowing things a bit. If Corgan was really that terrible of a guy, I doubt Iha would've returned.

I don't doubt that he's a fucked up creep, but to completely blame him for the decline of D'arcy is probably a bit much.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:30 PM   #875
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Yeah, I definitely understand, it's rough stuff. I feel for D'arcy, and wish she could get positive closure with Billy, which seemed so close to happening with the reunion. I actually think through all of the frustration and even issues they had, they deeply cared for each other, whether they'll admit it now or not.

I'm just basically saying I'm thankful with the Pumpkins that nobody is dead, or at least to my knowledge been physically hurt.
I appreciate you putting that in perspective actually. Thank you. With all drama I do find that oddly comforting.

The whole thing just sucks...as much as I’m cynical about the band..the original four really had a magic about them. They all were at their best when they were together. And we were SO close to seeing that happen again.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:31 PM   #876
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
@JohnCG: I think some people might be over-blowing things a bit. If Corgan was really that terrible of a guy, I doubt Iha would've returned.

I don't doubt that he's a fucked up creep, but to completely blame him for the decline of D'arcy is probably a bit much.
I hear you man. I’m sure Darcy is at least partly to blame too. And life. And shit happens.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:33 PM   #877
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I appreciate you putting that in perspective actually. Thank you. With all drama I do find that oddly comforting.

The whole thing just sucks...as much as I’m cynical about the band..the original four really had a magic about them. They all were at their best when they were together. And we were SO close to seeing that happen again.
Like I've mentioned, that's why I wanted the reunion so bad. They're all still alive, losing Cornell and Weiland the last few years has been very painful. I wanted to see one of my favorite bands with everyone alive having peace.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:36 PM   #878
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Like I've mentioned, that's why I wanted the reunion so bad. They're all still alive, losing Cornell and Weiland the last few years has been very painful. I wanted to see one of my favorite bands with everyone alive having peace.
Yeah it would have really been nice to see one of our cherished 90s bands have a second go after losing those two. From the outside it seems like, “why can’t they just get over their shit and do it” but of course it’s not that simple. As a guy who grew up worshipping 90s band it’s hard to see how things have turned out for most my heroes

Old 06-27-2018, 11:36 PM   #879
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

at least if D'arcy were in the band then there would be somebody attractive in that music video.. instead it will just be some old dudes and some mimes.. looks like a lemon party

Old 06-27-2018, 11:36 PM   #880
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Also with all the razzing Billy gets on here, I love the fact that he's still alive. I think that's why I give him the benefit of the doubt in some situations, though I'll heavily criticize him when it comes to stuff like the D'arcy fallout.

While I love Scott and Chris as a fan, I'm disappointed in them for going out the way that they did. I'd much rather be laughing at one of Billy's dumb Instagram troll posts than see stupid tribute shirt ads.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:41 PM   #881
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Also with all the razzing Billy gets on here, I love the fact that he's still alive. I think that's why I give him the benefit of the doubt in some situations, though I'll heavily criticize him when it comes to stuff like the D'arcy fallout.

While I love Scott and Chris as a fan, I'm disappointed in them for going out the way that they did. I'd much rather be laughing at one of Billy's dumb Instagram troll posts than see stupid tribute shirt ads.
You speak wise words my friend. And even though I think Solara is a frozen piece of shit, at least he’s trying. I appreciate you reminding me of all this.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:44 PM   #882
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Man now I’m just bummed about Cobain, Brad Nowell, Chris, Layne Staley, Elliott Smith...the list is endless. The gen x rock gods must have a curse on them. It’s really shitty.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:44 PM   #883
fuzzyroes
Banned

So, Solara debuted at number 37 on the Billboard Rock chart.... 3 spots worse than One and All which debuted at #34.

https://www.billboard.com/music/the-...s/song/1083103

On the "Hot Rock Songs" chart it debuted at only #47... Freak even did better, reaching #34
https://www.billboard.com/music/the-...ory/rock-songs

Pretty abysmal statistics for such a hyped comeback single.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 06-27-2018 at 11:52 PM.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:51 PM   #884
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Man now I’m just bummed about Cobain, Brad Nowell, Chris, Layne Staley, Elliott Smith...the list is endless. The gen x rock gods must have a curse on them. It’s really shitty.
Some days on AN all of the headlines are about dead guys, sucks. Got to appreciate who we've got left.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:54 PM   #885
fuzzyroes
Banned

Look how shit the rest of the acts are on this list

https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot...am-rock-tracks

Stone temple Pilots are even at #16, The Numetal band Sevendust is at #18, Breaking Benjamin is at 19, The Creed guitarists solo project is at #35 and there's Smashing Pumpkins DEBUTING with their highly anticipated reunion single below all of them lol.

The band has to be pretty upset with the song performing so pitifully.

Old 06-28-2018, 12:13 AM   #886
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

they didn't even release the video anywhere near the single coming out. stupid planning on their part if they wanted to chart higher.

Old 06-28-2018, 12:17 AM   #887
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Some days on AN all of the headlines are about dead guys, sucks. Got to appreciate who we've got left.
They're all dead guys. Grave or career.

GOT HIS ASS. RACK 'EM.

Old 06-28-2018, 12:17 AM   #888
slunken
Virgo

BRAAAP BRAAAP

Old 06-28-2018, 12:18 AM   #889
slunken
Virgo

WEEEEE ARE THE CHAAAAAMPIONS MY FRIEEEEEEENDS

Old 06-28-2018, 12:50 AM   #890
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
I wonder if there’s some link with Gen X and narcissistic abuse in general. Siamese Dream was huge, and it’s mostly about child abuse and codependent adult relationships. Which is what I’m in therapy for right now strangely enough. Maybe those artists encapsulated the subconscious pain of a generation.

BTW thanks for the STP info Mr. Buchanan. That is some wild shit. I wonder what will happen next for Dean DeLeo.

Old 06-28-2018, 12:53 AM   #891
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
Maybe those artists encapsulated the subconscious pain of a generation.
yea maybe but idk who can tell its not like anyone would ever speak publicly about such a thing

Old 06-28-2018, 12:56 AM   #892
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I wonder if there’s some link with Gen X and narcissistic abuse in general. Siamese Dream was huge, and it’s mostly about child abuse and codependent adult relationships. Which is what I’m in therapy for right now strangely enough. Maybe those artists encapsulated the subconscious pain of a generation.

BTW thanks for the STP info Mr. Buchanan. That is some wild shit. I wonder what will happen next for Dean DeLeo.
He might get away with it and stay in STP. They could be irrelevant enough now without Scott for him to get away with it without boycotting type campaigns.

I agree with your point about the pain of a generation, good way to put it.

Old 06-28-2018, 04:14 AM   #893
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Agreed, but I also think that D'arcy probably has borderline personality disorder. So the two of them together seems like a bad mix. A narcissist with no regard for someones feelings vs. someone with self image issues and bipolar tendencies.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:29 AM   #894
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Agreed, but I also think that D'arcy probably has borderline personality disorder. So the two of them together seems like a bad mix. A narcissist with no regard for someones feelings vs. someone with self image issues and bipolar tendencies.
That’s speculation which implies damaging behavior vs. decades of well-documented damaging behavior on Bily’s part.

What evidence do we have that D’Arcy has done anything to Billy that equates to narcissistic abuse?

(Also, the way that people respond to narcissistic abuse can make them appear very erratic and unstable.)

:

Old 06-28-2018, 09:00 AM   #895
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

What other rock fans go in depth this seriously speculating about the mental health about band members?

This band is crazy lol

Old 06-28-2018, 09:16 AM   #896
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
What other rock fans go in depth this seriously speculating about the mental health about band members?

This band is crazy lol
D’Arcy is crazy
Billy is a bully and is crazy

Just because you wanked it to D’Arcy as a kid doesn’t make her not crazy

All of you stfu who the fuck cares

Old 06-28-2018, 09:36 AM   #897
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

I mostly wanked it to the asian guitar player. She’s hot.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:44 AM   #898
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

Definitely. Something about the generation x rock stars just screams “TRAUMA ISSUES.” Watching them all completely annilihate themselves over the past 20 years or so has punctuated that in the worst way.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:31 AM   #899
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i'd like to punctuate your dad in the worst way

Old 06-28-2018, 10:32 AM   #900
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

(if u know what i mean)