Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2006, 06:51 PM   #1
xMAdMx
Oblivious Virgin

Default rosie vs. trump

Things got even uglier Thursday in the bitter war of words between Donald Trump and Rosie O'Donnell.

The Donald called the Los Angeles-based morning show "Good Day L.A." to sound off on O'Donnell's remarks about his near-firing of Miss USA Tara Conner.

"Maybe she wanted to put the crown back on Miss USA's head," the real-estate mogul said of the openly gay O'Donnell, who has four children with her partner, Kelli. "I think she's very attracted to Miss USA so she probably wanted to put the crown on her head herself."

Insult No. 2: "She is a very, very unattractive woman who really is a bully."

Insult No. 3: "Ultimately, Rosie is a loser, and ultimately ("The View") will fail because of Rosie. ... Barbara (Walters) made a mistake and let me tell you something, Barbara's a good friend of mine. She cannot stand Rosie O'Donnell."

It all started when O'Donnell, co-host of the ABC morning talk show "The View," blasted Trump on Wednesday's show.

She said Trump's news conference with Conner, whose title was in jeopardy because of underage drinking, had annoyed her "on a multitude of levels" and that the twice-divorced Donald had no right to be a "moral compass" for the beauty queen.

"He inherited a lot of money," she said. "Wait a minute, and he's been bankrupt so many times where he didn't have to pay. ... I just think that this man is sort of like one of those, you know, snake oil salesmen in 'Little House on the Prairie."'

Trump fired back later Wednesday in a TV interview, calling O'Donnell a "slob," among other insults. "I never went bankrupt, but she said I went bankrupt. So probably I'll sue her because it would be fun.

An amused O'Donnell talked about Trump's comments with her co-hosts on Thursday's edition of "The View."

"Wasn't that a fun night of viewing? ... Look who's here today: Kelli. I was afraid to leave her home in case somebody with a comb-over came and stole her from me," she said.

In an entry posted Wednesday night on her Web site, O'Donnell duplicated an excerpt on Trump's rocky financial history from his biography on the online encyclopedia Wikipedia, which is written by users. She wrote: "i will let you know if the donald sues me/or if kelli leaves me for one of his pals/don't u find him charming."

Walters, who created the "The View," and executive producer Bill Geddie are standing by O'Donnell -- and Trump.

"Both Rosie and Donald are high-spirited, opinionated people. Donald has been a friend of 'The View' for many years and Rosie, of course, is our enormously popular moderator. We cherish them both and hope the new year brings calm and peace," they said Wednesday in a statement.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:56 PM   #2
ReadMusic
Apocalyptic Poster

"i'll probably sue her, for the fun of it.

i want to take some money out of her fat ass pockets."

Old 12-21-2006, 07:21 PM   #3
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Rosie O'Donnell would win in a fight.

Old 12-21-2006, 07:31 PM   #4
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

Trump is the fucking man! He's hilarious on Howard Stern...love that somebody that rich and powerful can be so funny and brutully honest.

Old 12-21-2006, 07:34 PM   #5
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

they left out some of the best quotes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump
She says things that come to her mouth, she's not smart, she's crude, she's ignorant and to be honest I look forward to suing Rosie. I'm gonna sue her and I look forward to it. She's really very dangerous for the show. Rosie will find out what we're suing her for. She knows what we're suing her for. It's something I look very forward to. Rosie's been a loser for a long time. Her magazine failed, she got sued. She folded up like a tent. Rosie is somebody out of control who really just doesn't have it and she ought to be careful because I'll send one of my friends to pick up her girlfriend and I think it would be very easy.

Old 12-21-2006, 07:51 PM   #6
Trotskilicious
Banned

ah. the donald.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:16 PM   #7
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

Still, you guys have to admit it's a little tasteless and weak that his response to her opinion was to call her fat, threaten to take her girlfriend from her, and then sue her for no reason at all...it's made me laugh but his insults are still about as weak as someone in 8th grade on the playground. it's kind of sad to think a respectable businessman such as himself would stoop to that level for no reason at all.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:54 PM   #8
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppy Nono
Still, you guys have to admit it's a little tasteless and weak that his response to her opinion was to call her fat, threaten to take her girlfriend from her, and then sue her for no reason at all...it's made me laugh but his insults are still about as weak as someone in 8th grade on the playground. it's kind of sad to think a respectable businessman such as himself would stoop to that level for no reason at all.

he's stooped before. I like my man taking no shit. If I was rich like him I'd bash people who messed with me too.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:57 PM   #9
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

if this was any other time then when he's got a new season of the apprentice preparing to drop i'd say so too but this just screams publicity...much like his tiff with Martha Stewart over her version of the show was...and that kind of seems like a cheap tactic to me

but hey, i guess he didn't get rich by being a doormat

Old 12-21-2006, 10:30 PM   #10
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppy Nono
It sounds like Donald is secretly a member of Netphoria.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:32 PM   #11
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious
It sounds like Donald is secretly a member of Netphoria.

lol it makes me think of the davin/esty feud kind of

Old 12-22-2006, 01:05 AM   #12
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

someone photoshop davin's avatar with a pic of rosie the fathead

Last edited by killtrocity : 12-22-2006 at 01:12 AM.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:34 PM   #13
Rarely
Shh

how does he get his hair like that. i tried to style mine but it didnt work

Old 12-22-2006, 02:24 PM   #14
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

i find it all very funny. ah good ole' miss kentucky.

Old 12-22-2006, 02:34 PM   #15
Toast
Apocalyptic Poster

they both need a bullet to the head.

Old 12-22-2006, 02:36 PM   #16
Grumble
Apocalyptic Poster

I'll never get bored of laughing at his hair.

Old 12-22-2006, 02:45 PM   #17
Karl Connor
ADMlNISTRATOR

rosie's been stirring a lot of controversy since The View has given her a platform to speak.

Old 12-22-2006, 02:51 PM   #18
Karl Connor
ADMlNISTRATOR

from what i've read in various sources, Donald Trump is kind of an idiot. primarily i read about him in bill o'reilly's book (they used to be friends) and the guy's kind of a primadonna and his parents launched most of his success.

Old 12-22-2006, 03:12 PM   #19
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

well i think they are both idiots. i just like how the donald is like, well you're fat and i'm a billionaire, i win.

Old 12-22-2006, 05:53 PM   #20
Tournée d'adieu
Demi-God

When I heard about the Rosie/Trump controversy my first instinct was to go to her message board on IMDb, but I couldn't read more than two threads before getting a huge headache. At least when people here are stupid they have a habit of being entertaining about it.

Anyway, the reason must be publicity, as Trump has been called worse by more influential/funnier people. Nevermind the fact that most of what she said is true. I really can't stand the man, and his threats against her girlfriend are especially creepy.

I wonder if the producers of The View dread when Rosie opens her mouth or anticipate higher ratings because of it. I presume they knew what they were getting when they hired her.

Old 12-22-2006, 06:48 PM   #21
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

they wanted it...that's WHY they hired such a controversial figure. the view has it's best ratings in years and i actually watch sometimes just to see what insane shit will happen there next.

all of this aside i think she was pretty justified in calling him out over letting miss usa get off basically scott free but she did it in a way that is reminiscent of his own cheap response albeit much more mature.

Old 12-22-2006, 08:02 PM   #22
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

I wouldn't call myself a Rosie fan but man is Donald Trump creepy and gross and weird.

Old 12-22-2006, 08:06 PM   #23
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenguy2000
I wouldn't call myself a Rosie fan but man is Donald Trump creepy and gross and weird.
you just made me remember a while back when he said he'd marry his daughter if she wasn't related to him or something similarly incestuous...]

ugh you couldn't have described him a better way

Old 12-22-2006, 08:35 PM   #24
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

yeah, but he has a lot of moneys

Old 12-22-2006, 08:50 PM   #25
Pleasure|Contempt
viva la revolution eh, comrades?

He just keeps saying the same things over and over and over about her appearance, talk show and magazine.

Old 12-23-2006, 04:23 AM   #26
Josh
Demi-God

Originally Posted by Donald Trump

Old 12-23-2006, 04:27 AM   #27
I'm Hardcore
Banned

she talks like a truck driver!