Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 09:23 AM   #91
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
Don't get cocky, Marola. You may be peaking but this is my board, make no mistake. I will bury you.
Sir.

Old 01-31-2019, 09:23 AM   #92
Eulogy
huh

Back to zero degrees by 6 pm today. Huzzah.

Old 01-31-2019, 09:27 AM   #93
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

It's about 10 F right now, not sure what the wind chill is. I'm at Panera, waiting for my car to be ready at the mechanic

Old 01-31-2019, 09:50 AM   #94
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
Sir.
LOL. I think the breegull needs some education on whose board this is.

Old 01-31-2019, 09:51 AM   #95
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

agreed

with both the sentiment & the all-caps LOL

Old 01-31-2019, 09:51 AM   #96
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

looking for some education... make his way into the night!

Old 01-31-2019, 09:56 AM   #97
redbreegull

Angry

Eulogy doesn't even go here anymore

Old 01-31-2019, 11:03 AM   #98
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Wanna know an aspect of parenthood that sucks? Listening to Wanda Sykes voice a sassy gargoyle first thing every morning. Ugh.

Old 01-31-2019, 12:37 PM   #99
ilikeplanets
Braindead

So as I get into the shower this morning, the entire door fixture and both glass panels come crashing off the fucking stall. January gotta kick my ass one last time. This is unfuckingbelievable.

Old 01-31-2019, 01:04 PM   #100
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
Eulogy doesn't even go here anymore
i do.

Old 01-31-2019, 01:06 PM   #101
FoolofaTook

this will be me in a year or two

Old 01-31-2019, 01:06 PM   #102
FoolofaTook

so my neighbors are smoking weed

why is this happening to me?

Old 01-31-2019, 01:58 PM   #103
FoolofaTook

Talking ADVENTIST SEX SCENE (lolololol)

Taking his left hand, she placed it in the middle of her chest. He could feel the softness of her breasts on either side of his hand. He moved his hand up to her chin and tipped it to kiss her. When she reached up and took his hand again, he said, "Let's talk before we go any further."
Anna let go of his hand and slid over a couple of inches on the bed. "You know how to spoil the mood, don't you?” she said with a touch of bitterness.
"I'm sorry. I just need to talk about what's going on. This is a big step." he said hesitantly.
"Is it?"
"For me it is."
Anna looked at him carefully. "You've never done this before?"
Reluctantly, Chris said, "No I haven't. I know I'm probably the only twenty-seven-year-old guy in America who is still a virgin, but there it is."
"I thought you told me you weren't a monk."
"I did. I'm not a monk, but I am a virgin." Chris could feel his face getting warm. This wasn’t exactly how he’d imagined having this conversation.
"Is that by choice or circumstance?"
"Probably both."
"I don't consider this casual sex. We do love each other, don't we?" Chris could hear pain and confusion in Anna’s voice.
"Yes."
"Do you find me attractive? Sexually, I mean."
"Of course. Believe me, this is something I would enjoy very much. Saying what I did a minute ago was one of the hardest things I've done."
"So what's the problem?"
"Well, first off I have no protection. I've never bought a condom. And I'm not sure if you are on the pill."
"You could have asked,” Anna said with a touch of anger entering her voice.
"But it's more than that. I just have this thing about waiting."
"You mean until you're married."
Now Chris was getting upset. "Yeah. I know most people don't feel that way. Even some Christians. It's something I feel strongly about. I want to know that I've saved myself for my wife, and that she is the only one I have been intimate with."
"You realize your wife might not have taken the same high ground."
"I know that. And I know this is hard to believe, but I accept the fact that she may not be a virgin. In fact, I realize that's not likely."
Anna stood up. "You have put me in a very awkward position. I feel like a fool." She moved further from the bed. In the dark, Chris could not see the expression on her face but knew she was very hurt and probably humiliated.
"I'm really sorry I let things progress this far without saying something,” he said, wishing he could erase the last couple minutes. “It just didn't seem right before."
"I think you need to go now." Chris sensed she was crying. It felt like two hands were wringing every drop of emotion out of his heart.
Chris stood. "I know I can’t say anything that will change the way you're feeling right now. But let me say two things."
Anna stood silent in the darkness.
"First of all, it kills me that I have hurt you. I love you, respect you, and feel terrible that this has happened. Second, there is nothing that I could imagine being more wonderful than making love to you. It's just that I feel very strongly that sex can really cloud my judgment and complicate our relationship."
Chris paused to let Anna respond. When she didn't, he said, "Someone I really respected said sex is like kettle drums in an orchestra—beautiful, but they can drown out the rest of the music." Anna sniffed, and Chris forged ahead. "I really believe sex is so important that it has to come at the right time. I don't expect anyone else to think that way. And I respect the fact that it may mean something special but very different to you. I'm sorry."
Again, she was silent. He waited for a minute before deciding it was best to leave. Before he walked out of the door, he said, "I can leave in the morning if you want."
With that he stepped into the hall, closing the door behind him.

Old 01-31-2019, 02:13 PM   #104
FoolofaTook

Back in his room, Chris lay on the bed in the dark. He felt ill for having hurt Anna. He knew “hurt” didn't come close to describing how she felt. He wanted to go to her and comfort her. But he knew that would be the worst decision he could make.

Old 01-31-2019, 02:19 PM   #105
FoolofaTook

In the shower, Chris let the hot water run over his head. He turned, allowing the jets to pummel the back of his neck. It was safe and quiet in there. Unfortunately, he thought, it’s going to take more than hot water to get me out of this mess. Between the super-hot water and vigorous toweling off, he attempted to rouse himself from the exhausted dread he felt. It didn’t work.

Old 01-31-2019, 02:20 PM   #106
FoolofaTook

Old 01-31-2019, 03:34 PM   #107
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

so, when will we be able to purchase the "tooked & improved" version?

Old 01-31-2019, 05:15 PM   #108
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
W/r/t Bundy I'm pretty sure he had a "reason" for killing, and that reason is complete psychopathy and narcissism and no impulse control, amongst other serious mental/mood/behavioral disorders. It's not really something ordinary people can even begin to relate to, so it makes him one of the most monstrous imo.
I think one of the most striking things about psychopaths is how utterly uncomplex they are. Like, there doesn't seem to be a complex set of motivations that makes them do what they do. No super profound psychology. They are just assholes.

It's like when you're watching a movie, and the bad guy just seems to be evil for the sake of it. The character comes off as flat, undynamic, and a bit unrealistic.

Psychopaths are just poorly-written characters IRL.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:17 PM   #109
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

no, there's definitely something deeper, it's just so normalized for them that they portray it as perfectly simple. otherwise you'd have Ted Bundys popping up & acting out all the time

Old 01-31-2019, 05:18 PM   #110
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I should probably add that, in terms of storytelling, not every character necessarily needs to be round, dynamic, and complex, in order for the story to be interesting or the character to be compelling, and it's not necessarily "poor writing" to have characters like that.

But still, that psychopaths exist is just evidence of the universe's mediocre writing ability. That's also why life is so boring, the universe hasn't got an imagination.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:31 PM   #111
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
no, there's definitely something deeper, it's just so normalized for them that they portray it as perfectly simple. otherwise you'd have Ted Bundys popping up & acting out all the time
I mean, they are definitely rare, and psychopaths make up such a small portion of the population that most deviant behaviour can't be explained by it. Most people who deviate from society's norms and commit crimes, even violent ones, are not psychopaths, and are much more similar to the average person than to the psychopath. I'd say that for these people, their motivations and behaviours are as complex as any other person's, and it's usually a unique set of circumstances that conditioned their deviant behaviour.

But when it comes to actual psychopaths, I'm no expert on them, but I feel like they are simpler than the average person, rather than more complex, and there isn't much deeper driving their behaviour than the fact that they are just dicks.

It would be interesting to look at different types of psychopaths, though. I mean, not every psychopath is going to become something like a serial killer. Most won't. Most will have similar goals to everybody else's, but simply have no compunctions about harming other people in the pursuit of their goals. Normal people weigh possible effects on other people in the cost-benefit analysis of our actions to some extent. But even the psychopath who doesn't care if he hurts other people probably won't go out of his way to hurt other people if it suits no obvious purpose. I guess the sorts of psychopaths who do go out of their way to harm others and derive pleasure from it (for example, serial killers) share other psychopath's lack of empathy, but also have a sadism that other psychopaths don't. Maybe that explains why one guy might microwave cats for fun, and another person won't do anything weird like that, but would gladly shoot somebody if he got $400 bucks for it?

Old 01-31-2019, 05:33 PM   #112
Disco King
Minion of Satan

This is all speculation, I ain't no doctor or nothing.

Not until I finish my dissertation and my supervisor, Kimani Shorter, approves it.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:35 PM   #113
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I was watching some Jim Jones documentary on YouTube. It seems like he sought power for its own sake, and just liked being able to have people do as he told them. Didn't seem like there was any goal beyond that, or that the control was an instrument unto some further ambition. He just liked being the leader and belittling others, I think. He was just a dick.

Under Shorter Typology, he would be The Emperor, because the Emperor is a dick. All dick-cluster personality types fall under the Emperor.

Also the Tower, because towers are a little phallic.

This is science.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:37 PM   #114
buzzard
Minion of Satan

So long as the psychologist you've been seeing since childhood nods in an encouraging manner while subtly eyeing the clock, you're good to publish.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:38 PM   #115
ilikeplanets
Braindead

a lot of serial killers have significantly below average IQs, actually. particularly from recorded head trauma. the monster can be made! that's more of a sociopath situation, i guess.. that's not really biological psychopathy. they just don't fear consequences, and have no emotional reaction to lying, no guilt or empathy, etc. from birth.

Old 01-31-2019, 06:09 PM   #116
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

James Iha b-sides download?

Old 01-31-2019, 06:10 PM   #117
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

links to smushing pimpkins material STRICKTLY PROHIBITED.

Old 01-31-2019, 06:11 PM   #118
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

muse, anyone?

Old 01-31-2019, 06:15 PM   #119
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

i prefer Placebo

Old 01-31-2019, 06:17 PM   #120
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

(pm if you find the besides, please)