Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 02-25-2014, 10:26 PM   #61
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Jews.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:34 PM   #62
Bread Regal
Banned

seriously concerned for TOC's mental health. the biggest obstacle in treating patients with paranoid delusions is that they believe that everyone who resembles an authority figure is out to get them. and theres an entire community that gives credence to this type of shit. it's similar to how the hallucinations experienced by the mentally ill are validated by church communities who believe they're "gifted" and are "communicating with god". because their delusions are extremely vivid and make total sense to them, they are reluctant to seek treatment for a condition which is likely to get much much worse.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:39 PM   #63
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
You can't get from here to there without understanding the real reason for his crucifixion. She seems to me to be onto it that the meaning is a manufactured manipulation of the religion. He challenged the money handlers and they did away with him.

The early church thought his death to be a victory over the powers of sin and death. It took centuries for the current idea of "he died for our sins" to start to develop. For millions, it defines their faith in Jesus, for many others it is the basis for rejecting Christianity as an inherently violent religion with a bloodthirsty God that requires death in exchange for mercy.
without even going into the fact that you are treating historical Jesus and religious Jesus as portrayed in the Gospels as one indivisible figure, you are totally wrong. Jesus coming to Earth in order to deliver the message that God will forgive anyone with 1. real faith and 2. real penitence for his/her transgressions, and that God the Father knew Jesus would die in this mission to deliver humanity to salvation is literally all over the new testament. The only time it took to develop is the time between when real Jesus died and when the Gospels were canonized

Old 02-25-2014, 10:42 PM   #64
redbreegull

the only kernel of truth you accidentally stepped on is that some early (pre-canon) Christians were probably very communistic. Christian moral philosophy pulls heavily from the cynics.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:02 AM   #65
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
This must be from Ted Nugent's fb page?
from some facebook argument on an e-friend's wall. the krazy kristian was almost completely talking to herself. none of what she wrote really answered anyone's posts.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:58 AM   #66
Starla

So Jesus didn't want money changers in the temple. Then why are most Assembly of God and Baptist churches outfitted with coffee shops and gift stores in their church buildings? I assume they see it differently.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:11 AM   #67
Order 66
Socialphobic

the newer churchs are more privvy to jesus' capitalist leanings. before they though oh hes got long hair and shit he probably smokes weed and communixex ans shit

Old 02-26-2014, 10:17 AM   #68
yo soy el mejor

praying (talking to yourself and wishing for things) is perfectly natural, but some dudes needed to invent someone who listens so they wouldn't feel so silly and like it was for naught. then they gave him a crazy backstory.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #69
Order 66
Socialphobic

i want to invent a robot i can have sex with. but thats just me

Old 02-26-2014, 12:11 PM   #70
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
So Jesus didn't want money changers in the temple. Then why are most Assembly of God and Baptist churches outfitted with coffee shops and gift stores in their church buildings? I assume they see it differently.

satanicpedocabal.org

i get the feeling The Obama Concern is the last christian soldier alive

Old 02-26-2014, 01:12 PM   #71
Order 66
Socialphobic

that would be me

Old 02-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #72
redbreegull

Quote:
ideas about poverty being an ideal, rejecting material wealth, the role of money in Christianity.... these things have been issues of contention since the dawn of the religion. It is clear that Jesus' teachings are heavily derivative of stoic and cynic philosophy. The cynics in particular were very serious about rejecting money and earthly goods. They were quite "communistic" in their class attitudes. Reading the Gospels as a non-Christian with no formal dogmatic background on how to interpret the texts, it seems obvious to me that Jesus would have been on board with the cynics. Subverting the corrupt, greedy, deeply materialistic Jewish and Roman power structures seems to have been amongst his highest priorities, at least as interpreted by those who wrote the Gospels, and especially the Synoptic Gospels (Mark, Math., Luke) which were written earlier. However, this has clearly been the less popular perspective on the matter throughout history as those with the deepest pockets typically come out on top. But it's been debated forever. The Catholic Church led inquisitions (read: hysterical murderous sprees) against Franciscan-offshoot "heretics" who preached that Jesus lived in poverty in the 12th and 13th centuries.

edit: sorry I meant the 13th and 14th centuries

Last edited by redbreegull : 02-26-2014 at 05:03 PM.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:59 PM   #73
Order 66
Socialphobic

jesus was a brought up by the bootstraps capitalist.. just how how mlk jr was a union busting hardline conservative.

i was homeschooled btw

Old 02-26-2014, 05:12 PM   #74
Trotskilicious
Banned

MLK was the guy that said black people should stop complaining and get jobs right

Old 02-26-2014, 05:13 PM   #75
Order 66
Socialphobic

yeah he was like stop smoking weed and dressing like sports thugs. which paved the way for the reagan preidency

Old 02-26-2014, 05:19 PM   #76
D.
Consume my pants.

last three posts are perfect

Old 02-26-2014, 05:37 PM   #77
Trotskilicious
Banned

and what's with the way the blacks talk, can't they just talk normal?

Old 02-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #78
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m...f9tbo1_500.gif

Old 02-26-2014, 08:20 PM   #79
redbreegull

good thing we now have stand your ground laws so old white guys can murder black children who won't stop sagging their pants. This is what MLK would have wanted, because he believed in eugenics and wanted to kill black children with the bitch who started planned parenthood. I read it in facebook.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:29 PM   #80
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post

satanicpedocabal.org

i get the feeling The Obama Concern is the last christian soldier alive
I'm a mod on their forums.