Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2008, 04:17 PM   #211
Sarah Palin
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm9843 View Post

VROOM VROOM!!! and in all fairness that animal was a liberal, i simply put it out of it's misery.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #212
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

Hey Sarah, have you ever plastered on your makeup like a trollop?

Old 08-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #213
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

Obama campaign highlights Palin's 'zero' experience

LOL

Old 08-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #214
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
FB, you're kinda grasping at straws here, aren't you? McCain's main criticism of Obama, which seemed to be working, was that he was inexperienced. So then he picks a running mate who clearly could not be president (if he wins and dies, we're fucked, eh?). He took that criticism off the table. If the "experience" argument is gone, Obama benefits.

It is not as though Obama's #1 criticism of McCain was that he had too much experience. come on now.
Not really. Biden as VP hasnt taken criticizing washington politics off the table, has it? Thats if they try and criticize her experience. If they avoid it she's still meat for the base.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:28 PM   #215
Sarah Palin
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenguy2000 View Post
Hey Sarah, have you ever plastered on your makeup like a trollop?
yes but if anyone referred to me as a cunt i would release them into the vast Alaskan wild and hunt them down like an animal

Old 08-29-2008, 04:34 PM   #216
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm9843 View Post
Biden will effectively advise him on foreign policy and provide insight into Washington bureaucracy..
But but washington judgment got us into Iraq, why would Obama want or need to listen to that? He's made that pretty clear for some time now.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #217
Caine Walker
Braindead

how many delegates does Alaska have?

edit: 60.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #218
homechicago
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine Walker View Post
i can't tell if you're being facetious or stupid.

I am stupid, but I was in fact being facetious.

As I recall, the last time we elected a relatively inexperienced governor who had never traveled outside of this country, and who had a big oil connection, we got F*****.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:51 PM   #219
AlaskanBastard
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeyLoki View Post
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: AlaskanBastard

Tell us what you think, bastard.
I was really surprised by this pick. I've probably had guys pump my gas who have more reason to be a VP than this lady. I've been to Wasilla, where she was a mayor, and I'd hardly call it a town, it's more like a village. I'm sure everyone in the Alaska is shitting themselves over this, one of there politicians makes the front page for something other than corruption.

At first I thought this was a good pick for McCain, but now that I think about it, it's horrible. He didn't just choose someone from a podunk state like Alaska, but one with no experience either. But I'll be interested in seeing how this pans out.

At least we could have the best looking VP ever:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...silla-1984.jpg

Old 08-29-2008, 06:18 PM   #220
Andy /

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy View Post
"In a CNBC interview about her ongoing ethics investigation, Palin stated that she was unsure about what a Vice President does every day."

Awesome.

So... can you tell me exactly what a VP does every day? When they're not waiting for Presidents to die or voting along party lines to break Senate ties, what exactly do they do on a daily basis? Edumacate me.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:49 PM   #221
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeyLoki View Post
I love Obama's tactics though - play the "i won't insult anyone" game by issuing statements and then have his campaign issue statements that attack his opponents. And the media eats it up.

I do find it hilarious that people from Illinois are attacking someone from Alaska for wanting to drill.... in Alaska and for not "protecting" the Alaskan Wilderness, even though it's something Alaskans overwhelmingly support.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:51 PM   #222
SlingeroGuitaro
Starbucks addicted minion

my only argument of alaskan drilling and offshore drilling is: why do we need to drill when we arent pumping all of the wells we have already? why drill for something we already have access to but arent utilizing

Old 08-29-2008, 06:59 PM   #223
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingeroGuitaro View Post
my only argument of alaskan drilling and offshore drilling is: why do we need to drill when we arent pumping all of the wells we have already? why drill for something we already have access to but arent utilizing
because the oil in Alaska is eaiser and cheaper to bring to ground surface.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:59 PM   #224
Debaser
ghost

what incentive is there to drill more and fuck with the supply when oil companies are making the biggest profits in history right now.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:04 PM   #225
sleeper
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Boy View Post
I never said it was. One thing, as BLoser just pointed out, how is the Obama campaign going to attack her inexperience without opening up that attack on themselves. She's meat for the base, that's another. I just don't see how it hurts. As if VP picks arent politically motivated, of all the stupid things to say.
do i even need to point out that its a question of to what degree? theres no comparison here between biden and palin.

chosing palin was a brazen ploy to grab hillary voters (i guess they get your vote now, you fanatic) and to appease social conservative neanderthals. biden is, by any definition, a highly capable statesman and policy expert, someone who can actually contribute something meaningful to, uh, you know, everything that happens after the election is over.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:04 PM   #226
SlingeroGuitaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Meeks View Post
because the oil in Alaska is eaiser and cheaper to bring to ground surface.
there are wells that have already been dug with pumps already installed, they just arent on.

my friends dad owns a drilling company and owns several wells in oklahoma and NW texas. he says the "shortage" is caused because assholes like him (he called himself an asshole) know they can make more with a higher cost and lower output

Old 08-29-2008, 07:05 PM   #227
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaser View Post
what incentive is there to drill more and fuck with the supply when oil companies are making the biggest profits in history right now.

exactly. People act like the oil drilled is gonna go straight to the public. Unless I'm missing something, Conoco Phillips will drill and sell to wherever they please. Drilling more oil isn't gonna solve a thing.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:05 PM   #228
sleeper
Minion of Satan

in any case, i lost $30 on this bitch. i bet on romney thinking mccain had some sense in him

Old 08-29-2008, 07:09 PM   #229
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

ughhhh they keep showing pictures of her meeting with the troops like it gives her foreign policy/war cred.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #230
Nimrod's Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper View Post
in any case, i lost $30 on this bitch. i bet on romney thinking mccain had some sense in him
never bet on a mormon

Old 08-29-2008, 07:19 PM   #231
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

lol, a Republican advisor just said her son being in Iraq gives her foreign policy a great start. Why?

This is going to be hilarious.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:19 PM   #232
sleeper
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
never bet on a mormon

theyre a wily lot, agreed

Old 08-29-2008, 07:20 PM   #233
Nimrod's Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaser View Post
Yeah the democrats were so desperate to lock up that black vote that they didn't have locked up anyways.
No, but there were huge get out the vote in the primary campaigns for black voters. Plus I think a lot of the liberal elite felt good voting for a black man "ooh, look at how progressive I am!!!"

Old 08-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #234
SlingeroGuitaro

now only if he was queer...

Old 08-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #235
sleeper
Minion of Satan

whoever said she'll get trounced in a debate with biden is right. if biden handles it right he can practically suffocate her to within an inch of her life in his knowledge and competence.

and i REALLY hope her creationist views become a campaign issue. i hope her views get publicized to the point that people are forced to seriously consider whether or not they trust the judgment of a person who probably believes the earth is 6000 years old. normally people have the luxury of ignoring/downplaying this stuff. overall, this is a great opportunity to drag these beliefs through the mud and further discredit them.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:25 PM   #236
sleeper
Minion of Satan

good thing he didnt pick condoleezza, though, that wouldve instantly doubled the vulgarity of this choice -- black AND woman!

Old 08-29-2008, 07:29 PM   #237
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
do i even need to point out that its a question of to what degree? theres no comparison here between biden and palin.
I agree. But Biden isnt the nominee.

Quote:
(i guess they get your vote now, you fanatic).
Dont look at me, Im voting Nader.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:34 PM   #238
Corganist
Minion of Satan

Quote:
whoever said she'll get trounced in a debate with biden is right. if biden handles it right he can practically suffocate her to within an inch of her life in his knowledge and competance.
Ain't gonna happen. If anything, the one advantage to having a woman go up against Biden in the debate is that when (not if) he starts to pull some of the smarmy bullying bullshit he's shown so often on the Judiciary committee, he'll look all the worse for it. Biden is Biden's worst enemy, and I don't think any amount of *cough*plagiarized*cough* knowledge is gonna help him with that.

Quote:
and i REALLY hope her creationist views become a campaign issue. i hope her views get publicized to the point that people are forced to seriously consider whether or not they trust the judgment of a person who probably believes the earth is 6000 years old. normally people have the luxury of downplaying this stuff. overall, this is a great opportunity to drag these beliefs through the mud and further discredit them.
Are you joking? The GOP would LOVE for this election to turn into a referendum on Christianity and creationism. I couldn't think of a bigger gift for the GOP than for the Dems to fire a few shots across the bow of Christianity. The religious right don't have much of a dog in this fight right now. They don't have much reason to go to much effort to support McCain right now...but you can guarantee they'll turn out like gangbusters if the question of religion becomes an issue in the campaign. The Dems do NOT want to go there.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #239
beef curtains
Immortal

Quote:
whoever said she'll get trounced in a debate with biden is right. if biden handles it right he can practically suffocate her to within an inch of her life in his knowledge and competence.

and i REALLY hope her creationist views become a campaign issue. i hope her views get publicized to the point that people are forced to seriously consider whether or not they trust the judgment of a person who probably believes the earth is 6000 years old. normally people have the luxury of ignoring/downplaying this stuff. overall, this is a great opportunity to drag these beliefs through the mud and further discredit them.
I'm drooling at this possibility

Old 08-29-2008, 07:36 PM   #240
Nimrod's Son

sleeper thinks if Obama pisses on a crucifix that this will somehow accelerate Obama's chances