Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 09-17-2006, 10:36 AM   #1
Effloresce
Banned

Default Evangelists and how they will shape the future of this country.

Ispired by the mormon thread.

Since a lot of you are pretty experienced with poltics here, I figured I'd ask the question: In another 20 years what do you think the younger generations will do to change the political landscape?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/magnol...scamp/trailer/

So if every two days one of these churches open... what does this tell you?

It tells me that more evangelist familes are having more kids and outnumbering families of other religions and the amount of kids they have. Which may mean nothing now, but those kids will get older, get jobs, move, and vote. I don't think they will all stay in redneck USA. With directors (such as the evangelist who did Path to 9/11) saying they want to change Hollywood from the inside, I think it's pretty clear what evangelists intend to do with their little army of millions of children. Why do I see them moving to the "sinful", "ungodly", etc. heavily populated areas in massive numbers and changing this nation from a conservative/moderate one to a completely radicalized one?

Maybe I'm overanalyzing the situation here, but it leaves much to be worried about. Just wondering what everyone else has to say about evangelism and its effect on the US political and even social landscape.

It's just really disheartening to know that in this day and age, society in the USA is taking a massive step backwards.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:42 AM   #2
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

Question

And how often do children actually keep the religion and political beliefs of their parents?

Old 09-17-2006, 10:49 AM   #3
Effloresce
Banned

Enough of them did it to pass this onto THEIR children. I see what you are trying to say, but I don't think the country has ever seen a group of people representing one religion have so much dominance. There will always be kids who respectfully disagree or completely rebel, but there are so many evangelist families overall. More conservatives (especially fundamentalists) are having more kids than anyone else, etc.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:51 AM   #4
Fathoms (unadored)
Apocalyptic Poster

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeyLoki
And how often do children actually keep the religion and political beliefs of their parents?

I heart once it was something like 80%. Probably more like 98% when brainwashing is involved.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:57 AM   #5
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

Talking

I was asking a genuine question, btw, not trying to be snarky... I'd be interested in seeing if there's a study on it.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:11 AM   #6
Effloresce
Banned

Fathoms makes a point. I mean this is not just a bible camp these kids are going to. It's closer to a cult than anything else. The excessive crying while reaching out to Jesus, the convulsions on the floor - NO CHILD should have to live like that. They are getting an idea beaten into their heads that Satan is trying to overcome them and they need the spirit of Jesus to live life. I think the convulsions alone make this shit easily comparable to a cult where the same kinds of things happen. The blacking out afterwards, not remembering anything... it's all the same. It's brainwashing.

Old 09-17-2006, 12:14 PM   #7
BlueStar
Newly independent

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeyLoki
80% of the time

Old 09-17-2006, 12:32 PM   #8
Quiet CD
Apocalyptic Poster

hey awesome, they're breeding them to be part of god's army, send them all to Iraq or whatever mess we're stuck in in 10-15 years... i'm sure god will send them to heaven anyways so if they live or die, win win situation right?

Old 09-17-2006, 12:56 PM   #9
spa ced
Braindead

we just need to wait for these baby boomers to die off so that this country will be less fundamentally christian. fucking longer life spans.

Old 09-17-2006, 06:03 PM   #10
Effloresce
Banned

Quote:
we just need to wait for these baby boomers to die off so that this country will be less fundamentally christian. fucking longer life spans.
Huh? But what about all these kids in the documentary? And their parents? When the baby boomers die, you still have all these people to think about. They're growing! And having more kids than other types of Christians!

Old 09-17-2006, 06:26 PM   #11
Effloresce
Banned

"They make their own choices" but they want to also change schools that are too liberal. Right.

They see universities as "enemies of freedom and truth?"
Most of them "don't believe in such a thing as truth"? WTF is wrong with these people.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:42 PM   #12
gurr8
Ownz

in 20 years we'll be thankful for these extremists to be voting in the West to counteract the huge Muslim vote we will be facing. i'd rather not live under Sharia law.

Old 09-18-2006, 01:22 AM   #13
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effloresce
It's just really disheartening to know that in this day and age, society in the USA is taking a massive step backwards.
I'm not really concerned yet. But here are a couple examples of families (one being in politics) who are evangelical and believe in breeding "an army of Christians".

The Duggar Family

Quiverfull.org

Old 09-18-2006, 01:43 AM   #14
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********
everyone should listen to this interview on NPR with Michael Farris, the guy who started Patrick Henry College (the school for home-schooled Christian children geared to groom them for leadership positions in the White House) and the Generation Joshua organization.

Scary stuff. I've been meaning to write a little essay about this but have been putting it off for months now.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5427797

Yeah, well, there are alot of other scary evangelical leaders out there like Gary Ezzo and James Dobson who encourage parents to beat their children and raise them in strict Christian environments, and yes, groom them for leadership/political positions if possible. I had to write a paper on fanatical Christian conservatism back in 2001 myself. The more I researched the more nauseating it became.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:10 AM   #15
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurr8
in 20 years we'll be thankful for these extremists to be voting in the West to counteract the huge Muslim vote we will be facing. i'd rather not live under Sharia law.
Yeah, but if they don't get what they want via the ballot box, there are always other means. Extremists will have no qualms either way.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:14 AM   #16
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effloresce
Fathoms makes a point. I mean this is not just a bible camp these kids are going to. It's closer to a cult than anything else. The excessive crying while reaching out to Jesus, the convulsions on the floor - NO CHILD should have to live like that. They are getting an idea beaten into their heads that Satan is trying to overcome them and they need the spirit of Jesus to live life. I think the convulsions alone make this shit easily comparable to a cult where the same kinds of things happen. The blacking out afterwards, not remembering anything... it's all the same. It's brainwashing.
Exactly. When raised within a belief system which encourages no open debate kids don't develop the mindset to question. See the dominance of religion in pre-enlightenment Europe, sadly a time in which many countries still are, plus religious enclaves in America etc.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:14 AM   #17
Effloresce
Banned

Look how radical the crazy woman with the glasses is. Her justification for being so extreme in the way she wants children to be taught is basically "hey, at least we're not putting bombs in their hands, and we need our own god warriors to combat them!" This is stupid. You do not have to be deeply fundamentally religious (you don't need to be religious at ALL) to understand that young children being taught to hate and kill at an early age in, say, Palestine, is wrong. It is wrong. I don't need to be a god warrior to understand this. You do not need to be a god warrior to know that you cannot follow that example and still consider yourself a good person. That's a completely different culture over there. American children are not exposed to that. This lady uses videos on the Internet to help her justify her stupid case. This isn't happening in your backyard, bitch.

But ultimately, what solidifies how radical these people are is not only the oh so obvious brainwashing, but how they have their own Christian flag next to the American flag. It makes it very clear what they intend to do to this country religiously and politically.

Seperation of Church and State is getting raped right now, something needs to be done about it.

Old 09-21-2006, 04:32 PM   #18
homechicago
Apocalyptic Poster

anyone ever watch that Osteen guy?