Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2017, 10:15 AM   #31
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: mayfair mistress of the satellites
Posts: 5,618
Default

So this is going live today. Encouragingly, they note that

Quote:
There will be an array of price points ranging from $10 - $8,900. A little something for everyone
I'll probably try for something around $100 that isn't too lowkey and lame to justify spending $100 on it

 
Ram27 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:40 AM   #32
amoergosum
Apocalyptic Poster
 
amoergosum's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
I'll probably try for something around $100 that isn't too lowkey and lame to justify spending $100 on it


 
amoergosum is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:24 PM   #33
amoergosum
Apocalyptic Poster
 
amoergosum's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,888
Default



 
amoergosum is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:31 PM   #34
sjpaterra
Ownz
 
sjpaterra's Avatar
 
Posts: 541
Default

i suspect the only thing i could afford and would want and will try to buy is that 20th anniversary marching snare with the snake on it... seems dope.

 
sjpaterra is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:34 PM   #35
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: mayfair mistress of the satellites
Posts: 5,618
Default

By the way, the kit he played here is on sale

https://reverb.com/item/4135911-saka...mmy-chamberlin

Judging by that price I'm scared to think how much the Machina kit is

 
Ram27 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:00 PM   #36
amoergosum
Apocalyptic Poster
 
amoergosum's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,888
Default

The sale just started.



 
amoergosum is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:05 PM   #37
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: mayfair mistress of the satellites
Posts: 5,618
Default

Today snare is $4k

 
Ram27 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:07 PM   #38
amoergosum
Apocalyptic Poster
 
amoergosum's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
Today snare is $4k
Do it!

 
amoergosum is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:09 PM   #39
amoergosum
Apocalyptic Poster
 
amoergosum's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,888
Default

Somebody just purchased this kit:


 
amoergosum is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:10 PM   #40
amoergosum
Apocalyptic Poster
 
amoergosum's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,888
Default

Monte is going to purchase the timpani!!!


"Perhaps this is the most dynamic thing we have seen the Pumpkins do since Jimmy would come out and play guitar on 1979 or in the small clip during Mayonnaise in Vieuphoria where we see Billy playing drums and later he would play the timpani in 2008."


 
amoergosum is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:19 PM   #41
amoergosum
Apocalyptic Poster
 
amoergosum's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
Today snare is $4k
Sold.

 
amoergosum is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:20 PM   #42
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: mayfair mistress of the satellites
Posts: 5,618
Default

I expect pictures from whatever motherfucker spent $25k on that Mellon Collie kit

 
Ram27 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:21 PM   #43
amoergosum
Apocalyptic Poster
 
amoergosum's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,888
Default

...also sold:

"Yamaha Maple Custom Drum Kit used on "Mellon Collie and Infinite Sadness" owned by Jimmy Chamberlin"






Last edited by amoergosum : 02-22-2017 at 01:26 PM.

 
amoergosum is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:23 PM   #44
jimmy drevpile
Ownz
 
jimmy drevpile's Avatar
 
Location: themachinesomehow
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
...also sold:

"Yamaha Maple Custom Drum Kit used on "Mellon Collie and Infinite Sadness" owned by Jimmy Chamberlin"

Fess-up then, who managed to snag this?! That kit is all round amazing...

Also, who got the broken drum machine: https://reverb.com/item/4353433-ales...mmy-chamberlin !?!

Last edited by jimmy drevpile : 02-22-2017 at 01:31 PM.

 
jimmy drevpile is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:33 PM   #45
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: mayfair mistress of the satellites
Posts: 5,618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy drevpile View Post
Also, who got the broken drum machine: https://reverb.com/item/4353433-ales...mmy-chamberlin !?!
That's arguably more iconic than the kit used on Ruby and Bodies tbh. Pretty cool

 
Ram27 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:38 PM   #46
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: mayfair mistress of the satellites
Posts: 5,618
Default

I'm actually pretty happy with my meager acquisition -->



$35 is a good deal for one of those anyway, and I've been lowkey meaning to get one for a while. Even better deal since it's a good quality one. And since it was owned by Jimmy

Here's where it gets (potentially) really exciting: the only times Jimmy had an extra hihat in his setup were during the SD and MCIS tours, as used on Geek USA, Hummer, Quiet, and others. So exclusively the golden era. There is a small chance that this was actually used on tour, at the band's peak:


Last edited by Ram27 : 02-22-2017 at 01:51 PM.

 
Ram27 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:39 PM   #47
amoergosum
Apocalyptic Poster
 
amoergosum's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
That's arguably more iconic than the kit used on Ruby and Bodies tbh. Pretty cool
>>>

"This Alesis drum machine comes from the personal collection of Jimmy Chamberlin. The unit powers on and loads presets (one of which is titled "1979"...) but does not function properly and produces no sound. This unit is sold As-Is with no returns.

This item ships with a signed Certificate of Authenticity."

 
amoergosum is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:49 PM   #48
jimmy drevpile
Ownz
 
jimmy drevpile's Avatar
 
Location: themachinesomehow
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
I'm actually pretty happy with my meager acquisition -->



$35 is a good deal for one of those anyway, and I've been lowkey meaning to get one for a while. Even better deal since it's a good quality one. And since it was owned by Jimmy

Here's where it gets (potentially) really exciting: the only times Jimmy had an extra hihat in his setup were during the SD and MCIS tours, as used on Geek USA, Hummer, Quiet, and others. So exclusively the golden era. There is a small chance that this was actually used on tour, at the band's peak.
I like your reasoning and am inclined to agree. But I do seem to think he had one in his recording set up for Zeitgeist also...



Good purchase though I reckon at a bargain price - for sure.

 
jimmy drevpile is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:41 PM   #49
amoergosum
Apocalyptic Poster
 
amoergosum's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,888
Default



 
amoergosum is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:50 PM   #50
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: mayfair mistress of the satellites
Posts: 5,618
Default

this is actually super cool


 
Ram27 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:10 PM   #51
Run To Me
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Run To Me's Avatar
 
Location: Where the frog spoils the leaf
Posts: 3,573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
I'm actually pretty happy with my meager acquisition -->



$35 is a good deal for one of those anyway, and I've been lowkey meaning to get one for a while. Even better deal since it's a good quality one. And since it was owned by Jimmy

Here's where it gets (potentially) really exciting: the only times Jimmy had an extra hihat in his setup were during the SD and MCIS tours, as used on Geek USA, Hummer, Quiet, and others. So exclusively the golden era. There is a small chance that this was actually used on tour, at the band's peak:

Congrats

Also, I love how your photoshop is subtly suggestive of your jimmy-loving, engorged phallus soaring ever upwards

 
Run To Me is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:19 PM   #52
myosis
Minion of Satan
 
myosis's Avatar
 
Location: the institute
Posts: 5,078
Default

looks more like jimmy is shooting up. which he was at the time

 
myosis is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:58 PM   #53
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Location: vortex of lost souls
Posts: 1,338
Default

If you get it working, please post some info on the presets & raw clips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade View Post
I was able to snag the Alesis SR-16

I've had this same model Alesis since I was about 14, never knew SP used it until today so I had to get it.. I've fixed more complicated electronics than this, and the seller confirmed with me that the unit powers on, so fingers crossed that I can get it working again without wiping out all the presets.

Might simply keep it as part of my collection.. I'm not a drummer so I couldn't justify dropping serious cash on this type of gear, not to mention even if I was there's just no way I could feel good about pounding away on the MCIS or Machina kits lol

The 'Big Muff' pedal he's selling is a good deal too, same price as buying one from another retailer.. Just might grab it as well if nobody else has by tonight.

 
New Art Rioter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:17 PM   #54
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: mayfair mistress of the satellites
Posts: 5,618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade View Post
I was able to snag the Alesis SR-16

I've had this same model Alesis since I was about 14, never knew SP used it until today so I had to get it.. I've fixed more complicated electronics than this, and the seller confirmed with me that the unit powers on, so fingers crossed that I can get it working again without wiping out all the presets.
Shit that's awesome. Best of luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade View Post
Might simply keep it as part of my collection.. I'm not a drummer so I couldn't justify dropping serious cash on this type of gear, not to mention even if I was there's just no way I could feel good about pounding away on the MCIS or Machina kits lol
Yeah I wonder what those rich people are going to do with the kits. Too important to play but too expensive to just sit there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade View Post
The 'Big Muff' pedal he's selling is a good deal too, same price as buying one from another retailer.. Just might grab it as well if nobody else has by tonight.
Yeah I was thinking that as well. There's a Small Stone pedal as well. Wonder if there's any sort of pumpkins history with those. They're both gone by now though, I think

 
Ram27 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:26 PM   #55
jimmy drevpile
Ownz
 
jimmy drevpile's Avatar
 
Location: themachinesomehow
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade View Post
I was able to snag the Alesis SR-16

..so fingers crossed that I can get it working again without wiping out all the presets...
Excellent.
Good luck indeed!

 
jimmy drevpile is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:40 PM   #56
russticles
Pledge
 
Posts: 85
Default



Good enough, I guess.

It was 4am here in Western Australia when I woke up and decided to check the store to find that it had already been live for 2hrs and I missed out on all the snare drums! ARGH! Can't believe how cheap some of them went for

PHX is still up for grabs though, so tempting.

 
russticles is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:05 PM   #57
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: mayfair mistress of the satellites
Posts: 5,618
Default

Huh


 
Ram27 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:13 PM   #58
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: mayfair mistress of the satellites
Posts: 5,618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by russticles View Post
It was 4am here in Western Australia when I woke up and decided to check the store to find that it had already been live for 2hrs and I missed out on all the snare drums! ARGH! Can't believe how cheap some of them went for
Yeah there were some amazing deals on stuff. Like even ignoring it's Jimmy C's stuff, they're very good prices.

I already have two or three snares I love; what I was looking for (in my fantasy where I'm rich) was iconicness and history: the Today snare, Cash Car snare, Machina kit. Similarly, I'm surprised the timpani didn't sell yet: pretty cool piece, MCIS era gig case, very iconic. But maybe I've just watched the Dusseldorf show too much.

Which is why I'm so weirdly happy with my hihat mount. That was on his kit for some amazing fucking gigs...Pinkpop, Dusseldorf, Metro record release shows, Brixton... Much more a piece of the Pumpkins than some random snare he used on some random side project. Those pieces of metal had some amazing sound waves wash over it. And it's now mine, for $35. Shit.

__________________

Similarly, I wish he had some of those JC badge kick drum heads for sale [not attached to a $15k drum kit]. As well as any cymbals at all. I'm looking for a new china anyway, and at these prices + Pumpkins relevance, it would've been a fucking steal.

 
Ram27 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:26 PM   #59
russticles
Pledge
 
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
Yeah there were some amazing deals on stuff. Like even ignoring it's Jimmy C's stuff, they're very good prices.

I already have two or three snares I love; what I was looking for (in my fantasy where I'm rich) was iconicness and history: the Today snare, Cash Car snare, Machina kit. Similarly, I'm surprised the timpani didn't sell yet: pretty cool piece, MCIS era gig case, very iconic. But maybe I've just watched the Dusseldorf show too much.

Which is why I'm so weirdly happy with my hihat mount. That was on his kit for some amazing fucking gigs...Pinkpop, Dusseldorf, Metro record release shows, Brixton... Much more a piece of the Pumpkins than some random snare he used on some random side project. Those pieces of metal had some amazing sound waves wash over it. And it's now mine, for $35. Shit.

__________________

Similarly, I wish he had some of those JC badge kick drum heads for sale [not attached to a $15k drum kit]. As well as any cymbals at all. I'm looking for a new china anyway, and at these prices + Pumpkins relevance, it would've been a fucking steal.
$35 is ridic, I saw that and was like "AW SHIT I WOULD'VE BOUGHT THAT" so congrats!

 
russticles is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:45 PM   #60
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster
 
crabshack's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,164
Default

I'm most stoked about dades drum machine purchase. If you can revive it and keep the presets, please record and post them all so we can all figure out what they were used for. Surely there is more than 1979.

 
crabshack is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why is sex so important to you guys all the time bardy General Chat Archive 48 12-23-2007 07:33 AM
Adore Survivor I xezton Pumpkins Archive 36 10-26-2007 01:50 AM
2007 Pisces Iscariot Reference Virex19 Pumpkins Archive 80 04-29-2007 05:01 AM
las mujeres dziesiatyluty General Chat Archive 3 02-13-2007 03:21 AM
$39 experiment beef curtains General Chat Archive 30 03-10-2006 04:46 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2014