Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2017, 06:11 PM   #31
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

wow you haven't killed yourself accidentally yet? this truly is the darkest timeline

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:24 PM   #32
scottytheoneand
Shut the fuck up!
 
scottytheoneand's Avatar
 
Location: "You are the poster child for an uninformed brainwashed American" -OmegaConcern
Posts: 19,856
Default


 
scottytheoneand is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:37 PM   #33
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

is fuzzy doing stand up now that piss brains or whatever his band was called didn't work out

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:49 PM   #34
Elphenor
Socialphobic
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Swamp Dance Party
Posts: 12,664
Default

You actually missed some gold regarding that picture

 
Elphenor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:06 PM   #35
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 13,697
Default

Check out this... After only like a month of taking part in an NBA contest of 10 000 people I've already almost cracked the top 100



NBA 2016-2017

Top Consensus
No Consensus Data is available.

Play for free for a chance to win $100,000!

Rank Member W-L-T % Units Profile Status
1 Smalltime808 377-293-10 56.27% +27680 View Pending
2 yawnef 382-303-10 55.77% +24350 View Pending
3 BGDADDYMOOSE39 388-316-19 55.11% +20200 View Pending
4 jwheels 187-135-6 58.07% ***9250 View Pending
5 LondonDime 432-360-13 54.55% ***8000 View Pending
6 junko25 269-212-14 55.93% ***7900 View Pending
7 chuckywho 257-202-14 55.99% ***6090 View Pending
8 DrobfromNJ 873-746-27 53.92% ***5280 View
9 jduewiger45 521-447-24 53.82% ***4650 View Pending
10 tuanycoolio 331-275-11 54.62% ***4250 View
114 Fuzzrod 78-60-0 56.52% +6180 View Pending

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:07 PM   #36
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 13,697
Default

notice how out of the top 10 only 1 guy has a higher percentage rate of picking winners than me?

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:10 PM   #37
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

you win less than the spurs do

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:12 PM   #38
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 13,697
Default

Spurs are a great team, not gonna lie. I'm jealous that you're able to go easily watch that shit in person.

I gotta drive like 6 hours to Portland to watch my nearest game in person.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:13 PM   #39
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 13,697
Default

Who do you thinks gonna win the championship this year man?

I've actually really been liking what I've been seeing out of the Celtics. I think they might be a darkhorse team this year.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:15 PM   #40
scottytheoneand
Shut the fuck up!
 
scottytheoneand's Avatar
 
Location: "You are the poster child for an uninformed brainwashed American" -OmegaConcern
Posts: 19,856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
notice how out of the top 10 only 1 guy has a higher percentage rate of picking winners than me?
do you realize that if you flipped a coin you'd be at 50 percent. you're barely better than random chance.

How many out of ten thousand are below 50? worse than flipping a coin

 
scottytheoneand is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:16 PM   #41
scottytheoneand
Shut the fuck up!
 
scottytheoneand's Avatar
 
Location: "You are the poster child for an uninformed brainwashed American" -OmegaConcern
Posts: 19,856
Default

degenerate fucking gamblers

 
scottytheoneand is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:17 PM   #42
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

your resentful liberalism remains unchanged as ever

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:18 PM   #43
scottytheoneand
Shut the fuck up!
 
scottytheoneand's Avatar
 
Location: "You are the poster child for an uninformed brainwashed American" -OmegaConcern
Posts: 19,856
Default

LOL

 
scottytheoneand is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:54 PM   #44
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 13,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
do you realize that if you flipped a coin you'd be at 50 percent. you're barely better than random chance.

How many out of ten thousand are below 50? worse than flipping a coin
That's the thing. In sports gambling, you can make a rich, doctor life style if you can hit at 60=65%.

And with gambling there's A HUGE difference from 50 percent to 55 percent... In fact if you'd look at this contest, there's a TON of contestants who are well in the minuses.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:56 PM   #45
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 13,697
Default

Fuck yeah... Just won a shit load of money by betting on Miami and Milwaukee tonight...

Even better yet, and for proof that I'm not bullshitting to you guys:

My rank in the contest has sky-rocketed up.

I've now cracked the top 100



NBA 2016-2017

Top Consensus
Washington
71 %
Golden State 68 %
Boston 68 %
Oklahoma City 65 %
Atlanta 58 %
New Orleans 52 %
Do you agree
with the consensus?

Play for free. Pick the winners.
Prove yourself in Covers Contests.
Make Picks
Overall Standings

Regular Season
Playoffs

Rank Member W-L-T % Units Profile Status
1 Smalltime808 379-295-10 56.23% +27640 View Pending
2 yawnef 382-304-10 55.69% +23800 View Pending
3 BGDADDYMOOSE39 389-318-19 55.02% ***9600 View Pending
4 jwheels 188-137-6 57.85% ***8650 View Pending
5 LondonDime 433-360-13 54.60% ***8500 View Pending
6 junko25 269-212-14 55.93% ***7900 View Pending
7 DrobfromNJ 873-746-27 53.92% ***5280 View
8 chuckywho 258-205-14 55.72% ***4940 View Pending
9 Onye 776-676-21 53.44% ***4610 View Pending
10 tuanycoolio 331-275-11 54.62% ***4250 View
86 Fuzzrod 81-61-0 57.04% +7160 View

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:56 PM   #46
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

rich doctor life style

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:57 PM   #47
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 13,697
Default

You guys can check out Fuzzrod on Covers.com to validate that I'm not bullshitting either.

Disco King was making fun of me for making 16 dollars an hour, but the truth is, I'm making more money betting on the NBA than I am at my job right now.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:47 PM   #48
FoolofaTook
Socialphobic
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: The Walla Wallaean Vale
Posts: 13,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Check out this... After only like a month of taking part in an NBA contest of 10 000 people I've already almost cracked the top 100



NBA 2016-2017

Top Consensus
No Consensus Data is available.

Play for free for a chance to win $100,000!

Rank Member W-L-T % Units Profile Status
1 Smalltime808 377-293-10 56.27% +27680 View Pending
2 yawnef 382-303-10 55.77% +24350 View Pending
3 BGDADDYMOOSE39 388-316-19 55.11% +20200 View Pending
4 jwheels 187-135-6 58.07% ***9250 View Pending
5 LondonDime 432-360-13 54.55% ***8000 View Pending
6 junko25 269-212-14 55.93% ***7900 View Pending
7 chuckywho 257-202-14 55.99% ***6090 View Pending
8 DrobfromNJ 873-746-27 53.92% ***5280 View
9 jduewiger45 521-447-24 53.82% ***4650 View Pending
10 tuanycoolio 331-275-11 54.62% ***4250 View
114 Fuzzrod 78-60-0 56.52% +6180 View Pending

5. LondonDime = larkin London?!?

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:49 PM   #49
FoolofaTook
Socialphobic
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: The Walla Wallaean Vale
Posts: 13,803
Default

IS DAT U LARKIN LONDON

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:57 PM   #50
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 13,697
Default

LMAO *in real life*

no no no, no Larkin London. But he's actually quite a good musician. And it would be more punk and more edgy if Billy hired him to play bass rather than another set of tits and cute smile.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:36 AM   #51
The Omega Concern
Minion of Satan
 
The Omega Concern's Avatar
 
Location: stay, far, away
Posts: 8,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
wow you haven't killed yourself accidentally yet? this truly is the darkest timeline


ay, welcome back. Here, let me pitch in to make you feel at home again.


I'll be like, "Fuck you Trots. you Commie."


and then you might say, "wow you haven't killed yourself accidentally yet? this truly is the darkest timeline."


wait, you just used that one.


"I see you've misplaced your thorazine. btw, you still need help."


and I'll be like...


"Dubs picked up Matt Barnes, nice to have a bad boy on the team along with Day-day."


"yah, but without K.D. your Warriors are sunk."


"ya, maybe so. Either way, here's hoping they avoid the Spurs for the 3rd playoffs in a row. Woo-hoo!!!"


:/

























Last edited by The Omega Concern : 03-05-2017 at 12:53 AM.

 
The Omega Concern is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:37 AM   #52
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

matt barnes is facing assault charges so it would make sense you'd be excited about him

oh hey look the justice system works http://deadspin.com/judge-agrees-to-...unt-1792975616

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:56 AM   #53
The Omega Concern
Minion of Satan
 
The Omega Concern's Avatar
 
Location: stay, far, away
Posts: 8,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Fuck yeah... Just won a shit load of money by betting on Miami and Milwaukee tonight...

Even better yet, and for proof that I'm not bullshitting to you guys:

My rank in the contest has sky-rocketed up.

I've now cracked the top 100



NBA 2016-2017

Top Consensus
Washington
71 %
Golden State 68 %
Boston 68 %
Oklahoma City 65 %
Atlanta 58 %
New Orleans 52 %
Do you agree
with the consensus?

Play for free. Pick the winners.
Prove yourself in Covers Contests.
Make Picks
Overall Standings

Regular Season
Playoffs

Rank Member W-L-T % Units Profile Status
1 Smalltime808 379-295-10 56.23% +27640 View Pending
2 yawnef 382-304-10 55.69% +23800 View Pending
3 BGDADDYMOOSE39 389-318-19 55.02% ***9600 View Pending
4 jwheels 188-137-6 57.85% ***8650 View Pending
5 LondonDime 433-360-13 54.60% ***8500 View Pending
6 junko25 269-212-14 55.93% ***7900 View Pending
7 DrobfromNJ 873-746-27 53.92% ***5280 View
8 chuckywho 258-205-14 55.72% ***4940 View Pending
9 Onye 776-676-21 53.44% ***4610 View Pending
10 tuanycoolio 331-275-11 54.62% ***4250 View
86 Fuzzrod 81-61-0 57.04% +7160 View



Interesting rankings. Some type of aggregate formula? looks like you have the 2nd highest percentage among the top ten, though with not as many wagers.

 
The Omega Concern is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:03 AM   #54
The Omega Concern
Minion of Satan
 
The Omega Concern's Avatar
 
Location: stay, far, away
Posts: 8,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
matt barnes is facing assault charges so it would make sense you'd be excited about him

oh hey look the justice system works http://deadspin.com/judge-agrees-to-...unt-1792975616


pfft...I bet that lady he choked was about to taze him. As it is, who the hell wants to get up on Matt Barnes when he's hanging with Demarcus 6'11" 280lbs Cousins. Some crazy ass New Yorker for sure.

 
The Omega Concern is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:03 AM   #55
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

so you're ok with having a guy who chokes women on your team then?

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:19 AM   #56
The Omega Concern
Minion of Satan
 
The Omega Concern's Avatar
 
Location: stay, far, away
Posts: 8,361
Default

Let him have his day in court. I've seen a woman pull out a tazer before in a situation that got heated and only escalated things as a result.

But I'd guess she was sizing Barnes up in another manner and her man didn't like it. So he went up to Barnes like, 'wut-wut' with his lady and why you lookin at her and Barnes says, "Shit. She been looking at me since I walked in, why don't you handle your business before you lose it." And it's on, bar fight with a woman.

I don't know why Barnes or other NBA players even going out to bars, but whatev.

Last edited by The Omega Concern : 03-05-2017 at 01:34 AM.

 
The Omega Concern is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:10 PM   #57
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 13,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
Interesting rankings. Some type of aggregate formula? looks like you have the 2nd highest percentage among the top ten, though with not as many wagers.
Yeah, essentially you can wager anywhere from 100-500 "imaginary" dollars on each outcome and each over/under. So a percentage could not really be all that important if you're nailing all the games you bet 500 on and losing the smaller bets.

The prize pool isn't that great for the contest though but it's more about bragging rights for a lot of the people in that community. The prizes are:

1st $3500
2nd $1500
3rd $500
4th - 20th Hoodie
21st - 30th Hat & $30 Covers Experts Credit
31st - 40th Mug & $30 Covers Experts Credit
41st - 100th $30 Covers Experts Credit
Weekly Prize $100 Cash & $30 CE Credit

I think If I actually tried from the start that I'd be able to snag one of the cash prizes though. At this point I'm just hoping to snag one of those hats or hoodies. They are surprisingly very high quality apparel and in the Vegas ranks are kinda worn as something of a badge of honor.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:12 PM   #58
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 13,697
Default

The best contest they have going on the website is the "Streak Survivor". That's where the majority of their funding goes, and quite a few people have won a shitload of money on it.

You essentially have to successfully bet a certain number of games in a row (but for hockey and MLB you're only able to pick the games that are between + 120 to -120 odds-so as that you can't just rack up the easy picks that don't pay much), and the higher you get the better the prizes. The highest I've managed is to different streaks of 7 in a row though

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:17 PM   #59
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 13,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
I don't know why Barnes or other NBA players even going out to bars, but whatev.
Yeah, it often never ends well. I've read a ton of sports biography's were these high-profile athletes are always getting into bullshit with people just trying to take advantage of them

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #60
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

it ends well most of the time because most ballers are grown ass men but matt barnes is a douchebag with nasty hair

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
netphorian haikus Dogfighter28 General Chat Archive 93 08-04-2013 09:53 AM
Kick-Ass was a far better movie than I expected Nimrod's Son General Chat Archive 45 06-14-2012 05:02 AM
2007 Pisces Iscariot Reference Virex19 Pumpkins Archive 80 04-29-2007 04:01 AM
the first GREAT pumpkins song... zmxncbv99 Pumpkins Archive 31 05-12-2006 12:27 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2014