Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > Politics Forum
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2016, 01:32 PM   #91
Poots
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
We can care for the intake we are currently taking

What's better is if we treat them like human beings and not weights, we can all profit from them
You mean profit OFF them, and then only the rich.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:36 PM   #92
Elphenor
Socialphobic

Yes to them making fair wages

Old 05-09-2016, 01:37 PM   #93
Elphenor
Socialphobic

Also free college

Old 05-09-2016, 01:38 PM   #94
Elphenor
Socialphobic

This is similar to the overpopulation myth where people are only seen as liabilities

People don't just consume they also produce.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:38 PM   #95
Poots
Minion of Satan

You realize that is not in the realm of fiscal reality, right?

Old 05-09-2016, 01:40 PM   #96
Poots
Minion of Satan

or reality reality

Old 05-09-2016, 02:09 PM   #97
Elphenor
Socialphobic

Not with our current tax code

But with the right one we'd all profit

Old 05-09-2016, 02:10 PM   #98
Poots
Minion of Satan

are you suggesting we raise taxes to care for illegal aliens?

Old 05-09-2016, 02:50 PM   #99
redbreegull
Immortal

FISCAL REALITY

Old 05-09-2016, 04:08 PM   #100
Poots
Minion of Satan

Are you going to make a point, or is this just your standard horse laugh intro to another illogical diatribe in defense of an untenable position?

Old 05-09-2016, 04:46 PM   #101
Elphenor
Socialphobic

I'm suggesting we make them legal and anyone else who wants to come here legal

We then raise taxes dramatically on the wealthiest Americans. 90% marginal on anything over 500k a year probably. Raise taxes on corporations, close loop holes that allow them to pay practically nothing.

Further taxation on wall street trading and speculation

A bit of a tax increase on the middle class because let's be realistic it's necessary.

Deep cuts to military spending

We then take that money and invest in our population. Education, healthcare, jobs, sustainable energy

Old 05-09-2016, 04:50 PM   #102
Elphenor
Socialphobic

Our smart healthy population goes to work and adds to the economy we all profit

Old 05-09-2016, 05:58 PM   #103
The Omega Concern
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
The religious left? I think it would involve all kinds of people.

The things Trump stands for and says he'll do will tear the country apart and change how the international community sees the country for the worse. Of course people react to that. He's not even a politician and has no vision for how his policies will have domino effects. Like bombing the shit out of the middle east, increasing torture, the stupid wall, deporting illegals, not allowing muslims in the country... how could Americans just let this shit go on? They can't, and they won't.

He called out the Bush family for lying about the Iraq war and how it wasted lives and money which would have been better spent elsewhere.

Increasing torture? I don't recall that statement specifically other than he said he would re-introduce water boarding, if that's what you mean.

At this point, he's to the left of Hillary on military action. Hillary is a devotee to the Neo-ConClan and her disaster that is the Arab Spring will only be replicated as often as it can if she's President.

I agree the wall is stupid. I just don't think its necessary. But as to deportations what part of the word "illegal" do you have a problem with?

A referendum on Muslim immigrants would create this domino effect: Trump will find out how the religion has been scapegoated and who really did 9/11 and round up the true culprits. Whether he follows through with all this to get this point remains to be seen, but he's the only politico who realistically has the gumption to do it.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:58 PM   #104
The Omega Concern
Minion of Satan

That said, did you see London has a muslim mayor now? First one ever in a major city of the western world. He also thinks moderate muslims are "Uncle Tom's" and obviously, the sharia law devoted muslims in london are just chomping at the bit to get their reign on.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:18 PM   #105
reprise85
Submortal

Location: Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but I am an amateur psychologist. And I think that your spontaneous eye-watering may have something to do with your father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
He called out the Bush family for lying about the Iraq war and how it wasted lives and money which would have been better spent elsewhere.

Increasing torture? I don't recall that statement specifically other than he said he would re-introduce water boarding, if that's what you mean.

At this point, he's to the left of Hillary on military action. Hillary is a devotee to the Neo-ConClan and her disaster that is the Arab Spring will only be replicated as often as it can if she's President.

I agree the wall is stupid. I just don't think its necessary. But as to deportations what part of the word "illegal" do you have a problem with?

A referendum on Muslim immigrants would create this domino effect: Trump will find out how the religion has been scapegoated and who really did 9/11 and round up the true culprits. Whether he follows through with all this to get this point remains to be seen, but he's the only politico who realistically has the gumption to do it.
He said he'd reintroduce waterboarding and 'go farther'. As for my issues with deporting illegals, I just had this convo with poots earlier today, in this thread. Regardless of the illegality of them staying in this country after visas expired or just coming illegally in the first place, it is both morally wrong and financially wasteful to deport them now. So they broke the law, yes, but there are other considerations to be made. Only children think the law should be followed to the letter out of principle. Adults take real life into consideration. I'm not going to go into more detail, if you want you can read the convo from earlier.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:44 PM   #106
Poots
Minion of Satan

Quote:
He said he'd reintroduce waterboarding and 'go farther'. As for my issues with deporting illegals, I just had this convo with poots earlier today, in this thread. Regardless of the illegality of them staying in this country after visas expired or just coming illegally in the first place, it is both morally wrong and financially wasteful to deport them now. So they broke the law, yes, but there are other considerations to be made. Only children think the law should be followed to the letter out of principle. Adults take real life into consideration. I'm not going to go into more detail, if you want you can read the convo from earlier.
No, following the letter of the law is actually what is supposed to happen in a nation under rule of law. If there is something wrong with the law, then you change the letter of the law, you don't set it aside out of convenience.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:44 PM   #107
Elphenor
Socialphobic

its a lot harder than that we're talking about people who don't exist in America as far as records go

An attempt to enforce the law absolutely ends up violating other laws

Old 05-09-2016, 08:48 PM   #108
Elphenor
Socialphobic

So not only is it immoral it's also like straight up impossible to do what Trump wants to do to illegals

Old 05-09-2016, 08:50 PM   #109
reprise85
Submortal

Location: Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but I am an amateur psychologist. And I think that your spontaneous eye-watering may have something to do with your father.

This is a unique situation and the law does need to be modified. 11 million people don't need to be deported for that to happen. They are here and assimilated. Document them and then move on with new laws, or enforcing laws differently. Deporting illegal immigrants in mass is a ridiculous and logistically impossible solution, even if it is technically what the law would have us do. I don't have anything else to say about this if we're just going to go in circles.

@Poots

Old 05-09-2016, 09:00 PM   #110
Poots
Minion of Satan

Quote:
its a lot harder than that we're talking about people who don't exist in America as far as records go

An attempt to enforce the law absolutely ends up violating other laws

I don't know what this means

Old 05-09-2016, 09:06 PM   #111
Poots
Minion of Satan

Quote:
This is a unique situation and the law does need to be modified. 11 million people don't need to be deported for that to happen. They are here and assimilated. Document them and then move on with new laws, or enforcing laws differently. Deporting illegal immigrants in mass is a ridiculous and logistically impossible solution, even if it is technically what the law would have us do. I don't have anything else to say about this if we're just going to go in circles.

@Poots
It is certainly not impossible nor ridiculous to deport 11 million people. If we do not respect our own immigration laws, why should Mexico? Enforce the law or change it. But changing it to allow unfettered immigration, then as Elpfinor says, give them $17 dollar minimum wage, free college, etc. at the expense of the middle class tax payer is simply idiotic.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:07 PM   #112
Elphenor
Socialphobic

How do you single out illegals on a massive scale without infringing on the rights of legals

Old 05-09-2016, 09:08 PM   #113
Elphenor
Socialphobic

You are super dense

Old 05-09-2016, 09:10 PM   #114
Poots
Minion of Satan

How would deporting illegal aliens infringe on the rights of legal residents or citizens?

Old 05-09-2016, 09:12 PM   #115
Elphenor
Socialphobic

"at the expense of the middle class"

If they are legal they become tax payers like everyone, it's not at our expense, goddamn I give the fuck up

Old 05-09-2016, 09:14 PM   #116
Elphenor
Socialphobic

You are talking about a witch hunt on a massive scale

This is why it hasn't already been done. You want gov agents asking for your papers everywhere you go

Old 05-09-2016, 09:17 PM   #117
Poots
Minion of Satan

Quote:
"at the expense of the middle class"

If they are legal they become tax payers like everyone, it's not at our expense, goddamn I give the fuck up
Poor people don't pay taxes. You should know that. Illegal immigrants are poor, if you didn't notice.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:21 PM   #118
Poots
Minion of Satan

Quote:
You are talking about a witch hunt on a massive scale

This is why it hasn't already been done. You want gov agents asking for your papers everywhere you go
Why did you create a ridiculous strawman and try to get me to defend it? "witch hunt on a massive scale", "gov agents asking for your papers everywhere you go" What a bizarre set of circumstances. No thank you, I'll stick to my own claims instead of letting you pick them out for me.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:28 PM   #119
Elphenor
Socialphobic

How
Do
You
Find
All
The
Illegals

Old 05-09-2016, 09:30 PM   #120
Elphenor
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
Poor people don't pay taxes. You should know that. Illegal immigrants are poor, if you didn't notice.
When you provide people with opportunity they become the middle class