Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > Music News and Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2015, 01:39 PM   #121
bye june
Ownz

lol good one but no it's a nice guitar that I put some money into last year...plus it's my dad's and it was the first electric guitar I ever played. I want to start playing it again but I need that piece.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:53 PM   #122
slunken
Virgo

Have you tried the internet

Old 02-13-2015, 03:34 PM   #123
slunken
Virgo

Default i want to complain

Just kind of posting out loud for a second but J.H.C. I have been looking for a pedal board and flight case combo for forever.

I need one that is no larger than 31.5 inches long (exterior) but it needs to be at least 28" long (interior). I want the kind where the bottom lid is the bottom of the board, but i also need a riser to house a power supply (voodoo labs 4x4 is less than 2" tall and the width of about two pedals) underneath.

Pedaltrain doesn't make my size, Trailer Trash is too expensive/complex. I found a bunch of great cheap ones (under 100) that is just a cheap flight case that uses the bottom (the smaller) lid as the pedal board but i would have to find one that has enough height clearance for me to add a small riser to to either the whole bottom layer or just a partial layer to house the power supply underneath.

i'm only seeing options of 5-6" high. that might not be enough, whereas the pt-pro with ata case is about 9" high.

here are the cheapies i was looking at - http://hybridcases.com/09/ http://www.rondomusic.com/product7519.html http://www.rondomusic.com/product7515.html

for the $$$ I would really like to make one of those work even if i had to make a riser of some kind. but if pedaltrain made a 28" model i would have bought it years ago.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:38 PM   #124
Poots
Minion of Satan

Why don't you just make your own pedal board? I've done it before and it's really cheap. Just get some shit at Home Depot and spray paint it black and it will be just like you want it.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:41 PM   #125
slunken
Virgo

because i want an ata case for it. it's not so much the board at this point, it's the housing.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:45 PM   #126
Poots
Minion of Satan

Yeah, those are not going to be cheap. I've made those too, and the parts are pretty expensive by themselves. Eat rice and beans for a month and have one custom made to your specifications.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:51 PM   #127
slunken
Virgo

i'm just going to have to spring for a trailer trash

Old 02-13-2015, 07:53 PM   #128
Poots
Minion of Satan

Every time I've went the budget route I've been disappointed in the long run. If I buy the best, I'm paralyzed by buyer's remorse for a week or two, but eventually I'm glad I did. Remember: if you have more expensive stuff, you'll be a better artist.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:04 PM   #129
slunken
Virgo

my problem hasn't been the money necessarily i just find it hard to believe that only one company makes what i need. there have to be alternatives for a 28" rising board.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:12 PM   #130
slunken
Virgo

i would much rather have a slatted surface instead of drilling my own holes and etc

Old 02-13-2015, 09:14 PM   #131
noyen
Immortal

I lost my bid on the jag hh always some asshole sitting there the last three seconds. Maybe I'll go the build route. white people problems.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:20 PM   #132
ButtHash
Pledge

Bought me a Roland JC-77 last weekend. The chorus sounds so pretty. Throw a reverb and delay pedal in and you're set. I used to have a Boss CE-2 pedal which sounded amazing but I had to sell it (apparently it's not easy to find, I found it at goodwill for $3). Anyway this amp's chorus sounds as good as that pedal, which makes sense.

Gotta get a good, cheap distortion pedal though. Ideas?

Old 02-13-2015, 10:37 PM   #133
noyen
Immortal

rat or rat clone. the big muff. standard distortion. They aren't expensive. good and cheap don't exist much in the pedal world. And I build them myself and they cost a fair amount of money and labor, even doing it as cheap as possible. danelectro has lots of cheap pedals. boss has a few good ones (lots actually)

Old 02-13-2015, 10:59 PM   #134
Poots
Minion of Satan

you can't beat a rat for live work. I like muffs for recording. You can drop some serious coin on some klon bullshit but a $40 boss super overdrive will do the same thing. I fucking love distortion pedals.

Old 02-14-2015, 02:37 AM   #135
teh b0lly!!1
Socialphobic

does nobody here use Guitar Rig or Revalver?
you can get some crazy tones from those things

Old 02-14-2015, 02:39 AM   #136
teh b0lly!!1
Socialphobic

i was considering letting the fractal axefx get to me but then i figured it can't do much better than what i'm getting with those two programs

Old 02-15-2015, 01:36 PM   #137
slunken
Virgo

this power supply is amazing. i can plug my entire board into it and everything is dead quiet. i had 7-8 pedals powered by wall warts going into one of those heavy duty power supplies and had the thing maxed out.

now i only need two spots for the entire rig. amp and power supply.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:00 PM   #138
Poots
Minion of Satan

Has anyone tried the Black Arts Toneworks "Pharaoh Fuzz"? It seems awesome, like a Muff for live work. Not too expensive either among boutique fuzzes.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:39 PM   #139
brutechinasky
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
does nobody here use Guitar Rig or Revalver?
i use GR5, but i'm so lazy i pretty much use only the presets

Old 03-04-2015, 12:59 PM   #140
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

I use Guitar Rig and Amplitube.

I found no preset satisfactory on either so made my own but i kinda hate dealing with that sort of shit so i pretty much made one or two setting i like and keep with it.

Well i started with presets that i modified. Like the one i mainly use was originally APPARENTLY supposed to sound like Andy Summers in The Police. they called it like message in a bottle or something. But i modified it a bunch.

I tried the Edge one being a big fan of U2's 80's sound and it sounded nothing like the edge to me. Maybe you have to have the proper guitar too....

Old 03-04-2015, 01:57 PM   #141
slunken
Virgo

i have a LINE 6 POD2 that i rarely use. they're fun to mess around with in a pinch and i would travel with it and a mini-amp but its too tempting to use a completely different sound for every recording. i prefer to work within a tighter set of parameters. i realized 95% of the time i used it, i was basically just trying to recreate the sounds of my main rig.

Old 03-05-2015, 05:24 PM   #142
slunken
Virgo

found this old band photo

Old 03-05-2015, 06:03 PM   #143
LaBelle
Minion of Satan

did he hit those purrfect notes?

Old 03-06-2015, 01:33 PM   #144
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

maybe not the right place to ask (i men maybe i should go on pro forums) but...anyone ever had any issue with a truss rod that WONT budge?

I've been having real issues with my Squier Strat. It won't keep in tune past the like 7th fret or so. I figure a truss rod adjustment might be in order. Thing won't budge either left or right....

Old 03-06-2015, 04:26 PM   #145
Poots
Minion of Satan

I've heard of this but I've never dealt with it. I think it could mean that the rod is at the end of it's adjustment, either one way or another. It could also be that the wood has shrunk now that it's winter (you do live in Canada right?) and is grasping the russ rod, preventing movement. It could mean that the allen screw or nut or screw or whatever is just not well oiled after years of sitting there with no adjustment. Finally, the only other thing I could think of would be that since it's a Squire the truss rod is kind of shitty and not easy to turn.

I'd address the above problems before I'd go forcing it though. I've heard you can really fuck the neck up.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:41 AM   #146
slunken
Virgo

you're supposed to adjust less than 1/4 turn each day so if you can't get even that i would take it somewhere

if you go cranking on that thing you will crack the neck no problem

Old 03-09-2015, 12:05 PM   #147
Poots
Minion of Satan

If you decide to force the truss rod, could you please film it for us? One camera on the guitar as you force it, and another on your face so we can get your reaction when the truss rod shoots up through the fret board.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:13 PM   #148
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

I did manage to budge it in the end. I did two quarter turns so far, waited a day between each for the neck to adjust. Haven't tried it yet today but if it doesn't fix the problem i'm not touching it more than this. It seems to be mainly the g string though which is weird, you'd think all the strings would be affected equally if it was the neck....

Old 03-09-2015, 12:26 PM   #149
Poots
Minion of Satan

It could be some unlevel frets. Take a hammer and start beating the fretboard until it plays better.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:48 PM   #150
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Good idea.

But the thing see is i didnt have a problem with it until this winter. I'm sure dryness has had something to do with it. Wonder if it'll fix itself come spring or summer.