Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #31
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship
 
Nimrod's Son's Avatar
 
Location: in your butt
Posts: 72,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
the sad thing is that i think you actually believe this.
That the athletes who aren't good enough to play other sports usually play soccer in high school? You're damn right I do.

 
Nimrod's Son is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:18 PM   #32
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship
 
Nimrod's Son's Avatar
 
Location: in your butt
Posts: 72,971
Default

The reason soccer is the world's most popular sport is because poor countries play it due to the fact that you can play it with palm tree goal posts and a coconut ball

 
Nimrod's Son is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:32 PM   #33
Tchocky
Minion of Satan
 
Tchocky's Avatar
 
Location: Wher I en nd yu begn
Posts: 6,886
Default

Mariner FTW.

 
Tchocky is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:21 AM   #34
Mo
Immortal
 
Location: Vienna
Posts: 20,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
The reason soccer is the world's most popular sport is because poor countries play it due to the fact that you can play it with palm tree goal posts and a coconut ball
Yeah.... and how is that a bad thing, you cocky fuck?

 
Mo is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:09 AM   #35
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship
 
Nimrod's Son's Avatar
 
Location: in your butt
Posts: 72,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antipop View Post
Yeah.... and how is that a bad thing, you cocky fuck?
The only reason it's popular is because poor nations can play it, not because of any merit whatsoever

 
Nimrod's Son is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:50 AM   #36
Mayfuck
Banned
 
Location: i'm from japan also hollywood
Posts: 57,842
Default

how does this get printed a mainstream newspaper

oh.

 
Mayfuck is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:52 AM   #37
Mayfuck
Banned
 
Location: i'm from japan also hollywood
Posts: 57,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
The only reason it's popular is because poor nations can play it, not because of any merit whatsoever
go get fired for posting.

 
Mayfuck is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:40 AM   #38
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
That the athletes who aren't good enough to play other sports usually play soccer in high school? You're damn right I do.
honestly i think this could be the result of a generational gap. this is most assuredly not the case anymore.

and uh, most good athletes generally play more than one sport in high school anyway. so i'm not sure what you're getting at. i had really good basketball players, runners, baseball players, and an all state high jumper on my soccer team.

 
Eulogy is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:41 AM   #39
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,276
Default

this is making me want to play. guh.

 
Eulogy is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:23 AM   #40
Mayfuck
Banned
 
Location: i'm from japan also hollywood
Posts: 57,842
Default

you down for some soccer practice, eulogy?

 
Mayfuck is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:37 AM   #41
Banana
Banned
 
Banana's Avatar
 
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
soccer is anything but boring. wtf?
LOL

soccer is boring as fuck

 
Banana is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #42
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will
 
sppunk's Avatar
 
Location: Fenway Park
Posts: 37,022
Default

Soccer at a high level is not boring at all.

 
sppunk is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #43
hnibos
Socialphobic
 
hnibos's Avatar
 
Location: I was just reading, right?
Posts: 14,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana View Post
LOL

soccer is boring as fuck
have you ever bothered watching the world cup?

also, i hope nimrod gets shot in the balls. today.

 
hnibos is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #44
pale blue eyes
sproutsy
 
Location: :/
Posts: 15,085
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
That the athletes who aren't good enough to play other sports usually play soccer in high school? You're damn right I do.
Well, you're wrong.

 
pale blue eyes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #45
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship
 
Nimrod's Son's Avatar
 
Location: in your butt
Posts: 72,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale blue eyes View Post
Well, you're wrong.
I should have specified the male athletes.

 
Nimrod's Son is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:46 AM   #46
mxzombie
Braindead
 
mxzombie's Avatar
 
Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.
Posts: 15,402
Default

athletes who aren't good enough at football may play soccer instead. (for example)

this is stupid.

 
mxzombie is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:52 AM   #47
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship
 
Nimrod's Son's Avatar
 
Location: in your butt
Posts: 72,971
Default

well of course the best athletes play football.

 
Nimrod's Son is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #48
hnibos
Socialphobic
 
hnibos's Avatar
 
Location: I was just reading, right?
Posts: 14,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
well of course the best athletes play football.
just in this country.

 
hnibos is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:01 PM   #49
stripes
Apocalyptic Poster
 
stripes's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,156
Default

what

 
stripes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:05 PM   #50
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship
 
Nimrod's Son's Avatar
 
Location: in your butt
Posts: 72,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
just in this country.
well yeah, which is why this thread says "America" in the title. Also most other countries don't play American Football.

Can you imagine how good the US would be at soccer if we had our best athletes playing it?

 
Nimrod's Son is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:17 PM   #51
Kahlo
RIP Monte
 
Kahlo's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,880
Default

Still not as good as Brazil

 
Kahlo is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #52
hnibos
Socialphobic
 
hnibos's Avatar
 
Location: I was just reading, right?
Posts: 14,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
well yeah, which is why this thread says "America" in the title. Also most other countries don't play American Football.

Can you imagine how good the US would be at soccer if we had our best athletes playing it?
that would be awesome. randy moss > theirry henry. Lebron james > Zidane. Dwayne Wade > C. Ronaldo

 
hnibos is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #53
hnibos
Socialphobic
 
hnibos's Avatar
 
Location: I was just reading, right?
Posts: 14,964
Default

those athletes could make just as much money. hm, what a shame

 
hnibos is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:36 PM   #54
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
well of course the best athletes play football.
on a nationwide level, the best athletes probably are playing basketball. not football.

but it is certainly not the case everywhere that the good athletes play football and the bad ones play soccer. you have such a narrow minded view of the world. it almost makes me sad for you.

 
Eulogy is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #55
hnibos
Socialphobic
 
hnibos's Avatar
 
Location: I was just reading, right?
Posts: 14,964
Default

keyword: almost

 
hnibos is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #56
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

what a stupid fucking thread

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #57
Debaser
ghost
 
Debaser's Avatar
 
Location: @SactoMacto
Posts: 12,203
Default

i enjoyed mariner's fisking of the op

 
Debaser is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #58
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

yeah but it's always the same in this kind of stuff. I mean the original article is so outrageously stupid there's nothing you can really say about it beyond, "Goodness, what a huge pile of arse-gravy."

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #59
Debaser
ghost
 
Debaser's Avatar
 
Location: @SactoMacto
Posts: 12,203
Default

arse-gravy just paints a wonderful mental picture

 
Debaser is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #60
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

I stole it from Stephen Fry but he was talking about The Da Vinci Code.

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obama willing to invade Pakistan in al-Qaeda hunt ChrisChiasson General Chat Archive 106 05-19-2011 06:50 PM
The Democratic National Convention: THE THREAD ravenguy2000 General Chat Archive 214 09-03-2008 01:34 PM
2007 Pisces Iscariot Reference Virex19 Pumpkins Archive 80 04-29-2007 04:01 AM
Wikipedia neopryn General Chat Archive 21 01-16-2007 07:59 PM
Barcelona V.S. América Irridescent Fairysex General Chat Archive 22 12-14-2006 07:27 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2014