Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2017, 10:04 PM   #6811
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Ownz
 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT's Avatar
 
Location: Greater Anabaptist Rakefighter Kingdom
Posts: 930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
all you can do, like a proper liberal college student, is reject my analysis as false because i haven't sited a half dozen old dead white guys to prove my point
you are making a subjective argument, which is actually entirely subjective and philosophical and based on no evidence, and then attacking others for making subjective arguments.

I think what you mean to say is "I'm just right and you are wrong and I can't explain why, I just KNOW it."

not an interesting argument at this point, but it was good sparring while it teh lasted

 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:07 PM   #6812
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

Quote:
It seems insane to me that you think accepting capitalism is better than what came before and also seeing the inherent flaws in capitalism are mutually exclusive. this is not black and white, again you are too smart to think like this
this is so insulting you have no idea

i'm "too smart" to reject the status quo thinking of "capitalism is better than what came before"

its so fucking impossible for people reject subjective qualifiers for historical change that they're ready to call you stupid for it. story of my life. think out side the box, be told you're stupid. you got it, you keep readin that third way crap and telling me about how wonderful capitalist society is compared to feudalism i'm sure it means something to you for some reason.

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:10 PM   #6813
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESUSNEEDSAHIT View Post
you are making a subjective argument
i really don't think saying to reject subjective qualifiers like "now is better than then" when interpreting history is a "subjective argument" i think its a theory argument

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:12 PM   #6814
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESUSNEEDSAHIT View Post
then attacking others for making subjective arguments.lasted
the only people attacking anyone is y'all because you can't deal with me disagreeing with your subjective interpretation of the arc of history and i said that it is primarily an argument that springs from late stage liberal capitalist philosophers like fukuyama in the service of defending the status quo as the end of history and the sum total of human understanding

i'm just here defending my philosophical point which i think is logical and respectable but you're telling me I'm "too smart" to think it and reprise is saying shitty things to me about how i didn't even "prove" my point which is missing the point entirely.

i'm not arguing history was worse or better i'm telling you not to use that kind of thinking when considering history, how do i fucking "prove" that with "statistics"?

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:17 PM   #6815
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

you know its honestly kind of like when homer says that america has the greatest health care system in the world, and marge is incredulous and he says "WELL YOU BETTER THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS YOU DON'T LIVE IN PARAGUAY" thats how i feel about this argument, and i'm marge.

further literally not a one of you has even bothered to address the issues about the liberal capitalist impact on the planet or the western nuclear hegemony creating and forcing peace under white supremacy. thats because it breaks this dumb analysis.

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:18 PM   #6816
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Ownz
 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT's Avatar
 
Location: Greater Anabaptist Rakefighter Kingdom
Posts: 930
Default

I never had a professor who treated fukuyama as anything but a joke, not sure how long ago you were in school

 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:19 PM   #6817
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Ownz
 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT's Avatar
 
Location: Greater Anabaptist Rakefighter Kingdom
Posts: 930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
further literally not a one of you has even bothered to address the issues about the liberal capitalist impact on the planet or the western nuclear hegemony creating and forcing peace under white supremacy. thats because it breaks this dumb analysis.
nvmd it's obviously not worth it. you move goal posts fasrter than I can type English

 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:19 PM   #6818
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

well i don't know any history professor that treated subjective comparative history as anything but a joke also

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:19 PM   #6819
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESUSNEEDSAHIT View Post
nvmd it's obviously not worth it. you move goal posts fasrter than I can type English
this is how liberals quit arguments they can't understand or win

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:21 PM   #6820
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESUSNEEDSAHIT
you have always this complex you think you exist outside the spheres of liberal academia, but everything you are is that. you are the onyl one here who sounds like a freshman studying polisci home from his first semester lecturing his family atdinner
why are you leaving this contemptuous liberal losing an argument gem on my rep page when you should let everyone see how condescending you get when someone criticizes your deeply held "factual" beliefs

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:22 PM   #6821
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

like you could have just been like "i don't agree with trotsky but i can see why he thinks that way" no you have to remind me that i'm stupid & undeducated, compared to you, mr. liberal fantastic man

liberalism is not about equality its about hierarchy based on "merit" as defined by the liberals, and it always has been.

thats why they get completely contemptuous to anyone challenging their view of the world, even if it comes from the far left

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:22 PM   #6822
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Ownz
 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT's Avatar
 
Location: Greater Anabaptist Rakefighter Kingdom
Posts: 930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
this is how liberals quit arguments they can't understand or win
no one can win an argument against you because you are a massive troll

that is not to say I don't like you because generally I do, but you are certainly a huge troll and you don't argue in a logical way you just troll your opponents until they get tired. you change your argument back and forth from post to post, always getting at that there is some higher truth we just aren't getting but that you can't also quite articulate

 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:23 PM   #6823
reprise85
Submortal
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but I am an amateur psychologist. And I think that your spontaneous eye-watering may have something to do with your father.
Posts: 27,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
you mean you're using second hand statistics you found in the end of history & the last man by fukuyama or some liberal capitalist trash just like it that apparently uses "data" to justify that world war 2 was less deadly than ceasar's campaigns against the gauls because of the "world population" lmao ok

fucking liberals are so shameless
Actually the book is mostly about different forms of violence and the relative decline or increase in them (genocide, terrorism, homicide, and yes war) and the reasons why they have declined or increased, including statistical models partially. A lot of it is about traits e.g. empathy. For example, the author (and others) think that the development of the printing press and the proliferation of novels had something to do with the expanding of empathy to ******* those not in our immediate families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
FALSE
FALSE
FALSE
FALSE
FALSE
Yet you provide no evidence, good job

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:25 PM   #6824
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Ownz
 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT's Avatar
 
Location: Greater Anabaptist Rakefighter Kingdom
Posts: 930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
like you could have just been like "i don't agree with trotsky but i can see why he thinks that way" no you have to remind me that i'm stupid & undeducated, compared to you, mr. liberal fantastic man
you are very sensitive. I knew when you came back it was only a matter of time before you started harassing people who like you as well as your enemies and we would eventually argue, because you can dish it out but you can't take it. when I respond to you the same way you talk to me, suddenly I am in the wrong for disrespecting your intelligence. as far as I was concerned it was a good argument even though you kept changing your argument until you had to resort to the tired college liberals are so bad durr durr epithets and scapegoats but whatever have a good night

 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:25 PM   #6825
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post

Yet you provide no evidence, good job
you're fucking dumb

your entire argument rests on fundamentally flawed "evidence"

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:26 PM   #6826
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESUSNEEDSAHIT View Post
you are very sensitive.
aren't you the guy who is supposed to respect sensitivity? You're right, i get tired of liberals talking down to me because i don't believe in every piece of stupid crap they do.

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:27 PM   #6827
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Ownz
 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT's Avatar
 
Location: Greater Anabaptist Rakefighter Kingdom
Posts: 930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
aren't you the guy who is supposed to respect sensitivity? You're right, i get tired of liberals talking down to me because i don't believe in every piece of stupid crap they do.
if you read back you will see that you are the one who set that tone in this argument. like always, you can dish it out but you can't take it. it's nothing personal, but if you are going to go after people like you are some genius who has emerged from socrates' cave, you have no ethos to then get pissed when people speak the same way to you

 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:28 PM   #6828
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

are you doing tone police now

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:28 PM   #6829
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

its really funny how quickly liberals throw the car into reverse when it comes to fighting with marxists

further anything you're saying is about your insecurity not my tone, i never once disrespected your intelligence in the direct way you did mine

i did so to reprise because i'm mad now and i'm sick of this shit

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:31 PM   #6830
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Ownz
 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT's Avatar
 
Location: Greater Anabaptist Rakefighter Kingdom
Posts: 930
Default

always an excuse

you were disrespectful to everyone else here before anyone else get even the slightest bit testy. maybe you don't realize it because in your mind your "rightness" justifies it whereas we're just stupid liberals and owe you respect regardless

 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:33 PM   #6831
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

yeah you fucking pissed me off but its not your responsibility, that's liberalism for you

i was flippant but i didn't insult anyone directly, unless you think being called a liberal is insulting

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:35 PM   #6832
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

so i took a stroll back to the start, and it starts off with me making fun of liberalism in a general way and then

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESUSNEEDSAHIT View Post
trots i'm sorry but you are wrong or at least misguided in your thought process here.

i also recognize though that because your investment in this perspective is emotional you will not see my point or any one else's though
here's your first post but i'm the guy who weaponized the argument

get bent you fucking liberal shitclown. saying "i'm sorry but i think you're a very stupid, emotional idiot" is not an apology or an excuse to say it

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:35 PM   #6833
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Ownz
 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT's Avatar
 
Location: Greater Anabaptist Rakefighter Kingdom
Posts: 930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
yeah you fucking pissed me off but its not your responsibility, that's liberalism for you

i was flippant but i didn't insult anyone directly, unless you think being called a liberal is insulting
when used as an epithet over and over to discredit individuals based on group identity it is obviously insulting

 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:36 PM   #6834
reprise85
Submortal
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but I am an amateur psychologist. And I think that your spontaneous eye-watering may have something to do with your father.
Posts: 27,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
you're fucking dumb

your entire argument rests on fundamentally flawed "evidence"
The evidence may be flawed but when examining it critically there seems to be some merit, when I went into it skeptical and now am less so. The whole point though is not to glorify capitalism or liberalism, it is to take a look at the trends in violence and look at the human reasons for them, e.g. empathy, social and antisocial attitudes, etc. 300 years ago in Europe people were being tortured for fun and entertainment in town squares and we were burning 'witches' at the stake and shit. Something changed where this is now seen as abhorrent. We don't even execute most murderers anymore (obviously this is a good thing). I don't know why you are so hostile to the idea that the world is less violent, it doesn't mean it's necessarily better just that fewer people are dying from violence AS FAR AS WE CAN TELL, I'd love to see something that contradicts that

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:36 PM   #6835
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Ownz
 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT's Avatar
 
Location: Greater Anabaptist Rakefighter Kingdom
Posts: 930
Default

i mean I wasn't aware that anyone over the age of 21 seriously told others they are a marxist but yeah we are the ones who have been poisoned by liberal arts college liberal academica

 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:36 PM   #6836
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

i see your point that you think that capitalism & liberalism has improved society from previous eras

i think that using subjective comparative history is self serving at best

you do not see my point that it is subjective and you're overlooking a lot of bad stuff in the persuit of proving a point that is moot

and yet none of you will relent.

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:38 PM   #6837
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESUSNEEDSAHIT View Post
when used as an epithet over and over to discredit individuals based on group identity it is obviously insulting
its about being a liberal, someone who is interested in persuing western liberal captialism, which you are, otherwise you would have said "its moot anyway!" and moved on

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:38 PM   #6838
reprise85
Submortal
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but I am an amateur psychologist. And I think that your spontaneous eye-watering may have something to do with your father.
Posts: 27,869
Default

Like trots I respect your position and you know a hell of a lot more about history than I do but when you refuse to explain yourself and just make all caps short shitposts you aren't adding to any conversation I'm sorry

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:38 PM   #6839
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
T 300 years ago in Europe people were being tortured for fun and entertainment in town squares and we were burning 'witches' at the stake and shit. Something changed where this is now seen as abhorrent.
or we just have replaced it with popular entertainment

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:39 PM   #6840
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Like trots I respect your position and you know a hell of a lot more about history than I do but when you refuse to explain yourself and just make all caps short shitposts you aren't adding to any conversation I'm sorry
how did i not explain myself i said over and over and over again and yet you guys just gloss over all of it and say i'm stupid and didn't "prove" my point

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So when is Jimmy coming back? Elphenor Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion 21 02-17-2016 06:58 PM
Something I have noticed... rottenugly General Chat Archive 38 04-17-2012 04:25 PM
my very original ask me questions thread dr.benway General Chat Archive 27 08-04-2009 05:26 PM
So I ordered pizza last night Dead General Chat Archive 16 03-10-2007 01:13 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2014