Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #121
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
but the fact that he is Morman or that he does not support gay marraige has no bearing on me.
well this is a sad and narrow minded view of things

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #122
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,678
Default

"they aren't discriminating against me so why should anyone give a fuck?"

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #123
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Posts: 1,842
Default

Quote:
"they aren't discriminating against me so why should anyone give a fuck?"
If you're really that much of a dumb shit to see my point, then you do not deserve life. I do not agree at all with Monte's point-of-view, but there is this idea that in American you can choose to believe what you want and vote, via this thing called democracy, to have your opinion heard.

Monte's opinions on homosexuals have ZERO impact on the fact that he is a horrible channel between the band and the fans.

 
themadcaplaughs is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #124
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,678
Default

your point just reveals that you're a dumb asshole.

but thanks for stopping by.

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #125
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,678
Default

i don't believe anyone suggested we throw monte in jail because of his beliefs.

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #126
RenewRevive
Apocalyptic Poster
 
RenewRevive's Avatar
 
Location: Welcome to the real world jackass
Posts: 4,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestials View Post
I agree. In an ideal world, the band would take advantage of the amount of followers that they have on their official social media accounts to share news. I know that the official website can have a news section, but there is no one around to actually post content. A big reason why I started my site was to help improve the band's image online. I wish the band's online branding and presence were prioritized more...seems like a pretty important thing these days.
you'd think generating positive PR for the band would not be that hard, it's just the Billster makes it seems so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
1 The current line up of musicians is 3rd rate... Billy "fired" one of the greatest ever drummers of all time (what a fool!).. The best replacement he could manage to provide was a kid with no experience who was flipping burgers at Mcdonalds.

2. Due to the 3rd rate line up the musicianship and setlists of the live shows has decreased to an astounding level... The sound of the band has never been weaker or more predictable than it is now.

3. ...Oceania is the blandest safest release WPC's ever released. It reaks of matchbox 20 type stuff. Something everybodys mom surely loves.

I'm done with this band because the band just isn't any good anymore. This band just isn't good enough to deserve the SP title... That is a fact...

So it baffles me that people give up on the band due to Monte being slightly involved in promotion and not because the band just sucks.
Corgan blew it with Jimmy, no doubt. tbh though, the obvious drumming deficiencies apart I don't see how Jeff/Nicole are actually less capable than other guitar/bass combinations they've had in the past. all i can say is the band live in 2011 was superior musically to 2008, when Jimmy was present. it is what it is. Oceania is a decent album, but surely it would have sold a lot more if everybody's mom was into it? i guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpycat View Post
Yeah, but when output is going through a rough period other factors such as character and creative as well as personal integrity start to come into play. Shit that in other circumstances perhaps we would be willing to overlook or at least put up with to some degree. Those things can become make or break in people's willingness to stick around.
qft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
he's ethically underdeveloped. i think he's stuck somewhere around the age of four.

here's an example of how he deals with right and wrong...
you forget him running to Billy and ratting out that woman who tried to sell her legally owned copy of Machina 2! true class!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Hey Monte, where's that Pisces Iscariot reissue fix you mentioned was coming? Yeah, I thought so.

That's one of the recent things that's discouraged me to the point of not caring anymore about the band. The lack of acknowledgement officially about the problems all the reissues have had. With the PI reissue, things got progressively worse it seems. The various errors/problems in PI, the lack of 24/96, the brickwalled bonus disc, wrong Plume vocal take, etc. I even wrote up a report (with help from several other individuals) that was submitted to the band on deaf ears. Seems the only "fix" made was taking the original mix of Plume, making it louder in an editor and posting it as 'remastered' to the iTunes store.
in all probability Corgan had little interest in PI. the whole reissue got tossed off it seems. i'm just hanging in for Machina now. don't fuck this one up Billy, for Christ's sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
So has Nicole officially come out as a lesbian. I think the fact that, as far as I know, she has not publicly stated this makes a profound statement. She's a yes-person to Billy.
whether she's gay or not is a private matter though. has Jeff or Mike stated their heterosexuality publicly yet? i need to know this or i'm done with this band...

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
Also, in that thread where Monte steals, he says he's 21. You mean Monte is 32?! I don't know why but I thought he was still in his 20's. This is a little unsettling.
how so? one the few things i know about Monty is that he attending the last show in 2000, so it figures he'd be over 30 right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
I hate Monte's presence in the Smashing Pumpkins community with a passion, but the fact that he is Mormon or that he does not support gay marriage has no bearing on me. If Smashing Pumpkins claim they're a band the promotes equality, that is the truth. It is not their fault that Monte holds the views he does. By your logic, anyone who likes Smashing Pumpkins but does not support gay marriage, but posts about in on Facebook or social media, should be stripped of their status of a Smashing Pumpkins fan.
typos fixed tbh i kind of agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
I have licked a lot of people in my life but I have never licked Monte's sack.
sounds like a Djali Zwan song title.

 
RenewRevive is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #127
RenewRevive
Apocalyptic Poster
 
RenewRevive's Avatar
 
Location: Welcome to the real world jackass
Posts: 4,944
Default

it's still a terrible embarrassment that he's publicly associated with the band though, given the vocal nature of his oppostion to a human rights issue, which apparently contradicts the band's position.

 
RenewRevive is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #128
celestials
Oblivious Virgin
 
celestials's Avatar
 
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
he's ethically underdeveloped. i think he's stuck somewhere around the age of four.

here's an example of how he deals with right and wrong.
http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=162886

there. monty's problem solved. it wasn't illegal yet.

or check out this one. it's even better: http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=17416

I've heard about that famous "# of ppl in the USA" quote but I've never actually read the conversation - wow...

I can't believe that he had the audacity to not only admit that he stole something, but that he was decent enough to make a copy instead of stealing the original...like holy shit - he is a full-fledged sociopath and I don't feel bad for saying that at all.

I was a bit concerned when I spent the day with him in Chicago. He couldn't seem to part from his phone for one second. He was walking and eating while browsing the net, and he even had a pretty active back and forth with Billy while driving around Chicago. I forget what Monte was e-mailing Billy about, but it wasn't anything too important. Thankfully his wife was beside him and was handling the phone most of the time, but he definitely checked it himself when at the stop lights and stuff.

 
celestials is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #129
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!
 
MyOneAndOnly's Avatar
 
Location: "You are the poster child for an uninformed brainwashed American" -OmegaConcern
Posts: 20,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenewRevive View Post

sounds like a Djali Zwan song title.


 
MyOneAndOnly is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #130
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,678
Default

what's monte's wife like

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #131
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!
 
MyOneAndOnly's Avatar
 
Location: "You are the poster child for an uninformed brainwashed American" -OmegaConcern
Posts: 20,640
Default

It's beyond stupid that the band can't manage their own social media.

Joy Formidable, for instance, has a FB page, Twitter Acct, website, etc. and all of it is updated regularly (almost daily). for instance, they added 3 dates to their current tour and that info appeared today on FB and Twitter. nothing too complicated, but all the fans that care about them knew it right away.

If SP adds dates to their current tour we get an awkard headline on Monte's blog ...followed by a three sentences of spelling errors and poor grammer.... and half of the time we still won't know wtf is going on.

The blog is shitty and it reflects badly on the band.

 
MyOneAndOnly is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #132
celestials
Oblivious Virgin
 
celestials's Avatar
 
Posts: 39
Default

I heard back from Nicole. She said that the band has been "rehearsing like mad and changing songs and learning songs, etc." the past few days. A small tidbit :P

Her e-mail addressed a lot of issues and it gives me a lot of think about. I can share a few things, and maybe we can determine together what is the best path to take.

Firstly, she said that "My only intention was to reinstate my beliefs, and to make it clear that just because we have a guy reporting news for us doesn't mean that we support his beliefs. I also wanted it to be known that as much as I stand up for LGBT rights, my stance is the same in regards to freedom of speech."

More importantly, she said "I need you to know that NOBODY in the band thinks of Monte as our representative. It sucks that the fan community sees it that way." She said that she is more than willing to send me tour and studio exclusives once they start recording - that I just have to ask for the kind of stuff that fans would like to see from the band.

Obviously there are not many people that are in my position in the community right now, and I've always tried to make things right. If the majority of you think that this might be a good way to restore some hope and improve the morale in the community, then I will definitely consider being that alternative voice through my site.

 
celestials is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #133
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!
 
MyOneAndOnly's Avatar
 
Location: "You are the poster child for an uninformed brainwashed American" -OmegaConcern
Posts: 20,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
what's monte's wife like
I've only met her one time, but my impression was that she's a nice person. She's well spoken and she seems relatively outgoing. Normal. She also makes eye contact when she talks, which makes her much less awkward than her husband.

 
MyOneAndOnly is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #134
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!
 
MyOneAndOnly's Avatar
 
Location: "You are the poster child for an uninformed brainwashed American" -OmegaConcern
Posts: 20,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestials View Post
I heard back from Nicole. She said that the band has been "rehearsing like mad and changing songs and learning songs, etc." the past few days. A small tidbit :P

Her e-mail addressed a lot of issues and it gives me a lot of think about. I can share a few things, and maybe we can determine together what is the best path to take.

Firstly, she said that "My only intention was to reinstate my beliefs, and to make it clear that just because we have a guy reporting news for us doesn't mean that we support his beliefs. I also wanted it to be known that as much as I stand up for LGBT rights, my stance is the same in regards to freedom of speech."

More importantly, she said "I need you to know that NOBODY in the band thinks of Monte as our representative. It sucks that the fan community sees it that way." She said that she is more than willing to send me tour and studio exclusives once they start recording - that I just have to ask for the kind of stuff that fans would like to see from the band.

Obviously there are not many people that are in my position in the community right now, and I've always tried to make things right. If the majority of you think that this might be a good way to restore some hope and improve the morale in the community, then I will definitely consider being that alternative voice through my site.

 
MyOneAndOnly is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #135
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenewRevive View Post
all i can say is the band live in 2011 was superior musically to 2008, when Jimmy was present. it is what it is.
No dude... It's not what its not...

The 2008 musicianship blows away the musicianship of any of the 2011 shows... The setlists may have been better and what not ... The energy may have been more intense, but anyone who is a musician who drums realizes that the musicianship hasn't at any time been up to the level that it was with Jimmy while Byrne has been beating the fuck out of his instrument.

I think you're referring to the shows when they had that bad-ass setlist of all the fan favorites? It's an unfair comparison really, because if you saw Jimmy play that same setlist it would have DESTROYED the mike Byrnes version...

Also, when Jimmy was in the band, the setlists were so varied. There was surprises each night... And the musicianship was tight as fuck. Corgans vocals still remained weak but Corgan and Chamberlin just locked in man... Corgan and Byrne do not...



Just watch here, this is a rather simple song, but the musicianship, the grove is fucking sweet... With Byrne things always seem like they're on the verge of falling apart (hence why Billy is forced to stick with the exact same boring setlist each and every night)

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #136
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestials View Post
I heard back from Nicole. She said that the band has been "rehearsing like mad and changing songs and learning songs, etc." the past few days. A small tidbit :P

Her e-mail addressed a lot of issues and it gives me a lot of think about. I can share a few things, and maybe we can determine together what is the best path to take.

Firstly, she said that "My only intention was to reinstate my beliefs, and to make it clear that just because we have a guy reporting news for us doesn't mean that we support his beliefs. I also wanted it to be known that as much as I stand up for LGBT rights, my stance is the same in regards to freedom of speech."

More importantly, she said "I need you to know that NOBODY in the band thinks of Monte as our representative. It sucks that the fan community sees it that way." She said that she is more than willing to send me tour and studio exclusives once they start recording - that I just have to ask for the kind of stuff that fans would like to see from the band.

Obviously there are not many people that are in my position in the community right now, and I've always tried to make things right. If the majority of you think that this might be a good way to restore some hope and improve the morale in the community, then I will definitely consider being that alternative voice through my site.
She may not see Monte as the fan representative but Corgan sure does. He's been helping him out trying to get the site booming from the get go... He was pissed off with Hipsters United so he was on board with trying to run that to the ground with Monte at the helm...

The new band sucks. Mike Byrnes a fucking embarrassment and Nicole is a straight up ditz... Not sure if you guys read her post, but awhile back she went on this long winded rant about how great fucking Destinys Child and Beyonce are... About how great it is for femininity that Beyonce exists... And that her very sexual outfits were empowering and that she believed that Beyonce would step on stage with jeans and a t-shirt if she felt like it... Nicole has a huge following... She could be opening peoples eyes by providing awesome underground bands that shes into but the best shit she can pass along is fucking Destinys Child?

This new bands a joke... and will continue to be so unless Billy can get his musical partner of 20 years back into the fold... Corgans a world class musician... Chamberins a world class musician... Mike Byrne obviously isn't...

Corgan should just eat crow and do what it takes to get Jimmy back... Because the Dynamics of this Oceania shit sound like the kinda stuff my high school band was cranking out.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #137
celestials
Oblivious Virgin
 
celestials's Avatar
 
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
what's monte's wife like
I only met her in Chicago too, but I spoke to her on Google Hangout a few times. She is honestly one of the nicest people that I have ever known. Her kind heart really shines through. I think she mostly teaches English in high school and she talks about her students like they are her own children. From my observations, she seems to genuinely love Monte and is proud to be his wife. She is extremely accommodating to his needs and is really tolerant of his quirks and phobias. Sorry if this sounds like I'm profiling, but I took a bit of psychology in university XD

We got to hang out a lot while Monte was busy doing other things, and she mentioned how she lost a few close friends because of stuff that Monte has done. She also said that she was a lot nicer and less sarcastic before she met Monte. That made me a bit sad :/

 
celestials is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #138
D.
shoegaze thot
 
D.'s Avatar
 
Location: Houston
Posts: 35,772
Default

ohmygod someone needs to interview monte's wife

 
D. is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #139
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,605
Default



Anyone who says that the new Chickenshit SP is as good as the Jimmy SP 2 needs to get their head checked!

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #140
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestials View Post
I only met her in Chicago too, but I spoke to her on Google Hangout a few times. She is honestly one of the nicest people that I have ever known. Her kind heart really shines through. I think she mostly teaches English in high school and she talks about her students like they are her own children. From my observations, she seems to genuinely love Monte and is proud to be his wife. She is extremely accommodating to his needs and is really tolerant of his quirks and phobias. Sorry if this sounds like I'm profiling, but I took a bit of psychology in university XD

We got to hang out a lot while Monte was busy doing other things, and she mentioned how she lost a few close friends because of stuff that Monte has done. She also said that she was a lot nicer and less sarcastic before she met Monte. That made me a bit sad :/
She probably just fell in love with Monte because he was also brainwashed with the same beliefs that she was...

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #141
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,605
Default

Man... watching those 2 SP videos that I posted... Jimmys so locked in... Never off time like Byrne... And hes so tasteful with his fills.

I honestly can't believe that any hardcore fans are satisfied with Mike fucking Byrne.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #142
celestials
Oblivious Virgin
 
celestials's Avatar
 
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
She may not see Monte as the fan representative but Corgan sure does. He's been helping him out trying to get the site booming from the get go... He was pissed off with Hipsters United so he was on board with trying to run that to the ground with Monte at the helm...

The new band sucks. Mike Byrnes a fucking embarrassment and Nicole is a straight up ditz... Not sure if you guys read her post, but awhile back she went on this long winded rant about how great fucking Destinys Child and Beyonce are... About how great it is for femininity that Beyonce exists... And that her very sexual outfits were empowering and that she believed that Beyonce would step on stage with jeans and a t-shirt if she felt like it... Nicole has a huge following... She could be opening peoples eyes by providing awesome underground bands that shes into but the best shit she can pass along is fucking Destinys Child?

This new bands a joke... and will continue to be so unless Billy can get his musical partner of 20 years back into the fold... Corgans a world class musician... Chamberins a world class musician... Mike Byrne obviously isn't...

Corgan should just eat crow and do what it takes to get Jimmy back... Because the Dynamics of this Oceania shit sound like the kinda stuff my high school band was cranking out.
But what if Jimmy said the truth in interviews? That he doesn't want to be in the band because of all the touring and doesn't really believe in the music anymore?

I didn't see eye-to-eye with the greatness of Beyonce either, but Nicole was theoretically right when it came to feminism. Beyonce is very much representative of third-wave feminism and the celebration of sexuality as a positive aspect of life.

 
celestials is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #143
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestials View Post
"My only intention was to reinstate my beliefs, and to make it clear that just because we have a guy reporting news for us doesn't mean that we support his beliefs. I also wanted it to be known that as much as I stand up for LGBT rights, my stance is the same in regards to freedom of speech."
.
Can you please explain the difference between these things for her? No one is trying to take away monte's ability to think and believe whatever backward shit he wants. By contrast, he actively wishes for the government to withhold civil rights from a group of people.

the conflation there is indicative of someone utterly incapable of nuanced thought.

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #144
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,605
Default

That would be fine. Corgan then should have went out and found another phenom on the drums... Surely theres tons of epic drummers out there dying to be in a band like SP... Mike Byrne surely wasn't the most talented guy he could find.

uhh not really... It's all just marketing gimmicks... If Beyonce was a real feminist she would have went out at the Super Bowl and performed in Jeans and a T-shirt to prove a point... But shes probably well aware that her sex appeal is the main focal point of her marketing.

It's just lame that Nicole has to flap her gums about Beyonce... Billys provided her with a big stage and audience with whom she can share her ideas with.. And the best shit she can spout off is how great Destinys Child and Beyonce are?

Darcy was never that lame... Mellisa was never that lame... Ginger was never that lame...

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #145
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
Can you please explain the difference between these things for her? No one is trying to take away monte's ability to think and believe whatever backward shit he wants. By contrast, he actively wishes for the government to withhold civil rights from a group of people.

the conflation there is indicative of someone utterly incapable of nuanced thought.
Forget it man. I know of a handful of people who were telling Nicole about this and shes totally fine with it. It makes me sick to my stomach really. I'm not sure how in 2013 she can be fine with working with a bigot... But here we are...

As long as the cash flow is big enough I guess

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #146
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Posts: 1,887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestials View Post
Firstly, she said that "My only intention was to reinstate my beliefs, and to make it clear that just because we have a guy reporting news for us doesn't mean that we support his beliefs. I also wanted it to be known that as much as I stand up for LGBT rights, my stance is the same in regards to freedom of speech."
Everyone is entitled to be a bigot but it's an entirely different matter when someone acts upon it by actively funding and fighting against a human rights issue. But if I were her, and in her position, I would still have a problem with someone who so openly reviles my marriage and my right to adopt children.

Anyway, nobody is asking for monte to be put in jail or to be harassed for his beliefs, what people are asking is that he no longer "represent" the fan base and that he stops acting like a fucking douche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestials View Post
Obviously there are not many people that are in my position in the community right now, and I've always tried to make things right. If the majority of you think that this might be a good way to restore some hope and improve the morale in the community, then I will definitely consider being that alternative voice through my site.
Go for it. I don't see why you guys don't just form your own network of "gatekeepers" and get content from the rest of the band.

 
Araneae is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #147
T&T
Minion of Satan
 
T&T's Avatar
 
Location: montreal
Posts: 9,843
Default

did lucky 13 ever achieve anything?

 
T&T is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #148
celestials
Oblivious Virgin
 
celestials's Avatar
 
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
did lucky 13 ever achieve anything?
Yeah, we might actually see the fruition of our work in the Aeroplane reissue. After the general fan survey, we suggested that the first Lucky 13 release should be 1995 Double Door soundboard recordings. At the time, we weren't really sure which shows were available and the quality of the recordings.

It was definitely not an easy process to convince Billy that this was a good idea for a release. I remember 3 weeks of back and forth. Billy later told Monte that they found recordings for 2 shows and live rehearsals for one. Then, he said that the Double Door recordings would be cleaned up for the Aeroplane reissue. Shortly after, the whole project was put on hold for a few reasons. I don't know if I want to go back to it all - PTSD lol

 
celestials is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #149
Venom
Ownz
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Location: United States
Posts: 860
Default

It's simple...

Put a poll on the website/forums asking people what they want to see released to gain a general idea of what everyone wants. Everyone profits.

Not like that'll ever happen though.

 
Venom is offline
Old 04-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #150
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: if drumming was a contest we'd've all already lost - JC - 10/22/16
Posts: 6,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
That would be fine. Corgan then should have went out and found another phenom on the drums... Surely theres tons of epic drummers out there dying to be in a band like SP... Mike Byrne surely wasn't the most talented guy he could find.
I don't think he necessary wanted talent though, he wanted someone without a distinct style that could "evolve with the band" or some such. There's a youtube video of his audition where he really doesn't seem too bad. Watching it, I felt mildly excited about the band's future.

It's when he starts harming Jimmy's stuff and doing any sort of fills is where I start to fucking hate him.

 
Ram27 is offline
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kick-Ass was a far better movie than I expected Nimrod's Son General Chat Archive 45 06-14-2012 07:02 AM
Asheville #2 - June 24, 2007 Steve Holt Pumpkins Archive 325 06-30-2007 10:24 AM
laradelocke and kristin xp have to be the least sexiest people on this messageboard Mayfuck General Chat Archive 77 06-13-2007 09:22 AM
2007 Pisces Iscariot Reference Virex19 Pumpkins Archive 80 04-29-2007 06:01 AM
what the hell is this jamie foxx thing on nbc Nimrod's Son General Chat Archive 3 01-28-2006 12:38 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2014