Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2018, 02:23 PM   #91
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
what i'm saying is objective. there are facts to support b'arcy having NPD. these facts are not influenced by personal feelings. that's the definition of objectivity, so you are wrong. you can let it go all you want, but because i'm not being objective is not the reason.

as for his ig account, i don't follow it. the shit is posted here. and like i said, I DON'T READ IT.

what is wrong with you? seriously?
Not only do you read it... you wake up in the middle of the night to check it again just in case something new popped up. You are the only one on this board that knew how to even submit the Q&A to him.

And if he really did have a medical condition, then you are in the wrong for making fun of him for it.

Old 08-01-2018, 02:24 PM   #92
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Old 08-01-2018, 02:29 PM   #93
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
Not only do you read it... you wake up in the middle of the night to check it again just in case something new popped up. You are the only one on this board that knew how to even submit the Q&A to him.

And if he really did have a medical condition, then you are in the wrong for making fun of him for it.
please quote where i gave advice on how to submit Q&A.

and i'm not making fun of him for it, but i am calling him on his predatory bullshit. something you're incapable of. dick sucking, you got that down, we can all see that.

Old 08-01-2018, 02:31 PM   #94
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

sorry slayed23, you're just another BC yes man.

Old 08-01-2018, 02:37 PM   #95
slayed23
Ownz

Old 08-01-2018, 02:39 PM   #96
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

yep, you have no facts or rebuttals. wrong on every count thus far. i think we're done here until the next time i feel like calling you out.

thanks.

Old 08-01-2018, 02:52 PM   #97
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
yep, you have no facts or rebuttals. wrong on every count thus far. i think we're done here until the next time i feel like calling you out.

thanks.
I will use the James' hair comment for example. It is obvious to me (any anyone else really) that Billy is just trying to be funny. How that can be determined as narcissistic is beyond me.

2nd, people have been complaining about his showing his kid on instagram. Not sure how that is any different than any other celebrity or non-celebrity doing the exact same thing. People overuse instagram. Doesn't mean they are bad people.

Egotistical? Absolutely. Narcissistic? Hardly.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:56 PM   #98
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
I will use the James' hair comment for example. It is obvious to me (any anyone else really) that Billy is just trying to be funny. How that can be determined as narcissistic is beyond me.

2nd, people have been complaining about his showing his kid on instagram. Not sure how that is any different than any other celebrity or non-celebrity doing the exact same thing. People overuse instagram. Doesn't mean they are bad people.

Egotistical? Absolutely. Narcissistic? Hardly.
fwiw, i posted that i saw no link between the hair comment and narcissism. so on that, wow, we agree.

as for posting pictures of children online, it depends on how the person does it. a narcissist will use their own children to boost their false image that they project to the world. "I'm a good father", "I'm responsible", "I'm caring and nurturing", etc. in a very similar way, this cherry-picked example does not support a NPD diagnosis.

however, you are forgetting or purposefully omitting 30 years of public fallouts, blame shifting, egocentric tendencies, emotionally reactive behavior, impulsivity, child-like behavior, inability to apologize (sincerely), and his own admission of a false self used to protect his, also self-admitted, overly traumatized inner child.

he's a narc. why you feel a need to defend that is beyond me.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:02 PM   #99
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Last edited by houseofglass11 : 09-22-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:49 PM   #100
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Exclamation

I don't want it getting lost that Mals took a photograph of their computer screen

Old 08-01-2018, 04:52 PM   #101
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
I don't want it getting lost that Mals took a photograph of their computer screen
And was therefore accessing Instagram on a computer and not a phone

Old 08-01-2018, 05:33 PM   #102
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

I am not the one who took the original screenie, but I will be sure to relay yer distaste for their picture-taking methods

Old 08-04-2018, 01:53 AM   #103
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Old 08-04-2018, 02:11 AM   #104
Kenny.Aronoff
Amish Rake Fighter

No way MaDM was not offered a position, Billy even contacted me bout doing percussion but i'm touring with my new band Supersonic Blues Machine so had to turn him down

Old 08-04-2018, 02:13 AM   #105
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny.Aronoff View Post
No way MaDM was not offered a position, Billy even contacted me bout doing percussion but i'm touring with my new band Supersonic Blues Machine so had to turn him down
Fake news Kenny.

I have it under good authority that the Jonathan Melvin hologram is the only former member under consideration for a guest performance.

Old 08-04-2018, 04:09 AM   #106
DemonUnicorns
Ownz

Too soon Buttcannon.

Too soon.

Old 08-04-2018, 05:32 AM   #107
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

The fact that MADM wasn't even considered and Jack Bates is being considered as a full time member goes to show i have zero idea about what this band is about anymore.

Old 08-04-2018, 05:37 AM   #108
DemonUnicorns
Ownz

Yeah what exactly is B0ll’s beef with MADM?

Old 08-04-2018, 05:42 AM   #109
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonUnicorns View Post
Yeah what exactly is B0ll’s beef with MADM?

Billy:

"I play guitar pretty much on top, and so the bass is better laconic. If the bass is too on top, like for example, Melissa Auf der Maur. When she played with us, she played very on top, and it was constantly tripping all over the fucking guitars. It’s hard to get… the Pumpkins’ sound. If you can bottle it, it’s sort of predicated on the idea the guitars are clearly on top and ahead of the drums; the drums sit in the middle, and the bass is a little back, so it has an impact and wide-scope sound. That’s the sound that I like to hear. Maybe it was developed through playing with D’Arcy and the way she played. I got used to that feeling, and so I’ve looked for that feeling ever since. So, if I found a man who could play like that, I would have no problem putting him in there. Mark Tulin played like that."

Old 08-04-2018, 05:50 AM   #110
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
The fact that MADM wasn't even considered and Jack Bates is being considered as a full time member goes to show i have zero idea about what this band is about anymore.
selling concert tickets until they are 60. probably easier to stick to the same bassist for that.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:42 AM   #111
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

In 2010 or 2011, someone saw one of Melissa's solo shows and talked to her afterwards. With so many words, she basically said she couldn't believe what Billy had turned into over the decade since she was in the band. The poster directly asked her if Billy would ever consider playing with here again, or at least letting her show up to guest at a show. She said something along the lines of "Billy only hangs out with his Jesus friends now."

Super douchey of Billy to respond like that. She was a fairly well loved part of SP history, and saved the band's ass in 1999/2000.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:35 AM   #112
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

Yep, her playing style doesn't explain his douchey answer.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:48 AM   #113
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Jack has been killing it up there.

Old 08-05-2018, 10:19 AM   #114
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Last edited by amoergosum : 08-05-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:50 AM   #115
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

I won't regret to post this podcast:

Old 08-05-2018, 02:30 PM   #116
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

He did like fifty QA’s last night and most answers were insulting foreign people for their incorrect grammar. Classy guy.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:13 PM   #117
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Billy:

"I play guitar pretty much on top, and so the bass is better laconic. If the bass is too on top, like for example, Melissa Auf der Maur. When she played with us, she played very on top, and it was constantly tripping all over the fucking guitars. It’s hard to get… the Pumpkins’ sound. If you can bottle it, it’s sort of predicated on the idea the guitars are clearly on top and ahead of the drums; the drums sit in the middle, and the bass is a little back, so it has an impact and wide-scope sound. That’s the sound that I like to hear. Maybe it was developed through playing with D’Arcy and the way she played. I got used to that feeling, and so I’ve looked for that feeling ever since. So, if I found a man who could play like that, I would have no problem putting him in there. Mark Tulin played like that."
sounds like someone who REALLY LIKES TO HEAR HIMSELF PLAY

Old 08-05-2018, 03:14 PM   #118
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

ie a narcissist. quelle surprise

Old 08-05-2018, 03:26 PM   #119
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
what the fuck are you even talking about
Same, but to 90% of this thread.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:31 PM   #120
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
He did like fifty QA’s last night and most answers were insulting foreign people for their incorrect grammar. Classy guy.
How do you know they are foreigners tho?