reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Old 07-23-2018, 06:21 PM   #123
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
This should be pinned so that when someone asks “who is Monte” you can just direct them to the pin

Old 07-23-2018, 06:23 PM   #124
Andy /

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ava transformer View Post
"Stares in 37 Smashing Pumpkins tattoos"
Anywho..if anyone is interested I started a Facebook group called-Frail & Bedazzled an SP addict recovery group.
I was kicked out of Sad Machines because I dared called Billy out for charging for autographs.And also after BC came out on Alex Jones as an anti black, fuck twit..the fan groups became a hostile environment for a black fan like myself. 24 years of my life has been deeply devoted to SP.. it has been the hardest thing to reconcile the person who made music that literally saved my life has turned into this willfully ignorant creature.
Maybe the shapeshifting he saw was himself.
Netphoria has actually evolved into a less negative space than it was in 2000 on.
Because of the complexity of this new world we live in, I have found myself back on this board & happy to be in a fan space that isn't blind worship. And let's keep it real Run2Me sounds like a Sandals resort jingle & it's fascinating yet heartbreaking that someone who made such wonderful music..is capable of making such horrible music & decisions.
I'm very sad about all that has happened.. It hurts on such a deeper level that fans who aren't black will never understand. Having the many positive personal interactions I have had as a fan..makes the words he has said more painful as he isn't just a celebrity I admired from a far..
I'm still having a really hard time with all of it..
nobody else has commented on this so i will.

1) welcome back.
2) i'm sorry b0lly's dipshittedness has caused you the pain it has.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:30 PM   #125
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

I meant to respond, me bad. Ava I looked for your group on facebook but couldn't find it. Can you post or pm me a link?

Old 07-23-2018, 06:34 PM   #126
Shallowed
Braindead

Once upon a time, there were two little ants, one of them small, one of them tall. They were both eating a fir tree. After some time, the tall ant had had enough to eat of the fir tree and went on his way. Another ant came along to join the small ant and asked where the other ant went. The small ant said, "So much fir, the taller ant left"

Old 07-23-2018, 06:35 PM   #127
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

well I for one have come to repent

I now see my crimes

i was terrible

Old 07-23-2018, 06:41 PM   #128
Shallowed
Braindead

Yeah tbh I'm a worthless piece of shit

Old 07-23-2018, 07:34 PM   #129
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaraflame View Post
Also wanted to add that Corgan is still making great music. Ogilala, Oceania, key tracks off of pretty much every record since the breakup proper has been strong.
TheFutureEmbrace and much of the Zwan (acoustic too) has been pretty sterling. It doesn't matter what the fans think. Many left after ''Adore'' and now it's rightfully hailed as an SP pinnacle of sorts.
Who can forget cuts like ''Stellar'' or ''Ma Belle'' either? Lots of stuff in the vaults too that you've never heard. Chicagokid...more secrets under key.
Are you artistic or a musician? Try painting the same multi-colored tapestry every day on the same canvas and see how irredeemably sterile it can get.
Hi Billy. If you think the sentiment of Netphoria is "I wish he'd bring back the 90s" -you're waaaaay off.

I mean, my problem with you is that your process seems to be:

Step One: Have a genuinely great artistic idea.
Step Two: Act like a record exec and ruin it.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:56 PM   #130
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
Hi Billy. If you think the sentiment of Netphoria is "I wish he'd bring back the 90s" -you're waaaaay off.

I mean, my problem with you is that your process seems to be:

Step One: Have a genuinely great artistic idea.
Step Two: Act like a record exec and ruin it.
Also this:

Step one: stop being an insufferable narcissist
Step two: see step one

Old 07-23-2018, 09:49 PM   #131
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Ava I looked for your group on facebook but couldn't find it. Can you post or pm me a link?
same please

Old 07-23-2018, 10:20 PM   #132
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaraflame View Post
If you are Netphoria's good will ambassador, your good will can start by losing the puerile ''go fuck yourself'' 8th grade discourse.
Moderators and forum watchers should take out the trash more often, meaning, posts, posters or threads that simply go on and on to destroy/assassinate/bully and create slander, should be watched much more closely.
Of course Corgan threatened lawsuits...you allowed his material to be posted on your forums illegally...thankfully, Pakula or whomever had the presence of mind to leave a sticky.
Also wanted to add that Corgan is still making great music. Ogilala, Oceania, key tracks off of pretty much every record since the breakup proper has been strong.
TheFutureEmbrace and much of the Zwan (acoustic too) has been pretty sterling. It doesn't matter what the fans think. Many left after ''Adore'' and now it's rightfully hailed as an SP pinnacle of sorts.
Who can forget cuts like ''Stellar'' or ''Ma Belle'' either? Lots of stuff in the vaults too that you've never heard. Chicagokid...more secrets under key.
Are you artistic or a musician? Try painting the same multi-colored tapestry every day on the same canvas and see how irredeemably sterile it can get.
His voice? Deal with it.
His political views? Deal with it, in the name of tolerance , or whatever leftists preach.
As for not having a ''hit''in 15 years, just realize that Corgan had enough hits in his 90's era that would have been about the equivalent of 20 plus bands...with more gold to spare, not mention lots of inspired genius leaking buckets and oceans.
He has a legacy. He's still putting on great shows and the magic is still there.
Monte nor Clay nor Linda have anything to do with this post, for the record, no pun intended. But, to see the vultures illegally use Sad Machine members photos and create a witch hunt just makes the pudding boil over with proof that some of your posters are just awful. Not irredeemable. Just worth a notice or a glare or a glance.
I stand by the sentiment that Netphoria is terrible because it has enabled so much ridiculous animosity and cyber-bullying,whereby it really has been a Billy and SP camp hate thread at times.
I don't need to 'fuck myself'.
Just assume responsibility and weed out the sheep from the goats and presto, you just might have a site where the decorum matches the quality-or the other way around.
Sincerely,
Solaraflameoutgoodnightandtravelwell
Use proper paragraphs and perhaps I’ll read your dumb-ass rants. Until then, I reiterate: go fuck yourself.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:26 PM   #133
SPLATTER
Demi-God

Quote:
His political views? Deal with it, in the name of tolerance , or whatever leftists preach.
he's a racist maga piece of shit who pals around with alex jones.

that's not his politics. that's his hateful delusion.

and so opposing that has nothing to do with being a leftist. it has to do with being a moral sane person. moral sane people are disgusted by that shit.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:11 PM   #134
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy's not a racist. His son is half Asian and he plays with two Asians in his band. You can accuse Billy of making stupid political statements, but to call him a racist just isn't based in any reality.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:16 PM   #135
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Plus Paz lenchantin is Hispanic and Pajo is Filipino so he’s def not racist

Old 07-23-2018, 11:23 PM   #136
SPLATTER
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
Billy's not a racist. His son is half Asian and he plays with two Asians in his band. You can accuse Billy of making stupid political statements, but to call him a racist just isn't based in any reality.
this is such a stupid thing to say. billy hangs with racists, he quotes racists with reverence, he implies racist shit, he;s a racist.

oh but he's in a relationship with an asian, you say, so he holds no racial prejudice. his kid is half asian. def can't hate blacks then. what a naive bunch of shit and i've seen you say this before. get a clue.

and trump is boys with kanye.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:26 PM   #137
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLATTER View Post
You're ignoring the point I made about Billy. Things like people calling Billy a racist are what gets this place a bad reputation with some fans, when I think there are a lot of people on here who while critical of Billy's career moves don't believe baseless stuff like that.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:29 PM   #138
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLATTER View Post
this is such a stupid thing to say. billy hangs with racists, he quotes racists with reverence, he implies racist shit, he;s a racist.

oh but he's in a relationship with an asian, you say, so he holds no racial prejudice. his kid is half asian. def can't hate blacks then. what a naive bunch of shit and i've seen you say this before. get a clue.

Saw you edited your post. Billy does not hang out with racists from anything I've seen. I definitely don't agree with everything Alex Jones says, but he's not a racist. Just like every leftist isn't a pedophile like some on the right want people to think.

You're basing your entire false narrative on Billy comparing Social Justice Warriors to the KKK. You can call that a stupid statement, but how is it racist? The basis of the statement is that the KKK is bad. Comparing SJW's to them can no doubt be called stupid, but not racist.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:31 PM   #139
fuzzyroes
Banned

Yeah, the guy's never done anything remotely racist.

The only bigoted things he's publicly said or done have been transphobic.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:32 PM   #140
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
Saw you edited your post. Billy does not hang out with racists from anything I've seen. I definitely don't agree with everything Alex Jones says, but he's not a racist. Just like every leftist isn't a pedophile like some on the right want people to think.

You're basing your entire false narrative on Billy comparing Social Justice Warriors to the KKK. You can call that a stupid statement, but how is it racist? The basis of the statement is that the KKK is bad. Comparing SJW's to them can no doubt be called stupid, but not racist.
Amen brother. Nicely put.

This community is becoming increasingly left-wing extremist.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:33 PM   #141
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

fuzzy I am going to crack open a cold one when you are banned for good

Old 07-23-2018, 11:37 PM   #142
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Amen brother. Nicely put.

This community is becoming increasingly left-wing extremist.
Like I said, I don't think everyone on here thinks Billy is a racist. Liberals, independents, libertarians, conservatives etc. I think over the top stuff like that can get this place a bad rap among some people.

Last edited by WeilandFan : 07-23-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:39 PM   #143
redbreegull

Comparing people who are interested in making society more equal to a white supremacist group is incredibly stupid and offensive. It reinforces racism. So how is it not racist

Old 07-23-2018, 11:40 PM   #144
redbreegull

Racism is a system of inequality and stratification and oppression based on race. Anything that feeds that system counts as racism

Old 07-23-2018, 11:46 PM   #145
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
Comparing people who are interested in making society more equal to a white supremacist group is incredibly stupid and offensive. It reinforces racism. So how is it not racist
Billy was being purposely sensational to prove his point, suggesting how SJW's can exhibit some of the most extreme hateful characteristics, not entirely unlike the ones seen with the KKK.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:47 PM   #146
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

again, i don't hold anything against b'arcy for going on alex jones. quite the opposite, i respect him for it. he spoke a lot of truth about freedom of speech and urged alex to draw his inspiration from a "deeper well". his presence on the show is exposure to some form of sanity that those viewers need. alex actually listened for a change. i thought it was very smart and ballsy. still over him as a person, but i don't hold alex jones appearances against him.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:48 PM   #147
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy's main point was about SJW's who go after the first amendment. Billy never said he doesn't want equal rights. Your first criticism of stupid and offensive is valid, but to say Billy was knowingly promoting racism, there isn't evidence of that. Why not focus your energy on actual racists who say they don't like other races?

Old 07-23-2018, 11:50 PM   #148
redbreegull

Quote:
Billy was being purposely sensational to prove his point, suggesting how SJW's can exhibit some of the most extreme hateful characteristics, not entirely unlike the ones seen with the KKK.
go fuck yourself

Old 07-23-2018, 11:52 PM   #149
fuzzyroes
Banned

Hey, I'm not saying it was an apt comparison, but it wasn't a statement FOR the KKK. It was using them as an example of an unarguably bad faction of people.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:11 AM   #150
redbreegull

Quote:
Hey, I'm not saying it was an apt comparison, but it wasn't a statement FOR the KKK. It was using them as an example of an unarguably bad faction of people.
Go. Fuck. Yourself.