Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 12-17-2017, 09:18 PM   #31
ilikeplanets
Braindead

and because i fuck up getting the right brand or flavor or size or SOMETHING every time and some poor employee has to go fetch the right one for me.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:20 PM   #32
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Yeah that's a good point. But I feel like it's a losing strategy in the end...
that's why you don't work for mcdonald's marketing department

Old 12-17-2017, 09:20 PM   #33
redbreegull

everyone else continue using the self checkouts so fuzzy can blame immigrants for stealing the jobs

Old 12-17-2017, 09:24 PM   #34
Elphenor
Braindead

in an economy that made fucking sense automating would benefit everyone but instead it just means corporations can lay off employees

Old 12-17-2017, 09:28 PM   #35
ilikeplanets
Braindead

i'd pay to have the laid off employees shop for me

Old 12-17-2017, 09:28 PM   #36
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
You're being presumptuous and smug. I know they're still currently operating... But we've seen the same thing play out regarding Chapter 11 with Tower Records, Virgin Megastore ETC... It's only a matter of time as far as I fathom.
You're being mindlessly nostalgic and dumb. I know what I'd rather be.

We've also seen the same thing play out regarding Trump on six occasions and we're still stuck with people like you thinking he's a hugely successful businessman that always gets things done.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:31 PM   #37
fuzzyroes
Banned

I dunno man, I don't shop online... So for me, I like going into a shop to look around and buy stuff.

Also, If I'm at a fastfood joint, I'd rather just go up to the guy, tell him what I want and be done with it... I don't see the convenience of going through the whole routine of some touch-screen jibber-jabber.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:32 PM   #38
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
i'd pay to have the laid off employees shop for me
should automate my job and cut me a check to stay home

Old 12-17-2017, 09:37 PM   #39
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I don't see the convenience of going through the whole routine of some touch-screen jibber-jabber.
You don't see how it might benefit efficiency to skip an intermediary made entirely redundant by technology?

No, that makes sense. Let's pay somebody to stand there, listen to what you want to eat and then key it into the system so that the cooks know what to prepare. There'd be no sense in having customers do that instantly and for free.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:44 PM   #40
redbreegull

pretty fitting that fuzzy's woes about the changing world are entirely centered on consumerism and physical crap, what Billy Corgan once described as the "junk culture of the 70s/80s"

Old 12-17-2017, 09:45 PM   #41
fuzzyroes
Banned

Why should the customer have to bother poking around with it? These companies try and spin it as some kind of customer convenience but it isn't.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:48 PM   #42
Elphenor
Braindead

It is a convinience if you're not a retard

plus I can't stand to see the look of agony in the eyes of the poor soul b3hind the counter

Old 12-17-2017, 09:48 PM   #43
buzzard
Minion of Satan

People much prefer communicating with customer service staff?

Old 12-17-2017, 09:48 PM   #44
redbreegull

Quote:
Why should the customer have to bother poking around with it? These companies try and spin it as some kind of customer convenience but it isn't.
you'll find that you are in the extreme minority. As voiced in this thread, most people prefer not to deal with a human if a machine can do it efficiently, and it allows businesses to lay off employees and not pay for their healthcare and shit, so they see it as a win/win. If it's not what people want, it wouldn't be happening.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:49 PM   #45
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I suppose it's not really a fuzzyroes post if it doesn't provide an insight into misunderstood loneliness.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:49 PM   #46
FoolofaTook

Fuzzy vs. The World round 5,834,221,947

Old 12-17-2017, 09:51 PM   #47
fuzzyroes
Banned

TOYS R US Add from 1994

http://dinosaurdracula.com/wp-conten.../2017/11/8.jpg

if only we had the foresight to pick up a bunch of em and leave em sealed....20 years later we'd be able to make a killing.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 12-17-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:55 PM   #48
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
you'll find that you are in the extreme minority. As voiced in this thread, most people prefer not to deal with a human if a machine can do it efficiently, and it allows businesses to lay off employees and not pay for their healthcare and shit, so they see it as a win/win. If it's not what people want, it wouldn't be happening.
Oh, it would still be happening because it saves the company money.

I don't know why it's this seemingly big chore for some of you guys to spit out an order or share pleasantries with a cashier... It strikes me as incredibly abnormal.

It's not a big deal to me or anything, but I find it easier if a cashier scans through my products and bags them as opposed to going through the self-checkouts and fussing about through the whole process... Again, not a big deal, but I don't see it as convenient.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:57 PM   #49
Elphenor
Braindead

the forced small talk neither of you want but both feel obligated to engage in

Old 12-17-2017, 09:59 PM   #50
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I rest my case, basically.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:01 PM   #51
fuzzyroes
Banned

I think it's a reflection of this internet generation... No one even talks on the phone anymore, everythings impersonal to the point that simply placing an order is an inconvenience.

I really worry about the social ability of these upcoming generations. I'd wager big time that you're gonna see spikes in social anxiety disorders

Old 12-17-2017, 10:04 PM   #52
Elphenor
Braindead

you're just a perfect example of how the 90's created socially able adults

Old 12-17-2017, 10:04 PM   #53
redbreegull

Quote:
Oh, it would still be happening because it saves the company money.

I don't know why it's this seemingly big chore for some of you guys to spit out an order or share pleasantries with a cashier... It strikes me as incredibly abnormal.

It's not a big deal to me or anything, but I find it easier if a cashier scans through my products and bags them as opposed to going through the self-checkouts and fussing about through the whole process... Again, not a big deal, but I don't see it as convenient.
1) It only saves the company money if people actually use it instead of being unhappy and complaining. There are things companies do to force the public into accepting their cost-cutting and profit-maximizing, i.e. how airline seats grow continually smaller... but automated ordering and checkout is not one of them. Congrats on not understanding basic capitalism tho

2) I don't even like self-checkouts because I don't want people to lose their jobs and I try to use lines with real cashiers when it's not insanely inconvenient... but I recognize that I am in the minority, and most people just want to get their shit done quickly and autonomously. I mean I want this too, I just don't want people to lose their jobs.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:06 PM   #54
redbreegull

Quote:
I think it's a reflection of this internet generation... No one even talks on the phone anymore, everythings impersonal to the point that simply placing an order is an inconvenience.

I really worry about the social ability of these upcoming generations. I'd wager big time that you're gonna see spikes in social anxiety disorders
you're being a nostalgic crybaby, and like basically everything else, you just react in a knee-jerk way to anything being different than it was for you. Has it occurred to you that the rest of the human population does not share your desire for them to have the same life experiences as you?

Old 12-17-2017, 10:06 PM   #55
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Hey, at least all those quack doctors are going to make a tonne off the pharmaceutical company kickbacks when the social anxiety disorder movement kicks in.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:59 PM   #56
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
the forced small talk neither of you want but both feel obligated to engage in
that's not why i dislike human-operated lines, i'm great at disregarding social expectations like small talk. i hate them because they are slooooooooow and i'm much faster checking out my own groceries. and i always seem to get stuck behind a 90 year old who wants to write a check but forgot her pen in the regular lanes.

Old 12-17-2017, 11:08 PM   #57
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

Support locally owned toy shops. They still exist. Buy your video games from the big retailers and real toys from the local shops.

Guitar Center is next. That's the rumor.

Old 12-17-2017, 11:14 PM   #58
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

Gotta go. My Amazon order of the entire new wave of Star Wars toys is here.

Old 12-17-2017, 11:14 PM   #59
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

I might be wrong but wasn't McDonalds actually considered cool until about 1998 or so?

Old 12-18-2017, 12:02 AM   #60
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

I'm not really too sad about it. I don't know if children need to be bewildered by valleys of plastic possibilities, displaying all the joys and sorrows capitalism has in store for them.