Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 03-03-2016, 05:18 PM   #991
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

and let's just torture everybody. fuck human rights and the mountains of research that show torture is neither effective at or actually about information extraction, I BELIEVE IT WORKS SO JUST TRUST ME

Old 03-03-2016, 05:18 PM   #992
redbreegull

and john mccain deserved to get tortured because he's a loser

Old 03-03-2016, 06:04 PM   #993
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
there is no good way to predict general election match ups at this point, so even though it's interesting to look at those models, they mean nothing

here is where we stand from the perspective of math and not histrionic propaganda

FiveThirtyEight – Hillary Clinton's Got This

FiveThirtyEight – Can Republicans Still Take The Nomination Away From Trump?

This one is more complex and speculative. Nate Silver basically says yes Trump leads in a lot of polls but the fact is so far only 34% of all Republican voters have cast votes for him. His lead is not insurmountable yet. His followers are very loyal but there may be reason to believe Trump has a "ceiling" at which he will be unable to build further support. The Super Tuesday results made no improvement to Trump's performance from previous elections either.
Thanks for the links. I'll check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Honestly guys, if it's a Clinton/Trump election card, you guys should seriously consider voting Trump.
Your political recommendations are almost as bad as your music recommendations. I don't think we should ban you from the forums, but we should at least ban you from the politics and music boards.

Quote:
and let's just torture everybody. fuck human rights and the mountains of research that show torture is neither effective at or actually about information extraction, I BELIEVE IT WORKS SO JUST TRUST ME
I like how he said that even if it doesn't work, "they deserve it anyway."

How can anybody not see that he is the worst person. Like, are all his supporters just being ironic? Is this some subversive post-postmodern counter-hegemonic N X T L V L late-capitalism supra-ideology Žižek bullshit? Or is stupidity just actually a real thing?

Old 03-03-2016, 07:22 PM   #994
Elphenor
Braindead

It's just a lack of political education and can you blame them our public schools don't teach shit about politics or economics

You get the most half assed civics course that's half a semester and harder to fail than Physical Education and that's the extend of what our education system deems necessary to preserve our democracy

Also an economics course that's just a semester of masterbating over Capitalism. No joke there was a video that students at my school were made to watch in this class that was specifically about Donald Trump being a genius

This was between the 4 or so Stossel videos we were subjected to

Old 03-03-2016, 07:29 PM   #995
Elphenor
Braindead

This was an actual video shown in this class, just 40 minutes of propaganda

Old 03-03-2016, 08:25 PM   #996
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
with the Cons on this issue, and the NDP lost a sizable chunk of support in Quebec (the province that had allowed them to grow to become the Official Opposition in the previous election, but is also one of the more xenophobic parts of the country).
i am frankly not sure what you are basing this claim on..?

Old 03-04-2016, 12:16 AM   #997
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
I hope Trump wins just so I can watch the total meltdown on here. RGB's head would explode, elphemer would cut his dick off, and scotty would jump off a bridge.
And fuzzyroses would ejaculate all over himself.

Old 03-04-2016, 03:59 AM   #998
fuzzyroes
Banned

What's going on with Trump is historical. The guys backed by no one, and has no political background and he's taking the political party by storm. It's truly an awakening.

The public is sick of these establishment politicians towing the company line... It has America in the dumps.

Maybe letting one of the most successful businessmen in American take a shot at fixing things is just what the country needs.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:30 AM   #999
Order 66
Socialphobic

herbert hoover was a businessman

Old 03-04-2016, 12:39 PM   #1000
myosis
Minion of Satan

trump isn't a very successful businessman

Old 03-04-2016, 03:45 PM   #1001
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
i am frankly not sure what you are basing this claim on..?
A lot of observers were noting that the niqab thing becoming an election issue coincided with the NDP's loss of support in Quebec.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2251072/ni...observers-say/
http://ottawacitizen.com/news/politi...ab-and-the-ndp
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/thom...lity-1.3446241

Though yeah I share the skepticism about this being the main issue that accounted for the drop. I mean, it doesn't explain why the Liberals, who held the same position as the NDP on the issue, gained from the drop in NDP support.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:13 PM   #1002
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
What's going on with Trump is historical. The guys backed by no one, and has no political background and he's taking the political party by storm. It's truly an awakening.

The public is sick of these establishment politicians towing the company line... It has America in the dumps.

Maybe letting one of the most successful businessmen in American take a shot at fixing things is just what the country needs.

There's a lot he stands for currently I can't agree on; we need an overhaul on immigration, yes, however a wall along the border simply isn't necessary.

But when the likes of the Koch brothers, the Bush-Clinton-Rockefeller crime syndicate, their Chinese communist cohorts, Christie Todd Whitman to Mitt fucking Romney and a boatload of other scared shitless established Republicans and media whores alike are ganging up against him, then it appears he really is the inevitable glitch in the political matrix when our corporate government's criminality is catching up to them.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:22 PM   #1003
Order 66
Socialphobic

derp is cathing on morelike

Old 03-04-2016, 10:25 PM   #1004
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
trump isn't a very successful businessman

Zerohedge did an expose' on his fortune and it was tough to discern his actual wealth. Best estimates were half a billion to about 4 or 5 billion.

The gist of the article though was that even the naysayers of the claims on his wealth understand he is a master at branding and that those skills are paying off for him now politically.

Old 03-05-2016, 12:34 AM   #1005
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
There's a lot he stands for currently I can't agree on; we need an overhaul on immigration, yes, however a wall along the border simply isn't necessary.

But when the likes of the Koch brothers, the Bush-Clinton-Rockefeller crime syndicate, their Chinese communist cohorts, Christie Todd Whitman to Mitt fucking Romney and a boatload of other scared shitless established Republicans and media whores alike are ganging up against him, then it appears he really is the inevitable glitch in the political matrix when our corporate government's criminality is catching up to them.
Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. Some of what he says is pretty stupid (like the boycotting Apple thing for not giving their encryption to the government). But the country is in massive debt and the economies in shambles, it would make sense to hire one of the elite successful businessmen to turn the mess around... But of course as we know the destruction of the economy is all by design... Part of the new world order... they orchestrate plans in order to be heroic by providing a "solution" when the solution is what they wanted to implement all along... "bomb the economy and everyone will be begging for a mexico/usa/canada currency.

Trumps a cog in the bullshit... But I have a feeling they'll probably just pull some shady shit like rig the election anyways... But it's hilarious to see the establishments panties in a twist.

Old 03-05-2016, 12:36 AM   #1006
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Zerohedge did an expose' on his fortune and it was tough to discern his actual wealth. Best estimates were half a billion to about 4 or 5 billion.

The gist of the article though was that even the naysayers of the claims on his wealth understand he is a master at branding and that those skills are paying off for him now politically.
Forbes picked him apart and did a thorough rundown and they conservatively got to the 4.5 billion mark... Which is still fantastic anyway you crack it.

Old 03-05-2016, 12:48 AM   #1007
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:

Trumps a cog in the bullshit... But I have a feeling they'll probably just pull some shady shit like rig the election anyways... But it's hilarious to see the establishments panties in a twist.

Newt and his big mouth...

"He's an outsider, he's not them, he's not part of the club, he's uncontrollable. He has not been through the initiation rites, he did not belong to the secret society"

Old 03-05-2016, 01:07 AM   #1008
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
he had a fake university that defrauded people of hundreds of thousands of dollars and the judge has said that is moving along this summer

but go ahead keep watching fox news buddy

Here's another court case moving along this summer:

DOJ grants immunity to ex-Clinton staffer who set up email server

No small matter this. I'm a little surprised actually for it suggest many things. I figure Huma will be the Scooter Libby in all this. But, the D.C. rumor mill is that Hillary will be indicted, thus derailing her campaign, which is why the establishment Republicans now are frantically crawling all over themselves to stop Trump.

Old 03-05-2016, 04:02 AM   #1009
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. Some of what he says is pretty stupid (like the boycotting Apple thing for not giving their encryption to the government). But the country is in massive debt and the economies in shambles, it would make sense to hire one of the elite successful businessmen to turn the mess around... But of course as we know the destruction of the economy is all by design... Part of the new world order... they orchestrate plans in order to be heroic by providing a "solution" when the solution is what they wanted to implement all along... "bomb the economy and everyone will be begging for a mexico/usa/canada currency.

Can you stop being

Old 03-05-2016, 10:34 AM   #1010
Elphenor
Braindead

yeah I'm speechless how can anyone be so goddamn stupid

Old 03-05-2016, 08:04 PM   #1011
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:

"He's an outsider, he's not them, he's not part of the club, he's uncontrollable. He has not been through the initiation rites, he did not belong to the secret society"

Jesus Christ, it's like these morons don't even try to hide it anymore.

Old 03-06-2016, 02:07 PM   #1012
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

FTR the economy is not in shambles. The economy is doing well. Real wages are in shambles. And more chroney capitalism won't fix that. In that regard Trump is a typical Republican.

Old 03-06-2016, 02:10 PM   #1013
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Government isn't a business. The qualities that make men successful businessmen do very little to make them good politicians. In fact, it typically makes them terrible politicians.

Old 03-06-2016, 03:22 PM   #1014
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
herbert hoover was a businessman
Bring on the second great depression

btw let's all take a moment from the holy day to consider this absolutely nightmarish, book of Revelations apocalyptic freakshow of a presidential candidate. I'd vote Clinton over him just to stave off armageddon

Old 03-06-2016, 03:24 PM   #1015
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:

You mean like this: ?

Old 03-06-2016, 09:11 PM   #1016
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
Bring on the second great depression

btw let's all take a moment from the holy day to consider this absolutely nightmarish, book of Revelations apocalyptic freakshow of a presidential candidate. I'd vote Clinton over him just to stave off armageddon
the fuck

Old 03-07-2016, 12:48 AM   #1017
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
It's just a lack of political education and can you blame them our public schools don't teach shit about politics or economics

You get the most half assed civics course that's half a semester and harder to fail than Physical Education and that's the extend of what our education system deems necessary to preserve our democracy

Also an economics course that's just a semester of masterbating over Capitalism. No joke there was a video that students at my school were made to watch in this class that was specifically about Donald Trump being a genius

This was between the 4 or so Stossel videos we were subjected to
it's more than that. although Trump supporters split along certain lines like lower education levels, that is conservatives in general as well. It's hard to actually find a single factor that predicts Trump support. Politico has a supportable guess though:

The One Trait That Predicts Whether You're A Trump Supporter – Authoritarian Inclination

Old 03-07-2016, 12:53 AM   #1018
redbreegull

IMO the left is partly guilty for creating this super breed of raging frothy white anger as well. As the conservatives have preyed on disenfranchised white america for decades, liberals have not only made no attempt to reach out to this group which in any other skin color would seem like a natural alliance, they have basically made them into a huge joke to laugh at and scorn. Even in this age of hyper language policing and political correctness for the sake of being respectful and trying to empower those who have been left behind etc etc, it's still totally socially acceptable to rag on poor whites and poor white culture. Then when poor white people express total non-understanding at ideas of racial privilege for example, the result is just an even bigger backlash of scorn and disdain from the academic left that essentially boils down to, "How stupid are you? Get a fucking education you hicks."

Old 03-07-2016, 01:09 AM   #1019
Order 66
Socialphobic

why would they reach out a group at the complete opposite of the ideological spectrum. not like these people are going to compromise on god, guns, ect if only we could just reach across the aisle

Old 03-07-2016, 01:32 AM   #1020
redbreegull

I can't tell if you're being serious or ironic to prove my point

there are people in west virginia who have been drinking water poisoned with lime for literally decades. where is the liberal outcry to protect their children?