Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2018, 07:56 PM   #31
T&T
Socialphobic

it just sounds like a ritardando, he slows down but intentionally. and then back to tempo primo

Old 01-29-2018, 08:06 PM   #32
russticles
Demi-God

Woah, I don't think I've noticed that in that song before, which is probably why it made it through? Maybe they forgot to edit/punch in the correct take.

Anyone else feel Neverlost has a few drum mistakes? There's a few missed snare hits since Jimmy's aiming mainly for shallow rimshots and hits the rim more than the drum head (mainly in second verse), and that transition into the bridge at 2:16 just sounds lazy/lags. How's that human element ayy

Old 01-30-2018, 04:09 AM   #33
whir
Pledge

I don't recall so but was it ever played live?

Old 01-30-2018, 04:14 AM   #34
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whir View Post
was it ever played live?

>>>

Old 01-30-2018, 10:07 AM   #35
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

I forgot about them playing this song at the residencies. Every night, we hoped for "Mayoniase," "Eye," or "Geek USA." We got "In My Body," "Heavy Metal Machine," and one brief tease of "By Starlight" with Strawberry.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:14 AM   #36
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

that show with in my body also had tafh, fuck you, and rotten apples

Old 01-30-2018, 11:00 AM   #37
jparker800
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
it just sounds like a ritardando, he slows down but intentionally. and then back to tempo primo
Yeah, I think you may be right about the ritardando. After some youtube research I found something similar.

Last edited by jparker800 : 01-30-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:24 AM   #38
Insight_Scoop
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
I forgot about them playing this song at the residencies. Every night, we hoped for "Mayoniase," "Eye," or "Geek USA." We got "In My Body," "Heavy Metal Machine," and one brief tease of "By Starlight" with Strawberry.
Seemed like 2007 was fairly heavy on Machina stuff. Like Lucky 13 and Glass and the Ghost Children. Very weird. Kind of interesting though because it was sort of as if they were picking up directly after that album instead of Zwan and solo projects.

All they had to do was whip out Geek, Mayo, or even something like Quiet early on and people would have been significantly happier with those shows.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:13 PM   #39
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
that show with in my body also had tafh, fuck you, and rotten apples
Sweet. IIRC, it was the Asheville show you went to. How'd you like the setlist?

Old 01-30-2018, 04:05 PM   #40
whir
Pledge

Thank you for sharing the videos.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:43 PM   #41
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight_Scoop View Post
Seemed like 2007 was fairly heavy on Machina stuff. Like Lucky 13 and Glass and the Ghost Children. Very weird. Kind of interesting though because it was sort of as if they were picking up directly after that album instead of Zwan and solo projects.
I think Billy was continuing his theme of "rock star as a prophet" - or at least a type of spiritual healer in a new take on Christian Rock. I think the dude has a pretty solid conceptual framework going on that he never explains directly.

I mean, in Tarantula, he's using the same code words as on Machina. "Freeze frame the pouring RAIN / We are the real, as real as any GHOST".

It's something along the lines of him trying to reach the "real" in people (ghosts) through the "rain" of profane symbols and false images. Rain falls on everyone, ya know.

It's a real rabbit hole.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:45 PM   #42
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post
Sweet. IIRC, it was the Asheville show you went to. How'd you like the setlist?
honestly it's the best concert i've ever seen, ever. a lot of that was the venue, and the crowd. i was on zero drugs and it felt like we all merged into some gigantic superfan hivemind, especially near the end. as soon as the first notes of TAFH started everyone went mental. it also helped that there were no really long jam songs played besides united states and silverfuck. i love gossamer and GATGC but they can really kill the hype. also, the album hadn't been released yet but the live version were out so i already knew the album songs and i hadn't heard them ruined yet. that helped.

im sure the fact that i drove 20 hours to get there adds to my rose-tint memory but it really was like no other concert i've ever been to. not that i've been to tons, probably like 30, with 6 or so being SP/BC. i went with this super-burnout guy who was also (in retrospect) a compulsive liar, but we lost track of each other near the beginning of the show and that was definitely for the best. while we were in line he was telling stories about doing heroin with umm i think iggy pop? lol, sure dude. he's probably dead at this point, unfortunately i don't remember his last name. he did lots of drugs and was burned himself with cigs and all of that (so did i but this was like an everyday compulsion for him). he did really like the show and he took all the album rips i had brought with me to listen to in the car. whenever we hung out (which was mostly before this, at this point he had moved to melbourne FL which was on the way to asheville) he always had a backpack filled with beer and antacids. :/

Old 01-30-2018, 10:17 PM   #43
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
the album hadn't been released yet but the live version were out so i already knew the album songs and i hadn't heard them ruined yet. that helped.
what a good and sad point