Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > Music News and Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2015, 06:37 AM   #31
vixnix
Socialphobic

SHe's a terrible pianist, her songwriting is just a big cringefest. I don't care about people not being quiet and polite, but people like Tori Amos and Joanna Newsom kind of set the bar quite high, and instead of aiming for it, Amanda Palmer just slums it in total mediocrity and makes her point of difference, her appearance and the nature of her shows.

I mean great, fine, be a freakshow performer, that's fine. But for God's sake just stop writing and releasing this terrible music, you total gobshite.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:03 AM   #32
buzzard
Minion of Satan

It may be worth pointing out that she cut her teeth as one of those people that put on a costume and remain relatively motionless in public spaces for loose change.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:18 AM   #33
vixnix
Socialphobic

quelle surprise

Old 12-06-2015, 07:21 AM   #34
vixnix
Socialphobic

For what it's worth, I broached the subject of mandatory pegging with my husband and he said he thought it was a bad idea. Then he said it was the worst idea he'd ever heard. Then he said the woman that came up with that idea should go to jail because it was a hate crime to suggest it.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:01 AM   #35
Rairun
Ownz

Mandatory pegging, sure, because mandatory anything is rape. It's a bit concerning that he seems to think that pegging makes the offense more serious somehow. I hope I'm just misreading this and he's not that much of a creep (to put it gently).

Old 12-06-2015, 08:19 AM   #36
fuzzyroes
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
For what it's worth, I broached the subject of mandatory pegging with my husband and he said he thought it was a bad idea. Then he said it was the worst idea he'd ever heard. Then he said the woman that came up with that idea should go to jail because it was a hate crime to suggest it.
You sound pretty down on your husband Vix . Has the romance completely fizzled out?

Old 12-06-2015, 09:54 AM   #37
vixnix
Socialphobic

I dunno. No, there's not much romance left. It's sort of embarrassing at this stage. It's our 10 year wedding anniversary next month. But I'm not down on him for not liking the idea of being pegged. I mean I don't want to peg him, the whole idea skeeves me out.

Old 12-06-2015, 10:04 AM   #38
fuzzyroes
Braindead

Yeah, I just mean in general regarding how you've mentioned him to us lately, sitting around in his underwear and all that.

As long as theres some mutual attraction left you guys will be fine though. He may be so stuck in his rut that he doesn't even realize that his romantic side has left his persona. Perhaps some couples therapy might do you guys some good?

10 years is definitely something special, and if you were to "go on a break" or something like that you'd likely miss him to death in an instance.

Old 12-06-2015, 10:07 AM   #39
fuzzyroes
Braindead

"persona" is the wrong word I'm thinking of... But people get so stuck in their mutual routines and get so desensitized by the tepid day after day rituals of their "lives" that it's easy to let your inner spark wane... or sometimes even die... But it can always be reignited, that's the important thing to remember

Old 12-06-2015, 10:13 AM   #40
Elphenor
Braindead

Fuzz is totally qualified to give this advice given his probably zero experience

Old 12-06-2015, 10:21 AM   #41
vixnix
Socialphobic

He sits in his underpants because he works 9-5 and sometimes 9-10 or 11, 5 days a week, every week (apart from annual leave and public holidays) to provide enough for our family to have everything we want and need. After that, I guess he figures he can sit on the couch and ask his wife to rub his crotch for good luck. And he's right.

But you know, it doesn't mean I want to touch him at all, when he does that. 2 sides to every story, etc.

Old 12-06-2015, 10:23 AM   #42
fuzzyroes
Braindead

@ Elph

Heh! look who's talking? the 20 year old, know it all, "post-punker". You may not realize it now, but with age comes wisdom, and with wisdom comes common circumstances.

Old 12-06-2015, 10:28 AM   #43
Elphenor
Braindead

supposedly but you're living evidence to the contrary

Old 12-06-2015, 10:28 AM   #44
fuzzyroes
Braindead

Quote:
He sits in his underpants because he works 9-5 and sometimes 9-10 or 11, 5 days a week, every week (apart from annual leave and public holidays) to provide enough for our family to have everything we want and need. After that, I guess he figures he can sit on the couch and ask his wife to rub his crotch for good luck. And he's right.

But you know, it doesn't mean I want to touch him at all, when he does that. 2 sides to every story, etc.
Well providing for a family is a noble deed. And letting a provider know it's appreciated in 1 way or another is important... But that still relies on the fact that even though the romance is waning, you're still attracted to him and wanna provide for his desires.

If the attraction is gone, you might have a problem

Old 12-06-2015, 10:28 AM   #45
Elphenor
Braindead

I'm 21 yo

Old 12-06-2015, 10:29 AM   #46
fuzzyroes
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
supposedly but you're living evidence to the contrary
Stop trying to bait me man. I was 20 once, every 20 year old thinks he's the shit while he lives it up and everyone older with a little perspective is just a "jaded fool who doesn't know shit".

Old 12-06-2015, 10:30 AM   #47
fuzzyroes
Braindead

And believe me man, the carefree, living it up, ecstasy of being 20-21 doesn't last forever, and gets spiritually tiring quicker than you'd ever think to imagine.

Old 12-06-2015, 10:32 AM   #48
fuzzyroes
Braindead

I still party and live it up though, It just ain't as cool to be doing when you're pushing 30 as it was 10 years ago and the women who think it's cool get less and less with every passing year

Old 12-06-2015, 10:34 AM   #49
Elphenor
Braindead

You certainly match the quotation enclosed phrase idk about "everyone older"

Old 12-06-2015, 10:41 AM   #50
fuzzyroes
Braindead

You're a poser man, go crank up some Lorde(we all know how you love listening to that) and whack-off to the girls on "Friends" on your little 19' television screen in your stinky little bedroom

Old 12-06-2015, 05:40 PM   #51
Elphenor
Braindead

Friends?

But you're the one stuck in the 90's...

Old 12-07-2015, 12:58 AM   #52
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

in my experience the only thing that truly changes as people get older is a better social awareness of how you come across to others as the way people look at you starts to matter more and more. I'm in my late 20s now and I keep waiting for everyone to like grow up or something but as I pull myself together from the total mess I was when I was younger, I've finally realized most people have always been and will always be stupid, uncritical, immature, spiteful, uninformed, and forever convinced that something special about their station in life (age for instance) makes them better and smarter than others.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:26 AM   #53
FoolofaTook
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
in my experience the only thing that truly changes as people get older...
in your experience as "people"?

?

Old 12-07-2015, 11:44 AM   #54
Run To Me
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
It was Dan Savage, actually: a man.

Old 12-07-2015, 03:43 PM   #55
FoolofaTook
Immortal

A man with a very, very worn rectum.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:37 PM   #56
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

Fuck her stupid eyebrows. I don't care for her music but her eyebrows or eyebrow tattoos make me cringe every time I see a picture of her or even just see her mentioned somewhere. EVERY FUCKING TIME.

Old 12-23-2015, 01:16 AM   #57
MyKeyZ
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
Dresden dolls opening for NIN was tucking righteous. War pigs cover leveled mountains
I saw this tour when it came to NYC and have to agree. Their War Pigs cover was pretty damn good. They also did a cover of "Karma Police" with the drummer of NIN at the time. But I'm not a huge fan of the Dresden Dolls.

Old 12-23-2015, 06:30 AM   #58
East Rocket
Ownz

A few years ago she raised over a million on kickstarter to support her album then didn't pay local musicians who performed with the backing band. Instead they got beer, hugs/high-fives, merch, and thank yous. After a pretty harsh backlash (Steve Albini's response is pretty point on) I think she started paying them.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:38 PM   #59
vixnix
Socialphobic

that does not surprise me in the least. She probably spent the rest of the money on really tasteless leather clothing and goth makeup.

Old 12-24-2015, 03:21 PM   #60
FoolofaTook
Immortal

you mean like catwoman (god bless her)?

tasteless leather clothing and goth makeup can be super hot, fool