Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2015, 03:52 PM   #31
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Wasn't sugar rays singer (mark mcGrath iirc) a notorious whore? Like it was the 1st thing to be mentioned about him there for awhile it seemed

Old 12-07-2015, 03:53 PM   #32
run2pee
Minion of Satan

I also like the one where it's that circular vaguely Spanish sounding arpeggio on a nylon stringed acoustic and it's like "you were always there for me"

Old 12-09-2015, 10:02 PM   #33
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
Oh fuck how did this turn into a Sugar Ray thread? Shouldn't you be posting this Sugar Ray garbage in your own thread where you talk to yourself and post videos of lame bands? Incubus are actually a good band. You have no business being in here.
wow, uncharacteristically nasty post from C. Wheel

Old 12-09-2015, 10:06 PM   #34
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsoncrusoe View Post
Deftones use of a DJ was much more better IMO. Adding atmosphere instead of just scratching for the fuck of it. Deftones are not nu-metal either. That's like saying pumpkins are grunge.
i'm a pretty big fan of deftones, & i wasn't really calling them "nu-metal," but they were definitely part of that gang during the late 90s/early 00s & whatnot - i've just never really been able to make out what exactly the supposed dj does in their music a lot of the time, aside from songs like "teenager" & that remix of "drive" (both of which are excellent)

i'm not saying he's no good, i just don't hear where he's utilized a lot of the time in their music
maybe i've missed something blatantly obvious all these years thinking it was steph or something, but fuck!

Old 12-10-2015, 04:53 PM   #35
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i used to listen to system of a down

Old 12-14-2015, 04:35 PM   #36
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

of your mother's anal cavity?

Old 12-22-2015, 09:34 AM   #37
professional wannabe
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
SCIENCE to me is kind of an acquired taste. It's not Brandon's best showcase as a singer and also there are way too many nu metal cliches on it. It's kind of before they became refined and ambitious.
I'd agree, it is an acquired taste. But it is an interesting glimpse of how their songs were once more unique, and IMO is a must listen for anyone going through listening to all of Incubus' albums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
No way man. Smash Mouth was a one-trick pony. Plus all of their hits aside from 2 songs are lame covers.

Sugar Ray had a bit of a variety to their sound until the record company insisted that everyone of their songs had to be in the ilk of Fly... Not saying Sugar Ray wasn't likely ecstatic to go along with it, but theres more in their repertoire

Yep, I'd totally agree about Smash Mouth and Sugar Ray. I need to give Deftones albums a fuller listen, since I finally did that with other bands such as System of a Down, and can like it when I'm in the right mood to listen to it. A la Kill Hannah(it's sad to think on a side note they finally did their last ever shows at Metro days ago, though I don't blame band members for wanting to move on), etc.

Weird to think it's been so many years since I last posted on Netphoria, too. I may as well give this site another shot, mainly since the music board is interesting at times.