Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2015, 12:18 AM   #31
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

idk man I was, like, seventeen when i first heard Black Sabbath the album and I was pretty much like "holy shit" straight off the bat. But then that riff is one of the heaviest riffs they ever wrote.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:20 AM   #32
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
It's the nature of the beast. No one today turns on Sabbath and thinks "holy shit! I can't believe how heavy this is!" but back in the day that had to have been as intense and heavy as it got, it's why a lot of people still consider Black Sabbath as heavy metal.
I was talking to this guitarist at a party recently, and he was saying he finally decided to check out some classic rock which he had never been exposed to, and how bad he thought it all was. His comment on Sabbath was, "Like I don't get it. They sound like the Black Keys."

Old 11-05-2015, 12:22 AM   #33
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
idk man I was, like, seventeen when i first heard Black Sabbath the album and I was pretty much like "holy shit" straight off the bat. But then that riff is one of the heaviest riffs they ever wrote.
I don't get it either, Sabbath still brings it. Adding more screaming and layers of ibanez guitars does not a heavier band make.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:28 AM   #34
fuzzyroes
Banned

Sabbath is great, don't get me wrong, but it's understandable why peoples minds aren't blown the way they were in like 1970 when the group blew peoples minds

Old 11-05-2015, 12:29 AM   #35
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I was talking to this guitarist at a party recently, and he was saying he finally decided to check out some classic rock which he had never been exposed to, and how bad he thought it all was. His comment on Sabbath was, "Like I don't get it. They sound like the Black Keys."
haha oh fuckkkkkkkk, that's gotta be the worst insult ever

Old 11-05-2015, 12:30 AM   #36
fuzzyroes
Banned

I like that Jack White doesn't hold back from tearing that band a new one... Total JW rip-offs

Old 11-05-2015, 12:37 AM   #37
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Sabbath is great, don't get me wrong, but it's understandable why peoples minds aren't blown the way they were in like 1970 when the group blew peoples minds
yeah, I do understand it, but ultimately it's ignorant of the context. it's no different than trying to get someone to play a great game from an old game system and them getting stuck on, "These graphics sucks."

Old 11-05-2015, 12:53 AM   #38
fuzzyroes
Banned

Definitely true, but on the same token Super Mario Brothers or Double Dragon isn't gonna seem anywhere near as intense and fun as it did when there was no better alternatives

Old 11-05-2015, 02:18 AM   #39
redbreegull

Banjo-Kazooie for lyfe

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20080512011156