Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2018, 06:21 AM   #391
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
Billy's dad pisses me off so much. How passive aggressive is it to be a successful rock star and have your dad (who you somehow think is a better rock star) tell you your fans are calling you fat. How about you just keep your fucking trap shut?

I can't believe Billy was recently dealing with his dad not showing an interest in his grandson. You share a stage with Bowie and your dad is still a prick.
you remind me of my father.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:35 AM   #392
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Old 07-23-2018, 07:36 AM   #393
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

These corgan family seems highly damaged

Old 07-24-2018, 12:49 AM   #394
SlingeroGuitaro
Starbucks addicted minion

Tonight's 'ask ______' a question on the instagram page was 'ask BC's crooked teeth'*

I asked 'cant you stand up straight?' Cuz you know, crooked...And got blocked. Lulz.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:51 AM   #395
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down

It’s NOT creepy to post someone, who wrecked his face with a Smashing Pumpkins tattoo, while talking about getting professional help for mental issues… #sketchup

We're currently on a 12 hour bus ride from Atlanta to Miami. Which means one is given much time to think. Firstly, let me say in regards to my recent posts about self-esteem, battling through negativity and so on (which if you read those posts you can empathize with me why they are hard to characterize) that I am absolutely floored by the response I have received, both in private and thru DM's, of those that are ailing. Perhaps it was the right tone, or that I managed to talk about such difficult things with a frank, yet positive honesty that triggered this outpouring, but I'd be remiss to not follow this up in some way that feels productive. And instead of going on as I'm won't to do, let's keep it simple... If you are hurting, overwhelmed, or feel like you can't make it, please seek professional help. Trust me when I say this: what seems like weakness to the hurting mind and heart is actually STRENGTH and COURAGE. Do not doubt this. Just raise your hand and say 'I can't do this alone.'. And turn to someone you trust... If you feel alone or are alone, that may be a symptom of a deeper condition where you've isolated yourself for self-protection but have taken it roo far. This I say from experience, as strange as it may seem to some. For there have been many days-weeks-months where I saw few and had little social contact, as I was so ashamed at my condition (and by condition I mean where I just couldn't maintain my place in the world comfortably without either compromise or faking it). Last thing (for now): there is no magic solution to what ails you. No one wants to live in a house built in a few hours. In my opinion, and it's just my opinion, a positive, happy, and rewarding life takes time to build. Brick by brick, nail by nail. So I'm not here to sell you anything but a map that might take you from here to there. When people ask, I cite God as what saved me, but they get lost in that (you know, the typical religious bs). God to me is just Love. So if you have a religious hangup, then Love saved me. And Love is like ketchup, it works on everything. So BE Love, ACCEPT Love, and OFFER Love to those in need. Even if the person in need is YOU.

Ein Beitrag geteilt von WilliamPatrickCorgan (@williampcorgan) am

Old 07-24-2018, 10:31 AM   #396
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

taken it roo far

i'm not here to sell you anything...

anyone want to pay me to sign my own vinyl for xmas? i'll write your name!

Old 07-25-2018, 07:44 AM   #397
jparker800
Pledge

I’m truly thankful for the transparency Billy has shown in these last three posts. And equally thankful he’s using his platform to encourage those who are hurting. This level of transparency is what connected me to the pumpkins music all those years ago. More of this please.

Old 07-25-2018, 12:12 PM   #398
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

God's unorganized child

I was raised Catholic, and when you tell people that in modern America it becomes 'guilt by association'. Where the sins of the church, and they are legion, become of you. Yet many are surprised to hear that I rejected the church at age 8, and that is no lie. Now, I'm no theologian, but to my knowledge Jesus the Christ never spoke of forming a church headed by an anointed Pope. Yet he did muse how communion with one another, or with Mother Nature would help you find salvation. And so in that I did accept Jesus as my guide, and light out of the darkness. Which if you are looking for classification makes me more of a gnostic or pagan than a Christian. Why share all this? Because it forms a certain kind of lens by which I can demonstrate for you how I have (thus far) survived the storms of crippling self-doubt, weaponized negativity, suicidal impulses, and what I perceive as the enemy (or, that which stands against me; be it real, phantom, or ghost). So if you can get behind the dogma (let's call it 'my religion') and my story (which we are all entitled to as a story wholly our own), there might be something valuable for you in the ruins of my mind. And again, and I must say this, I am no victim, nor do I want anyone's sympathy. Empathy I'll take, for that is human kindness (to care). So my story is like a cartoon we can slow down and run in reverse. But it is no more important, nor will it ever be, than YOUR story. And claiming your own story is critical to this equation I'd like to lay out for you over time. So here's the jumping off point: the person you know as 'Billy Corgan' isn't real. But you are speaking to his author. Lastly, the messages keep pouring in of those touched by these more reflective posts. Each one I've read makes me want to praise whomever runs this Universe for choosing this warbly singer as their instrument for healing. It truly is humbling. So if you're ailing, I pray for you to find peace. Rich or impoverished, famous or hidden, each deserve's God's Love. For man (in the biblical use of the word) is a piss poor judge.

Ein Beitrag geteilt von WilliamPatrickCorgan (@williampcorgan) am

Old 07-25-2018, 12:16 PM   #399
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

coming off a big narcissistic w/r/t being a healer of men or whatever, but overall seems like he is in a good place

Old 07-25-2018, 12:40 PM   #400
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

probs back on the hash bon bons

Old 07-25-2018, 04:57 PM   #401
Gooch
Apocalyptic Poster

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!!!!

Billy, tell the person who's your author to release the Machina Reissues!! DO IT! If you cant convince him, trick him into doing it!

I believe in you.

Last edited by Gooch : 07-25-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:07 PM   #402
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

I like what he’s saying *shrug*

Old 07-25-2018, 05:25 PM   #403
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Red face

I'm surprised to admit I'm digging it too, even though I'm convinced he's just slowly copying and pasting the entirety of his manuscript for From There to Here

Old 07-25-2018, 08:39 PM   #404
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

color me underwhelmed. more self-referential word salad nothingness

Old 07-25-2018, 09:05 PM   #405
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
it's a cycle...if you want to believe he's changed, you can, but he hasn't. because he is so damaged inside that he is never himself - there is not a self to love. so thanks for the false epiphany, but the cycle will go on and we'll hear about some behavior that does not align with this enlightenment soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
he's just high on narcissistic supply right now (tour, fans and friends).
This 1000x

Old 07-25-2018, 09:08 PM   #406
fuzzyroes
Banned

Wow, Billy seems like he's in a great place. Great to see him feeling confident and reaching out to his followers again.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:08 PM   #407
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Biggest trick of the narcissist is to say all the right words to make you feel they truly get it and are humbled and will change and will stop hurting you

Old 07-25-2018, 09:28 PM   #408
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Biggest trick of the narcissist is to say all the right words to make you feel they truly get it and are humbled and will change and will stop hurting you
Where did you get your psychiatric degree from?

Old 07-25-2018, 09:44 PM   #409
Shallowed
Braindead

First of all; I have a masters in "Modern Psychology" which consisted of 9 classes/courses. During my three years of study, six of these courses we're linear to the "Psychiatric" study. When I finished, I decided to take the remainder three classes that originally separated psychology and psychiatry, in order to be able to work in the field of psychiatry as well. This only took one additional year.

Old 07-25-2018, 10:05 PM   #410
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Hate to break it to y'all, but Billy isn't a true narcissist.

Old 07-25-2018, 10:09 PM   #411
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
First of all; I have a masters in "Modern Psychology" which consisted of 9 classes/courses. During my three years of study, six of these courses we're linear to the "Psychiatric" study. When I finished, I decided to take the remainder three classes that originally separated psychology and psychiatry, in order to be able to work in the field of psychiatry as well. This only took one additional year.
bahahaha

Old 07-25-2018, 10:19 PM   #412
myosis
Minion of Satan

who said that?

Old 07-25-2018, 10:19 PM   #413
myosis
Minion of Satan

psychiatrists around here are medical doctors

Old 07-25-2018, 10:33 PM   #414
jparker800
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
Hate to break it to y'all, but Billy isn't a true narcissist.
This doesn't fit in neatly with the popular narrative here, so it will continue to go ignored.

Old 07-25-2018, 10:36 PM   #415
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
Where did you get your psychiatric degree from?
From my dad

Kindly eat his ass, and fuck off thanks

Old 07-25-2018, 10:37 PM   #416
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Feel sad for all y’all roped in by this who will get inevitably burned again

How do you keep it up this blind worship, this bruising cycle

Old 07-25-2018, 10:49 PM   #417
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Feel sad for all y’all roped in by this who will get inevitably burned again

How do you keep it up this blind worship, this bruising cycle
The only ones roped into anything are people like you.

There is no substantial evidence of anything insincere from these posts. It's just you making accusations and it says more about you than anything else.

It's people like you that not only won't support the band, but secretly want them to fail. Just move on already if you don't wanna be apart of the ride any longer.

Old 07-25-2018, 10:56 PM   #418
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Well "people like you" must be about 90% of netphoria

Old 07-25-2018, 11:01 PM   #419
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

run to me wins cause opponent uses term 'people like you'

Old 07-25-2018, 11:02 PM   #420
Shallowed
Braindead

roped in by what?