Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2019, 11:25 PM   #3901
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
unironically fuck yeah same here billy. streaming is bullshit.

Old 12-07-2019, 11:37 AM   #3902
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

del

Old 12-07-2019, 12:33 PM   #3903
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

taco?

Old 12-08-2019, 03:20 AM   #3904
bright_doom
Ownz

IMPORTANT NEWS Regarding Shiny And Oh So Bright Volume II

Old 12-08-2019, 06:28 AM   #3905
Shallowed
Braindead

He's in a bad mood.

Old 12-08-2019, 07:11 AM   #3906
bright_doom
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
He's in a bad mood.
For 52 years.

Old 12-08-2019, 07:22 AM   #3907
FoolofaTook

Old 12-08-2019, 08:33 AM   #3909
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

“Oh geez, you dared to express a personal opinion about my work on the platform where I solicit fan interaction and it wasn’t to my liking, guess you want to get blocked”. Billy you’re such a tool and
Cotillions is a bore, skck.

Old 12-08-2019, 09:03 AM   #3910
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

At this rate he’s eventually going to end up opening these just to respond “why are you asking me questions???” to all of them

Old 12-08-2019, 09:50 AM   #3911
fuzzyroes
Banned

To be fair, it's gotta suck being an artist and having people ask you about your 20-25 year old work all the time, especially considering all the new music he's put out.

Old 12-08-2019, 09:52 AM   #3912
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

but also considering the fact that he willfully encourages people asking him questions about anything they want to on Instagram

Old 12-09-2019, 06:26 AM   #3913
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
To be fair, it's gotta suck being an artist and having people ask you about your 20-25 year old work all the time, especially considering all the new music he's put out.
But if the new music at least sounded something like the old work we wouldn't mind so much and would be excited about the new music and ask him about the new music.

Old 12-09-2019, 01:21 PM   #3914
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
It's kinda what happens when the work you've done in the last 20 to 25 years comes nowhere near the quality of your 20-25 year old work.

Perhaps he should stop seeking questions from fans then. Or just be appreciative of the fact that people love something you have created, even if it's something from 25 years ago. You're lucky to have made an impact at all. Unless he just wants nonstop asskissing and praise 24/7.

How fast he is knocking out songs for SAOSB V2/3 sure doesn't give me any hope. Some bands work several months or years on an album whereas now Billy knocks it out in a month... a double album on top of that. Honestly, Billy probably shouldn't be doing a V2 and V3 and instead only select the best 12 of the 20 something tracks for one solid album, if possible.

Last edited by MyKeyZ : 12-09-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Old 12-09-2019, 01:59 PM   #3915
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Yeah

But even if it sucks

There’s this little thing called not being a constantly toxic narcissistic abusive asshole to the ppl that pay your fucken bills

A modicum of respect for others would go a long way toward humanizing bill. But he’s clearly in the darkness of his sickness right now. Best we can hope for is some of that bleeds into the music.

But who knows if he’s even capable of connecting how he feels to how things sound, anymore

Old 12-09-2019, 03:26 PM   #3916
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyZ View Post
How fast he is knocking out songs for SAOSB V2/3 sure doesn't give me any hope. Some bands work several months or years on an album whereas now Billy knocks it out in a month... a double album on top of that. Honestly, Billy probably shouldn't be doing a V2 and V3 and instead only select the best 12 of the 20 something tracks for one solid album, if possible.
i disagree, spontaneity is something i think could greatly benefit the band, provided it's not solely relegated to rushing songs or some shit then they just over-produce some not-great tunes (i.e. most of volume 1)

Cotillions seemed to be solid tunes produced without much over-analysis, if the next Shinys fit that kinda description at all they just may be worth a spin!

Old 12-09-2019, 06:22 PM   #3917
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
How? Why?

This is a Billy thing. Plenty of artists appreciate people care about their work, and understand that some of their work resonates with more people. It’s massively fucking entitled, arrogant, egotistical to chastise your audience for not liking your recent output or for not voicing the “right” opinion.

Bill clearly focuses too much on the negative feedback and lets it affect him personally, which would honestly make me feel some empathy for him - if he wasn’t being such a dick to fans.

Old 12-09-2019, 06:37 PM   #3918
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

What percentage of the discussion on this board do you think has been devoted to quantifying exactly how much and in what way Billy is a dick to people in a thousand different circumstances

It's gotta be at least like 60%, right

If you choose to extend that to cover him not listening to anyone in the studio I'd say we're riding high at like 80%

If we were scientists studying rats they would've pulled our funding like ten years ago

Old 12-09-2019, 06:39 PM   #3919
FoolofaTook

there's this one dude who likes boris and tsp too. he also knows netphoria.

he called it a "garbage heap."

lol?

Old 12-09-2019, 07:12 PM   #3920
bright_doom
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
But he’s clearly in the darkness of his sickness right now. Best we can hope for is some of that bleeds into the music.

Old 12-09-2019, 07:17 PM   #3921
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
there's this one dude who likes boris and tsp too. he also knows netphoria.

he called it a "garbage heap."

lol?
probably visited it back in the 00s or something, what with all the ads & (even) heav(ier) trolling etc

now it's more of a light collection of trash scattered throughout the alleyway

Old 12-09-2019, 08:31 PM   #3922
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
How? Why?

This is a Billy thing. Plenty of artists appreciate people care about their work, and understand that some of their work resonates with more people. It’s massively fucking entitled, arrogant, egotistical to chastise your audience for not liking your recent output or for not voicing the “right” opinion.

Bill clearly focuses too much on the negative feedback and lets it affect him personally, which would honestly make me feel some empathy for him - if he wasn’t being such a dick to fans.
++++++

seeing as i'm not gonna be in chicago for 6 weeks i'd just like to say 'fuck the sun times!'

Old 12-10-2019, 12:59 AM   #3923
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
probably visited it back in the 00s or something, what with all the ads & (even) heav(ier) trolling etc

now it's more of a light collection of trash scattered throughout the alleyway
true true

he must of missed the glory days of the golden age of marola

the epic rap battle betwixt fuzztard and rbg

and the rise and fall of one corgan's bluff aka darcy's "germane sheperd"

took's immanent senescence

etc.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:24 PM   #3924
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
But if the new music at least sounded something like the old work we wouldn't mind so much and would be excited about the new music and ask him about the new music.
We all know that his output in the last 15 years has lacked inspiration, but from a personal standpoint, it's still gotta be annoying for one to always talk about ones life from so long ago. Can you imagine having to always talk about your life from 20-25 years ago? Wouldn't be desirable for one who lived the funnest life in that period, not to mention a man who's went through as much drama as Billy has

Old 12-10-2019, 08:27 PM   #3925
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyZ View Post
It's kinda what happens when the work you've done in the last 20 to 25 years comes nowhere near the quality of your 20-25 year old work.

Perhaps he should stop seeking questions from fans then. Or just be appreciative of the fact that people love something you have created, even if it's something from 25 years ago. You're lucky to have made an impact at all. Unless he just wants nonstop asskissing and praise 24/7.

Great points. It's especially rich for him to complain about it after cashing in on the back of 2 years of reunion greatest hits tours. But still, one can empathize with his annoyance.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:43 PM   #3926
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
How? Why?

I dunno man. It's hard to think of a 90's band still around who rely so strongly on a 2 album stretch. That's gotta get old fairly quickly, especially considering the death of Melvoin, the affair with Courtney Love/ Kurt killing himself or being murdered and all the other trauma that happened during that stretch

Old 12-12-2019, 03:43 AM   #3927
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

It is hard to believe we're still interested in a band that took a permanent downturn in 1996, 23 long years ago.

Old 12-13-2019, 03:42 PM   #3928
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

I’m just interested in the train wreck. It’s truly fascinating.

Watching Corgan mismanage his career since 1996 has been like watching someone win the lottery and then promptly fall down a flight of stairs. In slow motion. For 23 years straight.

Last edited by johncg : 12-13-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Old 12-13-2019, 10:02 PM   #3929
fuzzyroes
Banned

I think Corgan was always motivated by lollipops and fancy pants and the moment he reached peak status he realized that it didn't solve his problems and that he was still miserable and so his artistic drive officially died.

He's been trying to recreate the magic and stay current and all of that, but his heart just isn't in it. The money that he makes off of the back of touring the old material makes it worth it to stick around and do the rounds, but one would be a fool to argue against the fact that he's simply going through the motions.

Old 12-14-2019, 12:25 AM   #3930
Shallowed
Braindead

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
It is hard to believe we're still interested in a band that took a permanent downturn in 1996, 23 long years ago.
Imagine if instead of touring so relentlessly on Mellon Collie they put Jimmy into rehab and went on vacation for like a year.

It's kind of insane, and even pretty insensitive, that they continued touring after Jonathan Melvoin died on their watch.

Last edited by Shallowed : 12-14-2019 at 01:28 AM.