Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > Music News and Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2006, 03:53 PM   #121
Andy /

Solo-acoustic Porch was pretty sweet- one of the few things I was hoping to get in that stretch of shows. I haven't looked for it yet, though.

Old 08-02-2006, 04:23 PM   #122
Andy /

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristHimself!
awesome! thankyou sir, downloading now! +rape
Let me know what you think of it when you get the chance to listen to it.

Old 08-02-2006, 04:33 PM   #123
Andy /

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel Logic
I can't find it anywhere. Would you mind ysi-ing it?
hxxp://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=AE340A6766DF53AA

Quote:
And does anyone have Live At Easy Street? I want to order that but was wondering first if it was any good.
The sound quality is the most disappointing thing about it. Not as bad as the NYE show packed with 10C copies of the new album, but still not very good. But I love live versions of 1/2 Full, so for me it was worth it for that alone. The covers are interesting enough, too.

Old 08-02-2006, 05:15 PM   #124
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySlash
hxxp://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=AE340A6766DF53AA

The sound quality is the most disappointing thing about it. Not as bad as the NYE show packed with 10C copies of the new album, but still not very good.
Jesus, why pick that show? I mean I know it's "iconic" and there's Dirty Frank and all obut I have better audience recorded boots from that era

Old 08-02-2006, 05:17 PM   #125
Nimrod's Son

Quote:

The sound quality is the most disappointing thing about it.
btw, check the reviews

Old 08-02-2006, 05:18 PM   #126
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster

Does PJ have any sites like RSPAA where you can dl bootlegs? I know you can buy them off the Ten Club, but I've never really bothered looking for a site with unofficial boots.

Old 08-02-2006, 05:22 PM   #127
Andy /

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son
Jesus, why pick that show? I mean I know it's "iconic" and there's Dirty Frank and all obut I have better audience recorded boots from that era

Two words: Speed Wash.

And Ed just seems like a douche with his Marky Mark comments.

I hope they release a full and remastered Atlanta '94 some time in the future.

Old 08-02-2006, 05:24 PM   #128
Nimrod's Son

oh speaking of PJ/Hendrix, I saw McCready at the San Diego Street Scene festival during the tribute to Jimi. He WALIED on Machine Gun. It was fucking amazing. He even sang.

Jeez, I just realize I have now seen Mike sing twice live. WTF.

I have never found a recording of it, period, but would love to.

It took place... shit, right before 9/11/2001. It's weird, in the span of about 2 weeks I met Mike, Ed and Matt, right before 9/11. Right before the mohawk.

Old 08-02-2006, 05:24 PM   #129
Andy /

Quote:
btw, check the reviews
Where?

Old 08-02-2006, 05:25 PM   #130
Nimrod's Son

Quote:
Two words: Speed Wash.

And Ed just seems like a douche with his Marky Mark comments.

I hope they release a full and remastered Atlanta '94 some time in the future.
Why bother? The radio versions are fine, especially for that era. I know they have a bunch of other recorded shows that were unreleased that I'd rather hear first.

Old 08-02-2006, 05:25 PM   #131
Nimrod's Son

Tad Gormley 95 being #1. The aforementioned "Voodoo Chile" as well as Eddie performing with Joey Ramone.

Old 08-02-2006, 05:26 PM   #132
Nimrod's Son

Quote:
Where?
my bad, i thought i pasted the url

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=glance&n=5174

Old 08-02-2006, 05:32 PM   #133
Andy /

Angry

Quote:

What the fuck.

OK, I just listened to a couple tracks again and they're not as bad as I thought SQ wise, but they're still not great by any means. Those people are morons.

ECHOechoechoecho

Old 08-02-2006, 05:41 PM   #134
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

As Mike is saying, Crazy Mary studio is really good. I wish they could perform it live as well, but alas cannot.

I saw them at Jones Beach last year (?) but haven't seen them since. I'd love a few current shows to DL Ryan.

Old 08-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #135
Andy /

You can find most of the official boots from 2000 and on on Oink. Earlier stuff shows up quite often as well. PM me if you need an invite.

Or are you asking for opinions on which shows to get?

Also, you can stream any show available at www.pearljamlive.com when it's actually up and running, which it isn't at the moment.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:57 PM   #136
Voice Implodes
Minion of Satan

the best PJ song of all time is and always will be Yellow Ledbetter.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:58 PM   #137
Voice Implodes
Minion of Satan

btw, have i ever told the story about why you all have me to thank for Lost Dogs?

Old 08-02-2006, 08:20 PM   #138
celluloid_love
Minion of Satan

if anyone wants Live on Easy Street

http://rapidshare.de/files/27967094/...syStreetEP.rar

Old 08-02-2006, 09:06 PM   #139
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice Implodes
btw, have i ever told the story about why you all have me to thank for Lost Dogs?
Please tell.

Old 08-03-2006, 03:35 AM   #140
Nimrod's Son

If anyone wants the Vedder/Homme w/ Strokes cover of mercy mercy me...

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...7AD81908BA29F2

Old 08-03-2006, 04:04 AM   #141
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
yeah, i don;t like PJ and would like to know this.

Old 08-03-2006, 05:14 PM   #142
Voice Implodes
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.
yeah, i don;t like PJ and would like to know this.
sorry about the delay to my response here. been busy.

it started out simply enough. in the spring of 2003, i was going through a bunch of my pearl jam singles and shit one day and decided that i was gonna make myself a cd of all the kickass b-sides and rarities to play in my car. i made hte disc, and after a couple of attempts to get a great tracklisting, i had one i thought was pretty damn cool.

i took this cd in to work at the record store i worked at at the time, and there wwas i customer there who i had been friends with for quite a long time named owen. owen is one ofthose guys who is into music, and has been for many years. he is an older guy, and he knows damn near everybody in the local industry. now, i knew that he was a big pearl jam fan as well (unusual for a man in his 50's, but hey, whatever, they kick ass) and lent my cd. needless to say, he loved it, and took it with him that weekend when he went to visit another of his friends, Scott, who used to be a DJ for the local rock station 99.3 the fox. he heard this cd and loved it as well.

this scott guy, as it turns out, had met the band numerous times inthe past and had actually built up a friendly relationship with the band, especially Stone. scott actually had an appointment to interview the band (actually it was just stone and eddie) around this time weekend, and when he did, with him he brought this cd to seattle with him.

he played it for them, and fucking LOVED the idea. apparently eddie's exact wordsw were "why haven't we thought of doing this yet?"

this all took place in the span of about 1 week, maybe a week and a half. owen came back to my work with my cd in hand with the news that the boys decided pretty much on the spot that they would be putting out a compilation of b-sides in time for christmas.

all because i made a cd-r to play in my car.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:15 AM   #143
Rockin' Cherub
Braindead

isn't lost dogs a double cd? how similar is it to your version? or is it just the idea that matters? anyway, kinda cool, you should've taken advantage of that.

Old 08-04-2006, 11:27 AM   #144
Nimrod's Son

Quote:

it started out simply enough. in the spring of 2003, i was going through a bunch of my pearl jam singles and shit one day and decided that i was gonna make myself a cd of all the kickass b-sides and rarities to play in my car. i made hte disc, and after a couple of attempts to get a great tracklisting, i had one i thought was pretty damn cool.

i took this cd in to work at the record store i worked at at the time, and there wwas i customer there who i had been friends with for quite a long time named owen. owen is one ofthose guys who is into music, and has been for many years. he is an older guy, and he knows damn near everybody in the local industry. now, i knew that he was a big pearl jam fan as well (unusual for a man in his 50's, but hey, whatever, they kick ass) and lent my cd. needless to say, he loved it, and took it with him that weekend when he went to visit another of his friends, Scott, who used to be a DJ for the local rock station 99.3 the fox. he heard this cd and loved it as well.

this scott guy, as it turns out, had met the band numerous times inthe past and had actually built up a friendly relationship with the band, especially Stone. scott actually had an appointment to interview the band (actually it was just stone and eddie) around this time weekend, and when he did, with him he brought this cd to seattle with him.

he played it for them, and fucking LOVED the idea. apparently eddie's exact wordsw were "why haven't we thought of doing this yet?"

this all took place in the span of about 1 week, maybe a week and a half. owen came back to my work with my cd in hand with the news that the boys decided pretty much on the spot that they would be putting out a compilation of b-sides in time for christmas.

ok either you're lying or some guy pulled your leg. they'd been talking about doing this since around 2000

Old 08-04-2006, 06:33 PM   #145
Voice Implodes
Minion of Satan

the tracklist was very similar to mine (what was *******d), except i also had long road and ive got a feeling on it.

maybe they had talked about doing it, but maybe seeing a potential finished product sparked their interest? i dont nkow, i am not in the band. either way, i am nto lying. belive me or not, it doesnt matter to me because i know it actually happened. maybe what i was told eddie said was changed abit telephone style on the way back to me. who knows?

Old 08-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #146
gisher
Pledge

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel Logic
1. Vs.
2. Ten
3. Vitalogy
4. Pearl Jam
5. Yield
6. Binaural
7. No Code
8. Riot Act
I think that would be my order too.

Old 08-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #147
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Question

Quote:
Alright
are there any songs where the fans agree Pearl Jam don't seem to be able to get them right live?

Old 08-04-2006, 10:42 PM   #148
Fathoms (unadored)
Apocalyptic Poster

Talking

Quote:

... turns out it was some kind of palsey. And that's how I saved Christmas.

Old 08-05-2006, 06:45 AM   #149
Nimrod's Son

Quote:
the tracklist was very similar to mine (what was *******d), except i also had long road and ive got a feeling on it.

maybe they had talked about doing it, but maybe seeing a potential finished product sparked their interest? i dont nkow, i am not in the band. either way, i am nto lying. belive me or not, it doesnt matter to me because i know it actually happened. maybe what i was told eddie said was changed abit telephone style on the way back to me. who knows?
Well, yeah of course the tracklisting was similar.. there are only so many B-sides.

Seriously, believe this if it makes you feel special but it's fucking nuts

Old 08-05-2006, 06:48 AM   #150
Nimrod's Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by RopeyLopey
are there any songs where the fans agree Pearl Jam don't seem to be able to get them right live?
I Got Shit.

Although it could have to do with the fact that the guys who recorded it (Jack Irons on drums, Ed on guitar and vocals, Neil Young on guitar, Brendan O'Brien on bass) aren't in the band except for Ed