Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2017, 11:11 AM   #181
Ram27
dumb

I have an exam on wednesday that I am completely unprepared for. I thought it'd be okay cause a TA told me at the beginning of the semester that the exams would be multiple choice. But then I asked the professor today and he said they'd mostly be short answer. So I'm completely fucked. I am literally going to die.

Old 02-27-2017, 12:13 PM   #182
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Fuck it

do drugs and drop out

Old 02-27-2017, 12:41 PM   #183
Cool As Ice Cream

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
I am literally going to die.
yes. literally.

let us know when it has happened. thanks.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:11 PM   #184
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Fuck it

do drugs and drop out
that's the plan. have any drugs i can borrow mr took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
yes. literally.

let us know when it has happened. thanks.
Quote:
lit·er·al·ly
ˈlidərəlē,ˈlitrəlē/
adverb
informal
used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true.
"I have received literally thousands of letters"

Old 02-27-2017, 07:22 PM   #185
yo soy el mejor

that's new and was added because too many dummies used it incorrectly. when enough people get something wrong, modern english language will accommodate them all. lots of people on netphoria use that word incorrectly, though. don't let caic bother you.

Old 03-01-2017, 01:41 AM   #186
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i took a midterm today that i studied for for less than 20 minutes. then i have two midterms on thursday, one i've studied for about 30 minutes (and will spend maybe one hour more) and another i've studied for approximately 439604594054 hours and still don't feel comfortable with. whatcha gonna do

Old 03-01-2017, 03:50 AM   #187
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I don't know what the fuck is wrong with my brain, but I still can't bring myself to be productive or do anything other than refresh Netphoria, even several hours after I've sat down intending to get shit done.

Even Adderall has zero effect. I started with taking just one pill (not sure the mg, but the guy I buy from has a prescription and had been on it a while, so I would imagine that he's on a higher dosage than somebody just starting a prescription would be), and when that did nothing to help me concentrate, I started taking two.

My seller was surprised that I don't feel anything. He asked if I even feel my heart rate increase, and I don't. He says he's never seen anything like that before. I must have a fucked-up neurochemistry that isn't very receptive to amphetamines or something.

Better do meth just to make sure.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:07 AM   #188
Cool As Ice Cream

your seller is selling you mints.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:46 AM   #189
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I don't know what the fuck is wrong with my brain, but I still can't bring myself to be productive or do anything other than refresh Netphoria, even several hours after I've sat down intending to get shit done.

Even Adderall has zero effect. I started with taking just one pill (not sure the mg, but the guy I buy from has a prescription and had been on it a while, so I would imagine that he's on a higher dosage than somebody just starting a prescription would be), and when that did nothing to help me concentrate, I started taking two.

My seller was surprised that I don't feel anything. He asked if I even feel my heart rate increase, and I don't. He says he's never seen anything like that before. I must have a fucked-up neurochemistry that isn't very receptive to amphetamines or something.

Better do meth just to make sure.
dk is stone cold incapable of feeling

Old 03-01-2017, 01:22 PM   #190
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

check the pill on a pill ID site. not sure why you of all people wouldn't check before you popped a pill, dude!

Old 03-01-2017, 01:31 PM   #191
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
dk is stone cold incapable of feeling
Even on Adderall, I cannot bring myself to give a shit.

I've thought about snorting it, but I read that it's harder to do with XR than the tablets because the beads are so hard to crush, and I didn't want to risk spilling a capsule and wasting it (it's expensive as fuck).

At first I thought that maybe I wasn't feeling anything because it may not have noticable phisiological effects, and that I'd just notice a change in behaviour. Only difference I noticed is that it made me more talkative when I first started taking it. But I don't feel any sort of high. Not even something as simple as a more rapid heart beat.

But then when I read of other people's experiences online, they were talking about getting laser-focused and doing shit like filing and ordering everything. Needing to take only half a capsule because the 20mg was too intense for them. Not being able to sleep. Etc.

Fuck, if I could have just three days of that, I'd probably be caught up. Sounds like it'd suit me outside of school, too, because I have this problem of having a lot of ideas for personal projects I want to do, but never having the energy or motivation to do them.

Last edited by Disco King : 03-01-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Old 03-01-2017, 01:33 PM   #192
Elphenor
Braindead

I gotta US History class in mid march

Old 03-01-2017, 01:36 PM   #193
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
check the pill on a pill ID site. not sure why you of all people wouldn't check before you popped a pill, dude!
Yeah, I probably should do that. The guy I buy from has a prescription, and last time, I had to wait for him to get it filled (we work at the same grocery store and he gets them from the pharmacy), so I'm pretty sure it's legit.

Of course, I didn't stand next to him as he got his prescription, so I can't be 100% certain, but I don't have any suspicions otherwise.

Old 03-01-2017, 01:57 PM   #194
Cool As Ice Cream

are you even supposed to feel anything?

Old 03-01-2017, 02:13 PM   #195
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Looked up the pill, and it appears to be 30mg. Looks exactly like this, but though I remember seeing the "XR" on it, I don't think it had the dosage printed on it (though maybe I just didn't look closely enough). I already took the last of them, so I can't double-check.

Quote:
Not actually sure. Googling it, different people are saying different things. Some are saying that they definitely feel a marked physiological and cognitive difference. Others are saying that you don't necessarily "feel" anything, but your focus improves. Maybe I just haven't put in enough effort to direct that added focus properly? I dunno, as far as I can tell, nothing is happening.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:43 PM   #196
yo soy el mejor

Red face

Quote:
hey man, deep thoughts.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:01 PM   #197
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Looked up the pill, and it appears to be 30mg. Looks exactly like this, but though I remember seeing the "XR" on it, I don't think it had the dosage printed on it (though maybe I just didn't look closely enough). I already took the last of them, so I can't double-check.

Not actually sure. Googling it, different people are saying different things. Some are saying that they definitely feel a marked physiological and cognitive difference. Others are saying that you don't necessarily "feel" anything, but your focus improves. Maybe I just haven't put in enough effort to direct that added focus properly? I dunno, as far as I can tell, nothing is happening.
People with ADHD tend to feel "calmer," which they are not physiologically speaking, but they are more able to focus and that less-chaotic feeling is interpreted as calmness.

It is odd that you are not perceiving any differences but adding more is probably not the best idea imo.

The first and only time I took Adderal I had 2x 30mg XRs. I took one about three hours before work and didn't feel anything, then I took the other one and got extreme nauseated/weird feeling but it calmed down enough for me to go to work. I did have some pep in my step but not more than I would have had on a normal night that I was feeling good, as far as I could tell.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:32 PM   #198
Disco King
Minion of Satan

That makes sense. From what I've read, those with ADHD are constantly seeking stimulation because they are understimulated, which is why they are distractible and find unfocused. Trying to focus on a single quiet task just isn't stimulating enough for them, so they are constantly seeking other stimuli. Taking a stimulant allows them to feel more stimulated, even when doing tasks that would otherwise not be stimulating enough for them. I can see how being able to do one thing at a time and not feeling the need to hop from one unfinished activity to the next would make one feel calmer.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:29 PM   #199
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

That's like me. I may have adhd

Old 03-01-2017, 06:32 PM   #200
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

I don't have ADHD obviously, but I often feel distracted during discussions and thus I doodle/write words/just make random lines and shit on paper during classes where there is no note taking

Old 03-01-2017, 06:33 PM   #201
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Oh I don't do that

Old 03-01-2017, 06:35 PM   #202
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I'm also a doodler. The margins of my pages are filled with doodles. Sometimes drawings of objects/people, sometimes just geometric figures. Can't go very long without doodling.

I can usually balance it with proper note-taking. But if I'm not very interested that day, I may stop taking notes and just doodle. That only happens occasionally, though.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:36 PM   #203
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Do you guys find yourself doodling during phone conversations because I do. Otherwise I take notes during discussion and lectures

Old 03-01-2017, 06:39 PM   #204
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

If I have a pen in my hand I'll doodle, yeah. When notes need to be taken and it's rapid-fire I will just take notes. But during pauses or during discussion classes that don't have tests, unless someone says something ultra-profound I don't write it down. I just write nonsense, might look light note taking unless you're up close to me. Other times I just draw geometric shapes

Old 03-01-2017, 06:40 PM   #205
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I don't think in geometric shapes apparently

Old 03-01-2017, 06:44 PM   #206
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

if i don't do it i start overthinking things and have trouble paying attention. so what looks like me not paying attention (doodling) is actually my attempt to pay attention better

Old 03-01-2017, 06:51 PM   #207
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
That makes sense. From what I've read, those with ADHD are constantly seeking stimulation because they are understimulated, which is why they are distractible and find unfocused. Trying to focus on a single quiet task just isn't stimulating enough for them, so they are constantly seeking other stimuli. Taking a stimulant allows them to feel more stimulated, even when doing tasks that would otherwise not be stimulating enough for them. I can see how being able to do one thing at a time and not feeling the need to hop from one unfinished activity to the next would make one feel calmer.
/wonders why no one has prescribed my adderall

Old 03-01-2017, 11:12 PM   #208
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i barely studied today, when i get a C on my neuro midterm tomorrow i will read this over again and cry because i fucked myself

Old 03-01-2017, 11:46 PM   #209
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I don't have ADHD obviously, but I often feel distracted during discussions and thus I doodle/write words/just make random lines and shit on paper during classes where there is no note taking
When I'm in lecture I always dick around online when I get bored. Which is pretty bad. I never take notes either cause all my classes post slides online

Last edited by Ram27 : 05-30-2017 at 04:27 AM.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:03 AM   #210
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Acha.