Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 06:36 PM   #121
Run To Me
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I saw them also, in 2013 or 2014? It was pretty lame and the woman I went with was a fucking psycho for a lot of reasons, but afterwards we were talking to the guys from the band (well she was, I was kinda too shy) and she was all like... "Well what have you guys been doing all these years?!?!?!?!" Like she didn't even realize why she shouldn't ask a band she doesn't follow, who for all she knows has been making music the whole time, where they've been/what they've been doing? It was ultra cringe. And then later on she was all "Back in the old days, I would have been getting backstage with one of them, even though they have wedding rings, I would have seduced whichever one of them I wanted" which was completely delusional. Not that some women can't seduce rock stars and get in their beds but not her, she was definitely borderline and possibly some other cluster B personality disorders and a complete mess

She also pissed me off because she was so sure that "no bands ever go on on time" that we got there after the show started, even though we were just down the street at a restaurant

did i mention i originally met her at a mental hospital some 4-5 years earlier?
Lol this story is like so many nights I spent w/friendppls who were, in acuality, codependent drunks with me. Did you hang out with this woman a lot? Or did you realize quickly you didn't wanna be friends of her?

Sometimes I cringe at all the words/jokes/vows we shared at one another, so boldly, about how little we knew and how incapable we were of seeing past ourselves

Old Today, 06:39 PM   #122
Run To Me
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I stand for 6-7 hours on both saturday and sunday and my feet are usually OK but standing there crunched in with people when a band isn't really bangin' is exhausting. I had no problem doing it in 2007 for SP but it was a really great concert, Toad was basically like listening to the record. Glen was almost apologizing like "We have a new album, we have to play some music from it now, we'll get back to the songs you like after" it was pretty strange but I guess I'm used to Billy Corgan playing new songs and not giving one single fuck
It's funny how when the musics truegood, flowing on fire and actual, the endorphins actually permit you to stand, even whilst old

My left knee = broken AF but I stood all the way thru the war on drugs; as soon as they started my whole spine went tingly and every of my pains turned to strawberry jellies

Old Today, 06:42 PM   #123
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
OK but did you buy the Angus soundtrack too?
Not initially. Just taped the Green Day song off the radio. But I am happy to announce that I am a proud owner of that C.D. now. Weezer songs actually the best on it.

Old Today, 06:42 PM   #124
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic

Though Ash's Kung Fu is a pretty bitching pop jam

Old Today, 06:45 PM   #125
Trotskilicious
i used to have a good one

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
My foot pain has definitely waned a good deal since taking a sit-down/desk position last fall but I still can't stand in place on concrete floors for 3-4 hours anymore.
yeah its insane the kind of pain i was in, there was a deformity with my foot that was making me walk on the insides of my feet so it got to the point i couldn't stand for like 30-45 minutes at a time. I thought i was just soft.

Go see a podiatrist on that health insurance lmao, srsly i bet its just something correctable that you made worse by working on your feet like i did

Old Today, 06:45 PM   #126
Trotskilicious

i feel fucking great now, its absurd how much pain i was in

Old Today, 06:47 PM   #127
smashingjj
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
what? i usually sit on top of the cat when i have diarrea. it's the natural process of giving and receiving.
uhm.

it turns out that when i posted this, my cat had diarrea. my cat is very furry and when it has diarrea, we actually have to both be there to remove it from its fur.

it slept on my lap and it had diarrea. we woke up and there were brown spots on out bed.

thank you, good night.

Old Today, 06:48 PM   #128
Trotskilicious

Quote:
With no openers bands are usually on time yeah, but I hadn't been to a small club show in a long time and I was a much meeker person back then. Even if I thought they'd be late I'd have wanted to be early. The person I went with was super entitled and we ended up worming our way into the crowd to a decent spot anyway, pissing off several dozen people in the process. Nowadays I would have been like naw I want to get there earlier or if we had gotten their late I would have just stayed where we were but I just went along with her.
i figure i paid money to see 2-3 bands i should see them all or at least the opener

i discovered some bands this way besides - not many but some

Old Today, 06:49 PM   #129
smashingjj
Immortal

diarrea.

Old Today, 06:54 PM   #130
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic

I'm the biggest 90's music nut but every time someone mentions Toad the Wet Sprocket- I literally have no idea what they sang. I think someone posted a track once and it was one that I never even heard...

Maybe they just didn't resonate in Canada?

Old Today, 06:58 PM   #131
smashingjj
Immortal

are you really from canada though

Old Today, 07:00 PM   #132
smashingjj
Immortal

diarrea.

Old Today, 07:12 PM   #133
reprise85
Immortal

Location: Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but I am an amateur psychologist. And I think that your spontaneous eye-watering may have something to do with your father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Lol this story is like so many nights I spent w/friendppls who were, in acuality, codependent drunks with me. Did you hang out with this woman a lot? Or did you realize quickly you didn't wanna be friends of her?

Sometimes I cringe at all the words/jokes/vows we shared at one another, so boldly, about how little we knew and how incapable we were of seeing past ourselves
I did hang out with her for just a couple months, she started being really crazy. Her drug of choice was DXM and I know/knew all about the different plateaus and shit, we'd talk about it, but she knew I was into painkillers and whatever but I had stopped by that time. So one day we're going to the movies and I decide to get a (single) beer and bring it in the movie theater, and later I find out she thought this was somehow my cue to her that it was ok for her to get high as fuck on DXM. I had no idea she was high, later she told me and then said I had to have known, and I was like first of all I wasn't signalling you shit I don't do shit like that, secondly I would have at least NOT WANTED YOU TO DRIVE if I knew you were on a hallucinogenic substance. And she accused me of gaslighting her, saying I knew the signals I was giving her and by denying it I was trying to make her doubt her own faculties.

And I also wrote a review on facebook of the movie saying it was OK but not great and somehow she took all the things I said about the movie as some kind of personal message to her? And when I told her again that it wasn't, she freaked out at me again. So the last time I talked to her she told me she had talked to another friend and showed her my movie review and whatever and that the friend thought she was paranoid so she apologized to me. I said are you just saying that or do you really believe that I wasn't gaslighting you, because that's important, and she said that she knew she was fucked up and I wasn't doing anything to her.

So I guess she was on some kind of binge, I don't remember anymore but I knew I wasn't going to be her friend anymore but our last talk I left it open for her to call me if she wanted to have some kind of resolution to our conflict, once she wasn't still taking DXM. I figured it'd be good for her and me I guess but she never did and I figured she was probably confused and embarrassed and that's how it got left.

She definitely had borderline personality disorder, I'm pretty sure if I had kept talking to her the next step was her confessing her love for me or something. I think she was used to getting in these strange relationships with other people with personality disorder issues from where we were inpatient and when I was like hold up I'm not doing these things you think I am, I'm not playing some unspoken game with you what are you talking about she at first didn't believe me but then when I didn't keep the conflict going she realized that I was telling the truth. BPD + high doses of DXM aren't a good mix

Last edited by reprise85 : Today at 07:18 PM.

Old Today, 07:36 PM   #134
LaBelle
Minion of Satan

I don't think i'll ever go to another concert ever... unless I happen to be able to see LiSA live.

It's just a miserable experience all around, I probably already said something about this, so i'll just shut up now.

Sorry for disrupting boarding experience for those who care.

Old Today, 07:49 PM   #135
Trotskilicious

don't say that there's a magical concert out there for you, small clubs rule!

Old Today, 08:39 PM   #136
LaBelle
Minion of Satan

This will be a very unpopular opinion here, but I get way more out of going to a dance club than a concert.

Old Today, 08:41 PM   #137
FlamingGlobes
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
Go see a podiatrist on that health insurance lmao, srsly i bet its just something correctable that you made worse by working on your feet like i did
I have a bad habit of just accepting the aches and pains as "normal." But you're right; I do need to talk to my doctor about it. There's no reason to put up with this shit.

Same goes for you fuzzy. You go talk to a doctor about that thing you're dealing with. You don't have to live like that.

Old Today, 08:42 PM   #138
FlamingGlobes
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I don't think i'll ever go to another concert ever... unless I happen to be able to see LiSA live.

It's just a miserable experience all around, I probably already said something about this, so i'll just shut up now.

Sorry for disrupting boarding experience for those who care.
I wanna hear more. Did you have a string of bad experiences? Shitty crowds? Shitty venues? All of the above?

Old Today, 08:43 PM   #139
FlamingGlobes
Apocalyptic Poster

Also I know this isn't a chat thread, but you guys need to know my dog is snoring up a storm and I love it.

Old Today, 08:48 PM   #140
LaBelle
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I wanna hear more. Did you have a string of bad experiences? Shitty crowds? Shitty venues? All of the above?
I find the whole concert going experience to be an annoying hassle. You have to get there early then just stand around for hours. Not drink anything because it's all super expensive in the venues. Bathrooms are always a mess.
Then when the concert starts everyone just aglomerates and I can never see anything because most people in concerts are way taller than me.
So I get to stand there sandwiched between sweaty people...

Hearing the concerts is cool, but afterwards my ears will stay ringing for hours sometimes.

It's just an annoyance all around to me. The cons far outweigh the pros.

Old Today, 08:51 PM   #141
FlamingGlobes
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I find the whole concert going experience to be an annoying hassle. You have to get there early then just stand around for hours. Not drink anything because it's all super expensive in the venues. Bathrooms are always a mess.
Then when the concert starts everyone just aglomerates and I can never see anything because most people in concerts are way taller than me.

Hearing the concerts is cool, but afterwards my ears will stay ringing for hours sometimes.

Completely valid reasons. I've only been to maybe five concerts in the last three years and a lot of these points are a big part of why.

Old Today, 09:14 PM   #142
Trotskilicious

i go to a lot of small venues & find good spots where i'm not completely squashed

also there was a nice festival called fun fun fun fest once upon a time that was perfect

Old Today, 09:50 PM   #143
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic

Quote:

The secret is getting drunk and partying on your way to the concert. To be honest, I rarely ever even check out the opening bands anymore. I just go in lit up 5 minutes before the headliner and it's always easy to creep around and wedge in a find a good spot

Old Today, 09:56 PM   #144
buzzard
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
She also pissed me off because she was so sure that "no bands ever go on on time" that we got there after the show started, even though we were just down the street at a restaurant
There's quite an art to predicting the lateness of a band's arrival upon stage.

I feel like I'm at the stage where that shit ought to be featured on my résumé.

Old Today, 10:11 PM   #145
Trotskilicious

i like going to shows and supporting the bands since its one of the main ways they make money

Old Today, 10:23 PM   #146
lawson
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
This will be a very unpopular opinion here, but I get way more out of going to a dance club than a concert.
Yea, but it makes sense given the experiences you mentioned. Trots is right tho, small clubs local bands are the way to go. Start paying attention to that friend of yours who is really really into local music and always posts about it, and pick out a band you might like. But don't ask him/her to suggest something outright, they will annoy you to the point of you not wanting to go!

Old Today, 10:50 PM   #147
Trotskilicious

i think labelle should go to dance clubs and not worry about concerts if she doesn't wanna go