Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
barden
Braindead

Default Mother fucking Doomtree

....is so damn good.
Quality hip hop

I kinda wanted to lead in with this song, although it sounds similar to something you've heard before:
http://doomtree.bandcamp.com/track/team-the-best-team

but it's really great.

So is this:
http://doomtree.bandcamp.com/track/no-way

They are a nine piece with a punk background. They're pretty great.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
barden
Braindead

We got cracks in our armor / Got cracks in the ceiling / and this axe that we’re wielding will react when we’re feeling that / Crack / Attack / Attack and we’re on you like a Mack truck Your Honor / We are that fucking filthy

Old 11-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
barden
Braindead

High stakes / Okay / I’ll play / but it ain’t your game / and it ain’t your rules cuz it ain’t your world / and I brought my crew / We some dirty lip fuck your rules living ugly goons / Ah-ha! / It’s no kings / No way

Old 11-24-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
barden
Braindead

She wants to spend the night in graveyards / loves fair, plays hard / but that’s for keeps / yeah that’s for keeps / She’ll break my skin with a needle / I’ll break my hand in the face / that ever questions her equal / Yeah that’s for creeps / There ain’t no ground where I’m looking / We climb up twisted stairs it’s funny / cuz I’m so high / I’m more twisted / than when I see her running / We’re going up to the top / She wants to see our city / dripping in electric pedals / It’s crazy but kinda pretty / She told me ”Watch your step, I’ll follow close / fuck it if we get caught” / The strongest links in a chain are the first to get cut / Together til we all fade / keep the blade in the gut

Old 11-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #5
barden
Braindead

STEF
Think love / and think drugs / and they’re the same thing inside / And we struggle / or get enough / but it’s the same thing / Burn holes in the Moleskine, bout it / Been friends with a pen, gave trust to the page / Turn in when the time’s up earn that age / know-how learned in spades / They exist in the outros / in the fade outs / and in the background noise / I wouldn’t wish it on my rivals / I got no enemies / We all fall for the decoy / Sometimes it slides right by while we’re trying to decide / Don’t lie to yourself / almost ain’t good enough / and there ain’t no extra lives / Leave em alone / How we livin? / Very own road and it’s so, so driven / In the freezing cold, y’all keep chillin / We’ll leave tracks you can follow in / Bold, less fucks given / Team The Best Team / Doomtree citizen / We care like it’s cool still / but we’ve risen from close to sting to post-everything / How y'all livin? / Very own road and it’s so, so driven / In the freezing cold / y’all keep chillin

SIMS
So I do it for her and I do it for me / and I do it for the word / Kill it for the hunt of the beat / Kill it for the hunger that will not sleep / And you can stay miserable all your life but what kind of difference that make? / What, you ain’t had enough of that pay, ain’t had enough of your way? / Live from the Haunted North / in the woods where the fire roars / You fell for the Trojan horse / Who want it more? It’s already yours / Live from the Haunted North / in the woods where the fire roars / You fell for the Trojan horse / Who want it more; it’s already yours

CECIL
Draw blood, paint life, sculpt that clay, build that bridge (suffer and pleasure) / Got love, gotta write that way and filled that book from the gutter to forever / But we’re still gonna suffer / we got burnt / we met our match and struck first / Suckers should have known better than to let us head our own search and destroy / You would’ve been better centered at home / Remember that road we’d take? / I swear the devil’s backbone would break / We made it our home and it’s great and it’s good / it’s the same as it ever was / We came, we saw, we came back / We played em songs we made quick / We went back home just to fill those pages to the edges, and it’s aces / It’s all coming up roses / Closes may come and we know this / No risk, no fun, no way, nobody’s gonna break my stride, no sir / Those days look like these days / except for maybe these grays / But that’s just my salt and pepper, my heart and soul won’t live forever / Whatever…
/ It’s gonna come some day, so come what may and I pray it comes / We’re still gonna run like strays, purr like kittens, and bang a gong / We’ve sang our songs, we’ve seen the war, we’re living that and more / Knowing even the greatest dancers in the world are bound to leave the dance floor

DESSA
So shake, shakes, shoot / it’s like win, draw, lose / cause dice kept cooped up / just bring bad luck / man is made to choose / Yeah, mixed media: flesh, electricity, bone / we rent, we visit, but we’re never quite home / cause the river can’t know when the levy might go / so, draw your arm and throw

MIKE
Bottled all in, battle with a broadsword / rule with the iron cutter straight to the vital cord / Lean on a land alive / freed men in enterprise / Does it mean you seen the sign? / See what you wanna read / eyes in the seams, not what it seems / A better part of me will not let it be / instead it seethes / Does mean I believe a lie? / Let it dead, let it crawl / let it all count when you bet it all / Say it like you mean it, just say it / never better if you never even said it at all / Head em off at the neck, set it off / Ready for whatever with machete on the leather comrades with a letter on the wall / steady head, heavy guts and a set of balls / What I really gotta know, huh? / How to rock a rhyme that’s right in line? / With the beat and ride / wide to the feet, wise to the weak / Why? / Why we pray on the meek and pry in the speak of the “why’s” and the “we’s”? / We don’t know why / why we speak with a slide of the cheek / Hide / Chopped in the seams / Stride / That’s live and unique designed / flight for seats, fly in the cleats / Grind / Lines in the sheet / Slice / that’s all we live for / Polish poison plot loss / free and got a lost cause / Holler if you hear me shooting / Hollow Bodies High / Cower salted, high exalted, colicky and alcoholic / Call it when I see it all divide / Hollowed head to follow tired feet disqualified / Able of the cognoscente disabled from a solid mind / Hollow Bodies High

Old 11-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
barden
Braindead

TROTS PLEASE LISTEN TO THESE THREE SONGS.

Old 11-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #7
Andy /

wings and teeth

Old 11-24-2011, 10:44 PM   #8
barden
Braindead

The Art or Tour?
Either way, good job!

Old 11-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #9
Andy /

if you haven't heard mictlan's and lazerbeaks 'hand over fist' album, you should.

Old 11-24-2011, 11:11 PM   #10
Andy /

The quiver in my lip, that's just where I keep my arrows

damn