Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2020, 10:57 PM   #91
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Sack? Like ballsack? Wicked! Sorry no didn’t mean to offend, just trying to speak your language + like meet u where u stand, mr “fuck face”

No go on eating sack that’s kick ass. Glad u got some tonite!

Old 09-17-2020, 10:58 PM   #92
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Now kiss

Old 09-17-2020, 11:00 PM   #93
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Sack? Like ballsack? Wicked! Sorry no didn’t mean to offend, just trying to speak your language + like meet u where u stand, mr “fuck face”

No go on eating sack that’s kick ass. Glad u got some tonite!
Can I eat your sack?

Old 09-17-2020, 11:03 PM   #94
GreenDogGlynis
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
I’d expect this board hasn’t been happy with a SP record since TAFH (or MCIS if you’re limiting it to official studio albums). I was also 4 years old when TAFH was released so idk. I don’t think they ever properly followed up MCIS tbqh. IMO they got better with each studio album from Gish to MCIS, but MCIS was clearly the band peaking as a unit and once Jimmy OD’ed everything was changed. I think they probably had another legendary album in them if Jimmy hadn’t ODed and Jonathan hadn’t died which I personally think started D’Arcy’s mental collapse. We’ll never know, sadly. Adore is definitely a good album, though, don’t get me wrong.
Yeah, Adore has its merits but its so depressing, and while SP covered lots of emotional ground one thing they never were was depressing.

Old 09-17-2020, 11:04 PM   #95
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDogGlynis View Post
Yeah, Adore has its merits but its so depressing, and while SP covered lots of emotional ground one thing they never were was depressing.
Uhhhh.. what? Jesus every time I hear disarm I want to slit slit slit away

Old 09-17-2020, 11:04 PM   #96
paranoid
Minion of Satan

To forgive ain’t exactly a walk in the park either

Old 09-17-2020, 11:11 PM   #97
GreenDogGlynis
Demi-God

I agree they're not happy songs but the way they bounce off the other songs on the albums ultimately creates something hopeful

Old 09-17-2020, 11:22 PM   #98
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
I was also 4 years old when TAFH was released so idk.
Didn't you say you were in your late 20s before? You being 23 makes so much more sense

Old 09-17-2020, 11:22 PM   #99
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
To forgive ain’t exactly a walk in the park either
The wobbly bass is my fave. Whole fragile breathy gasp of yearn/burn just god damn perched atop this seasick gorgeous shudder. Is this darcy playing on the record do u think?

(If u can answer AND agree to participate in an “ask paranoid” thread that i plan to create in your honor (and for our own edification) ill ask my partner if she will let u eat my sack?)

Old 09-17-2020, 11:23 PM   #100
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
No one here believes James and Jimmy are Billy's chumps, but it also might be true that the band may not be as dedicated as they used to be, and also that all of them have families to take care of and SP is probably the best way they can do that. That's not the same thing as they're just cashing a check and don't give a crap.
Right, there's no way I'm gonna be bruh's with a dude who called me a piece of shit and the worst human being ever or told me to go ride around in a white van. James likely still thinks Billy is a dbag, he just wants to cash in while he can. I can't blame him for that either. Might as well. Same with Jimmy. Dude is 100% all business. They're just cashing the check.

Old 09-17-2020, 11:26 PM   #101
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I’ve criticized the hell out of this band here, many times. But it feels like the criticisms have devolved into baseless whining.
you're never supposed to go full klaxette on us dude

Old 09-17-2020, 11:30 PM   #102
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Right, there's no way I'm gonna be bruh's with a dude who called me a piece of shit and the worst human being ever or told me to go ride around in a white van. James likely still thinks Billy is a dbag, he just wants to cash in while he can. I can't blame him for that either. Might as well. Same with Jimmy. Dude is 100% all business. They're just cashing the check.
you mean you've never had terrible things said to you by close family/friends that you've forgiven?

Old 09-17-2020, 11:31 PM   #103
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Is it out?????

Old 09-17-2020, 11:33 PM   #104
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
you mean you've never had terrible things said to you by close family/friends that you've forgiven?
Billy didn't say that shit in the heat of the moment. He meant it. Fuck him. I'd consider a direct apology but without that, lol. And I totally doubt he ever apologized.

Old 09-17-2020, 11:35 PM   #105
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Yeah of course, I've had my family do severely fucked up things to me and I'm a very forgiving person but I never forget. I guess James probably just chalks it to Billy being unstable. He knows he's prone to lashing out when hurt. Billy was obviously upset that James wouldn't talk to him or at least, kept dashing his hopes of the big reunion tour. The comments Billy made about James and Jimmy were pathetic really. You can only feel sorry for someone like that.

Old 09-17-2020, 11:35 PM   #106
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
Is it out?????
Is it in?????

Old 09-17-2020, 11:39 PM   #107
GreenDogGlynis
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
yeah, it still personally gets me that Billy still makes passive aggressive comments on James' guitar playing.

Old 09-17-2020, 11:40 PM   #108
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Billy didn't say that shit in the heat of the moment. He meant it. Fuck him. I'd consider a direct apology but without that, lol. And I totally doubt he ever apologized.
ok but how do you know? see i imagine he has if they're all able to get on a stage together.

Old 09-17-2020, 11:41 PM   #109
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
yeah, it still personally gets me that Billy still makes passive aggressive comments on James' guitar playing.
oh right you're the guy that made that thread. i disagreed with that too.

Old 09-17-2020, 11:42 PM   #110
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
The wobbly bass is my fave. Whole fragile breathy gasp of yearn/burn just god damn perched atop this seasick gorgeous shudder. Is this darcy playing on the record do u think?

(If u can answer AND agree to participate in an “ask paranoid” thread that i plan to create in your honor (and for our own edification) ill ask my partner if she will let u eat my sack?)
i'll get back on this but i'm still trying to figure out if calling someone a fuck face equates borderline homophobic suggestions to eat sack. like eating sack is a bad thing.

Old 09-17-2020, 11:43 PM   #111
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
ok but how do you know? see i imagine he has if they're all able to get on a stage together.
We know that James initiated contact, right? That's what makes me think Corgan probably didn't apologize. Maybe he did after that, but it seems like James took the high road and went on with it without an apology.

Old 09-17-2020, 11:48 PM   #112
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
We know that James initiated contact, right? That's what makes me think Corgan probably didn't apologize. Maybe he did after that, but it seems like James took the high road and went on with it without an apology.
my point is if he didn't apologize or clear the air or whatever, james wouldn't have bothered getting on a stage with him again.

and right, billy's unstable at times. he was certainly in a pretty terrible place in that whole 2008-2011 period.. i know what it's like to go through periods of that kind of instability, and you say things to/about people you love, things you think they've done wrong to you, that are not nice at all. and deep down you know you don't mean it.. it's like your protecting yourself from further hurt.

after the past 3-4 years of them working together i kind of look at that period like that.. all of those terrible things he said are now in the past and have ultimately not ruined the bond they do have and have had over the past 30 years.

Old 09-17-2020, 11:49 PM   #113
GreenDogGlynis
Demi-God

I'm definitely curious as to what was said at that Asian Fusion restaurant

Old 09-17-2020, 11:50 PM   #114
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
i'll get back on this but i'm still trying to figure out if calling someone a fuck face equates borderline homophobic suggestions to eat sack. like eating sack is a bad thing.
Yeah sorry it’s my dads fault. He always said “sack” in this way that was like real gross. Like u picture the hairiest straightest sack. Stinky and not even like in the good way. Just like thicket of pubes so your tongue gets all dry before u even find that shrinking apricot of sack hidden in back behind the tufts there.

So just like “eat” that “sack.” But not anymore, especially if u can do answers

Old 09-17-2020, 11:50 PM   #115
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I'm definitely curious as to what was said at that Asian Fusion restaurant
I'm honestly not.

Old 09-17-2020, 11:52 PM   #116
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Yeah sorry it’s my dads fault. He always said “sack” in this way that was like real gross. Like u picture the hairiest straightest sack. Stinky and not even like in the good way. Just like thicket of pubes so your tongue gets all dry before u even find that shrinking apricot of sack hidden in back behind the tufts there.

So just like “eat” that “sack.” But not anymore, especially if u can do answers
i'm not going to participate in your bullying of me.

Old 09-18-2020, 02:18 AM   #117
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
my point is if he didn't apologize or clear the air or whatever, james wouldn't have bothered getting on a stage with him again.

and right, billy's unstable at times. he was certainly in a pretty terrible place in that whole 2008-2011 period.. i know what it's like to go through periods of that kind of instability, and you say things to/about people you love, things you think they've done wrong to you, that are not nice at all. and deep down you know you don't mean it.. it's like your protecting yourself from further hurt.

after the past 3-4 years of them working together i kind of look at that period like that.. all of those terrible things he said are now in the past and have ultimately not ruined the bond they do have and have had over the past 30 years.
Sry mate. It's all about the money. Billy has ruined the magic. There is no bond. It is bully solo when you hear the music. A oh yeah...that reverse solo on malta was james.woe......itis obvious that james and jimmy put little effort in the whole thing.... it must be a nightmare working with a dictating asshole.

Old 09-18-2020, 12:20 PM   #118
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
I think neither of us really knows, but none of Billy's behavior ever makes me think he apologized. And if I was James and accepted Billy is not capable of apologizing (just because of his damaged psyche for lack of a better word [I hesitate to diagnose it]) but I still wanted to be in SP, I might be able to make peace with that.

Old 09-18-2020, 12:23 PM   #119
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
Sry mate. It's all about the money. Billy has ruined the magic. There is no bond. It is bully solo when you hear the music. A oh yeah...that reverse solo on malta was james.woe......itis obvious that james and jimmy put little effort in the whole thing.... it must be a nightmare working with a dictating asshole.
Jimmy wrote With Sympathy. His first ever song by the pumpkins. But yes he's not even contributing, right.

Old 09-18-2020, 12:38 PM   #120
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Who cares. Jack Bates is the future of this band.