Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2020, 07:49 PM   #1
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Default Archived Posts: Remastered

This is the thread for 2020 remasters of archived posts.

Old 06-14-2020, 07:49 PM   #2
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down Dear Microsoft: Fuck You

If i pay AU$650 for a console, i want it to last at least a year before it catches fire and ceases to work. And that 6-month warranty you gave me? pretty clever considering it took 6 months and 2 weeks to happen.

FUCK. YOU.

Old 06-15-2020, 07:43 AM   #3
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Default Dear Fruit of the Loom,

I’m writing to express my appreciation for the quality and warmth I’ve enjoyed from a single blue pair of thermal underwear bottoms that I’ve worn for (almost) every day of the past five and a half months.

As a *********** in the *********** region of ********, I have experienced many a chilly night this winter. Residences here are constructed primarily of cinder blocks with no insulation or heating systems and, despite the cold, often feature gaping holes in ceilings left open to the elements. I slept wearing layers of clothing and often awoke to temperatures in the low thirties in my bedroom.

On laundry days when I must go without, it becomes apparent how much I value my one pair of long johns-- that the luxury of a little extra warmth is so important when the majority of one’s creature comforts have been left behind across an ocean.

Though perhaps not so fresh, I’m amazed that after such extended use they haven’t become ragged or disintegrated. In fact, they are still going strong. Luckily, warmer days are more prevalent as spring eases its way into the mountain air, but you can bet I’ll be employing a pair next winter.

With great appreciation,

PS- I know that with such letters, an accompanying picture is often enjoyed. In this case, I think I’ll spare you.

Old 06-15-2020, 09:58 AM   #4
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

are these Netphorian posts or some compound of colorful customer service emails?

Old 06-15-2020, 10:29 AM   #5
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Is there a difference?

Old 06-15-2020, 10:29 AM   #6
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Excellent thread btw

Old 06-15-2020, 12:11 PM   #7
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Is there a difference?
i don't think any customer could be too irritated when purchasing from Netphoria's Amazon.com Link

Old 06-15-2020, 12:44 PM   #8
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i wish people wish everyone would stop using amazon!

=[

Old 06-15-2020, 12:46 PM   #9
yo soy el mejor

https://bookshop.org/pages/about & https://www.thriftbooks.com/ are good for finding the same wide range of books at good prices except these places support literacy and independent bookstores and authors. i used to get most academic and reading books from amazon or thriftbooks.

Old 06-15-2020, 12:48 PM   #10
yo soy el mejor

Thumbs up

"If you want to find a specific local bookstore to support, find them on our map and they’ll receive the full profit off your order. Otherwise, your order will contribute to an earnings pool that will be evenly distributed among independent bookstores (even those that don’t use Bookshop)."

Old 06-15-2020, 01:50 PM   #11
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Yeah, but do you have a similar website for sex toys? Because Amazon sells sex toys.

Step up, independent, community-minded, fair-wage, non-profit bookstores.

Old 06-15-2020, 01:56 PM   #12
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Default REEL In Rainbows LEEK (get it while it's hot!)

http://oink.cd/details.php?id=970300

better hurry, cuz I think it's a 160kps transcoded to 320kps, so oink will probably take it down pretty quickly.

videotape sounds almost nothing like the version on youtube...

Old 06-15-2020, 02:42 PM   #13
cork_soaker
full of longing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I’m writing to express my appreciation for the quality and warmth I’ve enjoyed from a single blue pair of thermal underwear bottoms that I’ve worn for (almost) every day of the past five and a half months.

As a *********** in the *********** region of ********, I have experienced many a chilly night this winter. Residences here are constructed primarily of cinder blocks with no insulation or heating systems and, despite the cold, often feature gaping holes in ceilings left open to the elements. I slept wearing layers of clothing and often awoke to temperatures in the low thirties in my bedroom.

On laundry days when I must go without, it becomes apparent how much I value my one pair of long johns-- that the luxury of a little extra warmth is so important when the majority of one’s creature comforts have been left behind across an ocean.

Though perhaps not so fresh, I’m amazed that after such extended use they haven’t become ragged or disintegrated. In fact, they are still going strong. Luckily, warmer days are more prevalent as spring eases its way into the mountain air, but you can bet I’ll be employing a pair next winter.

With great appreciation,

PS- I know that with such letters, an accompanying picture is often enjoyed. In this case, I think I’ll spare you.
really brings me back

Old 06-15-2020, 02:42 PM   #14
cork_soaker
full of longing

never got a reply, either

Old 06-15-2020, 03:16 PM   #15
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Yeah, but do you have a similar website for sex toys? Because Amazon sells sex toys.

Step up, independent, community-minded, fair-wage, non-profit bookstores.
oh come on. those r dime a dozen. i aint ur personal assistant, dude. look it up!

Old 06-15-2020, 05:18 PM   #16
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Old 06-15-2020, 05:22 PM   #17
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

that was no blooper, that man was on a mission & achieved it flawlessly

Old 06-15-2020, 06:32 PM   #18
yo soy el mejor

they're eating breakfast >_>

lol

Old 06-16-2020, 07:34 AM   #19
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i wish people wish everyone would stop using amazon!

=[
It's so hard though, with the sweet, sexy Netphoria Amazon Link tempting me every day.

Old 06-17-2020, 04:41 PM   #20
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Gatecrasher, 1 Year Ago

Quote:
Interesting interpretations from some of you. Even more interesting to me however, are the former "fan" reactions to this album. The cognitive dissonance is REAL. Some of you just can't accept that Pete went through this life, weighed the evidence, and chose god.

It triggers you just as much as it does the SJW's 99% of you profess to hate lol. Which makes me chuckle! I like to chuckle, in this world today you'll find less and less reason to do so... i must thank you i suppose. THANKS!

But i digress, it still doesn't give you a pass, not by any means lol. Chad, a D-bag who left his comment here in 2015 is particularly guilty of flinging his preconceived bs all over this album. Nobody gives a shit about your faith, or lackthereof! Pete left a message, either accept it, or at the very least respect it, did he sell out like so many do? NO, in fact it was the less popular stance, it would have been far easier to stay the course and keep talking about sex in the forest with women on the rag... i'm sure that's far more intellectually pleasing to you. October Rust is a masterpiece, but going down on a chick during her time of the month isn't exactly the height of intellectual lyrics, which many of you profess is one of Peters best qualities. OH I GET IT, when it's about religion you don't want to hear it... because muhstupidreligion

He could have stayed the course yes, but alas, he didn't do that. He admitted his faults, he warned others against his mistakes, and you call this WEAKNESS!? HA! He stayed true to what he always knew to be right in his heart of hearts. He didn't somehow capitulate in a state of weakness. He reached the peak of his knowledge!

As for Zionism, Pete was 100% correct. Many will disagree, but time will prove him right sadly. Pete had no hatred for the Jews, only the globalists in this world. The ones who pull the strings, behind closed doors, never to be spoken of like some sort of fucking Voldemort!!!!!! Think about that, long and HARD.

You want to know who rules over you? Find out who you can't criticize, and whom others shirk away from criticizing... even going as far as to ban, delete, shadowban, and ostracize any and all who speak against their goals!

The truth? I didn't care much for this album when it released, only over the past 6 months did i really give it another listen outside of September Sun (always liked that one) but this song in particular stands out to me now. Not just for its message, but it's pure artistic value. This is a very complex song, as is usual for Type O, but this one is one of the most complex.

A fact that was lost on me due to my disdain for the lyrics! Being atheist at the time i was simply turned off by it. Notice how i didn't leave a scathing review however, and i assure you, i was on this site in 07 reading comments, it's funny how things come full circle. But i left no comment bashing Pete, because he dared to pull me out of my f'ing echo chamber!

NAY, i simply wasn't ready to hear his message. If you aren't, that's fine. But i highly recommend keeping a recording of it somewhere. You'll want to reference most of this album over the next 10 years, a MOUNTAIN of evidence and countless hours of research have led me to this conclusion.

Believe, or don't, idc, but the people in charge of this world DO, and prophecy is EVERYTHING to them. This album is pure genius. Period.

Old 06-17-2020, 04:44 PM   #21
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

dufsnikk, 13 Years Ago

Quote:
Necrophage why do you think that all republicans are cristin? Im a republican and I hate the idea of a cristen religin. I worship Oden and Type O Negative is my faveret band I have every thing but the new album Dead Again.

Hail Oden!!!!!!!!
Type O Negative is the best band in the world!!!!!!

Old 06-17-2020, 04:45 PM   #22
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

necrophage, 13 Years Ago

Quote:
why dont you have the type o yet dufsnikk, its been out a week now, and 4 days prior to your post??

Old 06-17-2020, 04:47 PM   #23
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

chcklngbt, 7 Years Ago

Quote:
To those who wondered if he was involved in an abortion, I can confirm that he was. Just last night I watched/read an interview where he confirms his moral culpability with respect to an abortion.

Perhaps another time I will dig into the discrete lines. But this is quite clearly an ode to the faith he left long ago and to which he has since returned. He confesses a sin for which he feels strong remorse and then shares what is to him important doctrine in a metaphorical manner.

Old 06-17-2020, 04:48 PM   #24
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

necrophage, 13 Years Ago

Quote:
I really hope petes not a fucking republican

Old 06-17-2020, 04:51 PM   #25
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

chad0123, 4 Years Ago

Quote:
Unfortunately Peter Steele found Jesus fucking Christ again after his mother passed and he got out of rehab again. That is what I read, which means almost nothing in itself, but this seems to lay the ground work for a pretty solid acceptance of those written words.
Imagine how Josh must have felt!!!
This song is about abortion, but the deeper meaning for fans like myself is that Pete made the fundamental courage miph. He got closer to the end and denied what he knew was actually right, chirstian guilt held his mind in check for decades. What a pity that he gave in AGAIN after defeating the beast for so long. He HAD to view the entire battle with disdain no doubt, but to give up so close to the end, as in, there are no atheists in fox holes, is so disheartening. It gives the religious zealots a reason to cheer. We WON! They simply took another to his grave when he was terrofied and grief stricken. Pete had a life long struggle with depression. I relate. My mother passed, in an auto accident, just as his died the same year. I heard of her passing as I sat in a hosptial trying to keep my 3 year old son alive, my mother cold in the church she vistied every sunday for years after her head was smashed by a truck. My son lived, barely, she did not. Peter's mom missed the entry too, and left him. He expressed his great sympathy. The voltures swarm in such instances. Not to comfort, but to win one for THEIR team when we are so hurt and unable to focus or think. THey smawrmed me. I almost gave in too, when I read of Peter's choices. It was hard, He helped me tun a wise and informed eye from the treachery of religion in the late 80s'. I was a graduating child.
SO this song is ultimatley about his fear coming to life and him, after seeing his mother die, and carrying the guilt of her wanting him to be Christian (Catholic) gave in and "started to, afte losing my mother, take my faith and UPBRINGING more seriously." What a shame.
They will feast on the sorrow of others if it allows them to WIN! Never let your defenses down folks! It si a brutally opportunistic authority.
This song is also about Pete's strange late in life fascination toward things alien and mystical combined. The area 51 lyric and the rest are simply confused, drug laiden, and technically bad writing.
However, oddly enough, this is for sure one the top three songs on the record, and more importantly one of the best of the last three records they made before his death.
I knew Pete's love interest, a stripper from Kokomo, IN named Shannon. She made it to a couple of those HBO specials about strippers once. She was gorgeous and nearly physically perfect. She shared MANY stories with me including calling his phone and leaving a message on his voice mail once to prove to me that she was serious. She also dated Paul Stanely and Gene Simmons in some capacity, but not sexual where Paul was concerned. She said Peter was AMAZING, creative, and DEPRESSED, but also slightly ugly and very insecure about it. He used steroids nad cocaine primarily, and has an ENORMOUS PENIS. He was a littel bizzare sexually, and loved more than one woman at a time. These are the things she told a slithlgy obessed fan that happened to wear the right shirt into the club one afternoon when she happened to work a day shift.
This song demonstrates Peter's terror, which was obvious on every song he every wrote, that his greatest fear was dying and going to hell. He tried so feircely not to believe what he intellectually knew was nonsense, but in teh end, there are no atheists in foxholes, UNLESS THEY ARE RAISED AS ATHEISTS!
Th song says abortion is infanticide. I agree. It's terrible. If there was such a thing as sin it would count. Good for us all that there is no such thing as morality.
The last line could even be interpreted as suggesting that he. Peter, is the Christ.
he was not in a mentally steady place when he wrote this album.
The song itself is absoutley wonderful. I wish I could skip the lyrics, as usually the lyrics he wrote were a drivng part of teh reason I bought every album and listend to every song and went every time they came to Indy o Chilcago.
There are no atheists in foxholes if they have been poisoned with religious zealtosim their entire childhood. It is a VERY diffuclt thing to over come. Personal experince speaking. Much love my metal brothers and sisters,
God save the queen. leave Petere steel e to his fans.
Chad.

Old 06-17-2020, 04:52 PM   #26
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

deniedtherights, 13 Years Ago

Quote:
What's wrong with republicans, at least we don't support gay fags who want to tear apart our country.
Also I am a Christian and who ever "Oden" can S.M.D.
Rock on Pete, at least you got religon

Old 06-17-2020, 04:54 PM   #27
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

dmaye, 10 Years Ago

Quote:
WTF I'm a Zionist Christian Republican Gun Toting Redneck (that understands ole Pete's points, he's a smart man). I support the Jews to a point and hate killing babies and think God created Hitler to tell the Jewish (ALL PEOPLE) people to watch their asses there is always a bigger badder MFer on the block. As for Christ and his follower I think he is not only a prophet but a Savior (not the father on and holy ghost all in one). All you Democrat/non moral fucker out there just remember when the "World Coming Down"(pun intended) I will blame you for man up stairs and def not happy with the chooses we as man kind have made.

Old 06-19-2020, 02:27 PM   #28
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Post St. Baldrick's Day?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/p...1217537.column

I'm afraid it won't grow back.
They hear this excuse a lot at the National Childhood Cancer Foundation, home of St. Baldrick's Day, an international fundraiser that every year asks people to shave their heads for charity.
But, of course, the hair does grow back. In four years of extreme barbering, there's not one documented instance of a volunteer's hair not growing back.
I have an important social function coming up.
The cue-ball look lasts about a week. Three weeks after the shave, you'll look military. Two months later, you'll have short hair.
My head has some really ugly bumps, like a bad potato from the bargain bin. It's nothing any decent person would want to see.
This was the excuse that WTTW host Phil Ponce gave me last year for not participating--a variation on the common "My scalp is lumpy" excuse that organizers say many prospects give when asked to give their locks for the cause.
But, truth is, until you shave, you never know what you'll find up there.
It will scare the baby.
On the subject of children, it's important to remember that the purpose of St. Baldrick's Day is not to create squadrons of Billy Corgan look-alikes, but to raise money ($2 million last year) to fund research into childhood cancers.
It works like most other 'thons--participants solicit pledges from their friends and colleagues--but there's a profound symbolism behind the challenge: The bald look is to show solidarity with the 12,500 kids stricken with cancer each year, many of whom have their hair fall out during chemotherapy.
My shaving will offend people with cancer.
Cancer victims routinely show up at St. Baldrick's Day shaving events to lend support and are more than usually aware of the heartbreak of the families of the more than 2,300 children who die of various childhood cancers every year.
My wife won't let me.
Heather Kash, the promoter of the March 12 St. Baldrick's Day events in the Chicago area, says that whenever she has asked to speak to the allegedly objecting wife, the wife has been OK with the idea.
It's disgraceful, really, to blame someone else for one's own failure of nerve.
My kids won't let me.
Well, OK, this is not only an excuse that Heather Kash is hearing this year, it's also an excuse she's using: "My daughter is 14 and already horrified that I'm cutting my hair short," she said.
I'm a woman.
So far only about 5 of the 135 people signed up for a full shave at eight Chicago-area locations next month are women. Several other women, such as Kash, will undergo dramatic shortenings in a companion fundraiser, "Locks for Love."
Historically, fewer than 1 in 10 of those shaved on St. Baldrick's Day are women, for understandable reasons. Whereas the smooth scalp look is common, even trendy among men and recalls numerous cultural icons, total baldness in women is more closely associated with avant-garde lifestyles, science fiction or disease.
My head will get cold, my sunglasses won't stay on my head! My head will create a blinding glare! I'll never be able to use the excuse "It's a bad hair day!"
Get over yourself. Vanity meets fear at the razor's edge and the demurrals fly fast, thick and ridiculous. It's an adventure, shaving your head; a confrontation with the role of hair in identity; a possible realization that all these years you've been fussing with your coif, no one has really noticed or cared.
Every man should shave his head at least once in his life. St. Baldrick's Day is an ideal opportunity to do it, because if the result is blinding, shocking or tuberous, you can always fix your detractors with a cold stare and say "I did it to fight childhood cancer. You have a problem with that?"
But I did it last year.
Hey, that's my excuse!

Ummm... Maybe its unnecessary to make a thread here... Sorry.

Old 06-22-2020, 05:31 PM   #29
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down under the boob sweat

it's like a zillion degrees out and we don't have airconditioning in our apartment. i'm hanging out in my underwear because it's the only way i can deal.

i have to say one of the most annoying things about being a girl is the sweat that accumulates under my boobs.

kneepit sweat is a close second

Old 06-23-2020, 09:47 PM   #30
Disco King
Minion of Satan

"He'll get bored of this," you think to your self. "There's no way this thread will make it to page 2."