Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2018, 03:43 AM   #4711
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Star View Post
I cannot believe Netphoria has a reputation for harshness. No-idea how that gets out.
i will end you

Old 10-31-2018, 08:02 AM   #4712
FoolofaTook

he is your

end

Old 10-31-2018, 11:16 AM   #4713
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Shiny and oh so bright tour end comments...

Old 10-31-2018, 08:14 PM   #4714
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
go fuck yourself you pathetic lying piece of shit. you didn't even shell out the thirty bucks to fucking see them what the fuck do you know you trump-worshiping neanderthal
I live in British Columbia... I would've had to travel to Seattle or one of the Edmonton/Calgary shows... Would've been a costly endeavor... Really, it was the seating situation that deterred me from attending... I had such a poor experience with that at the GnR show, so I didn't wanna take the gamble... As much as I enjoyed the show, the crowd DOES look lame as hell at the Seattle gig... One of the worst I've ever seen.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:17 PM   #4715
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
IS A FACT
I'll bet you 20 dollars i can easily find at least 10 comments from shows (NOT INCLUDING THE SEATTLE SHOW) commenting that the vocals weren't as bad at other shows... Hell, if you were serious about betting, I'd guess that I could find 50 fairly easily.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:27 PM   #4716
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

I don't know why Billy sings like shit in the full band context, because he's usually near studio quality when he's doing a small acoustic set like this http://forums.netphoria.org/showpost...48&postcount=3

Old 10-31-2018, 08:29 PM   #4717
redbreegull

I would say opposite. That show he did of acoustic covers at Zuzu's last year was the most embarrassing performance I have ever seen from him

Old 10-31-2018, 08:42 PM   #4718
fuzzyroes
Banned

It's sad, but I just don't think there's much left in the tank as far as his vocals go...

Might be why he was so eager to do a reunion now, why he could still be at least serviceable... 5 to 10 years down the road he might not be able to pull it off... Happens to a lot of rock stars... Which is why it makes guys like Daltrey and Jagger so impressive.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:44 PM   #4719
redbreegull

nah, his vocals were far worse 2009-2016. He's had a big overall improvement since him and Jimmy and James played together in 2016 which is why I previously guessed he might have been seeing a vocal coach

Old 10-31-2018, 08:48 PM   #4720
fuzzyroes
Banned

It's only so long before Corgan gets into this kind of vocal territory

Old 10-31-2018, 08:49 PM   #4721
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
nah, his vocals were far worse 2009-2016. He's had a big overall improvement since him and Jimmy and James played together in 2016 which is why I previously guessed he might have been seeing a vocal coach
I think he's performing with vocal processors and those sort of tricks of the trade now... You can really notice it on some of the higher notes during the Shiny tour... I've never noticed at all on other tours.

Probably why he sounds a bit better overall.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:35 PM   #4722
redbreegull

what kind of vocal processors are you talking about? and were they just turned off for that seattle show? cause he doesn't sound good there, but he sounded great on other nights of the tour, as I already said

Old 10-31-2018, 10:02 PM   #4723
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

There's no processing, he just doesn't push his vocal chords like he used to, which singers aren't ever "supposed" to do. I can say from personal experience that singing properly is hard when you're on a loud stage and you're also playing guitar, because it takes conscious effort to coordinate your breathing and singing properly, all the while the guitar is weighting against your diaphragm area, where as when it's just you and the volume is lower, you can concentrate a lot more easily. I'd think Billy would have mastered this sort of thing by now, but he is still a rock star, and they've never been known for their professionalism.

It's funny to me to hear Billy say on instragram say that some Machina era live shows he was reviewing were sizzling hot, to paraphrase. He hears his own out of tune wailing and hears no problem with it, he thinks it's great.

Old 10-31-2018, 10:11 PM   #4724
fuzzyroes
Banned

The only way you can honestly measure the vocal quality is if there was 2 pro-shot videos to compare.

There's Seattle mobile-phone footage that sounds much better than the live stream.

If you can find the Jimmy Fallon pro-shot footage, you'll see that he sounds every bit as tired and weak as you claim he did in Seattle.

Old 11-06-2018, 06:36 AM   #4725
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Shiny and oh so bright Christmas special with -at least on concert posters- return of the Smashing Pumpkins to peak position.

Old 11-06-2018, 04:16 PM   #4726
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonumentsRocks View Post
There's no processing, he just doesn't push his vocal chords like he used to, which singers aren't ever "supposed" to do. I can say from personal experience that singing properly is hard when you're on a loud stage and you're also playing guitar, because it takes conscious effort to coordinate your breathing and singing properly, all the while the guitar is weighting against your diaphragm area, where as when it's just you and the volume is lower, you can concentrate a lot more easily. I'd think Billy would have mastered this sort of thing by now, but he is still a rock star, and they've never been known for their professionalism.

It's funny to me to hear Billy say on instragram say that some Machina era live shows he was reviewing were sizzling hot, to paraphrase. He hears his own out of tune wailing and hears no problem with it, he thinks it's great.
I don’t know how much you know about music - I’m an expert - but at the London show he was 100% getting some sort of help. It was only for certain moments but was very obvious when it happened. I’m not bothered at all, the show was great and he can mime the whole thing for all I care.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:38 PM   #4727
fuzzyroes
Banned

For me, that kinda thing bothers me.

When I see a band live, I wanna see authenticity. I'd rather hear the singer sound a little flat and off than masking it with filters and auto-tune... Unfortunately, this seems to be the industry standard now.

I still gotta tip my hat to the bands that refuse it... Mike Love in his 70's refuses to use any autotune or filters when he performs live. That's how it should be.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:48 PM   #4728
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I live in British Columbia... I would've had to travel to Seattle or one of the Edmonton/Calgary shows... Would've been a costly endeavor... Really, it was the seating situation that deterred me from attending... I had such a poor experience with that at the GnR show, so I didn't wanna take the gamble... As much as I enjoyed the show, the crowd DOES look lame as hell at the Seattle gig... One of the worst I've ever seen.
What was there a going out of business sale at the Canadian ellipses store or something? Kee-RIST!

Old 11-06-2018, 10:13 PM   #4729
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator View Post
I don’t know how much you know about music - I’m an expert - but at the London show he was 100% getting some sort of help. It was only for certain moments but was very obvious when it happened. I’m not bothered at all, the show was great and he can mime the whole thing for all I care.
The Seattle show, and maybe some other one, is available in its entirety. Can you point to one or two instances where it sounds like he's getting some real time pitch correction? And I'd ask, if they're using it at all, why are they not using it far more often?

Old 11-07-2018, 09:13 AM   #4730
FoolofaTook

I don't know how much you know about grammer - I"M AN EXPERT

Old 11-07-2018, 10:49 AM   #4731
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Forgot to check until today but Wembley is up.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:59 AM   #4732
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

FB-IMG-1541603196807

Rock in Rio Lisbon?
Brazil?
Solo or Pumpkins?

Old 11-07-2018, 01:05 PM   #4733
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

relax child someone just put hair on the b0lly statue

Old 11-19-2018, 02:34 PM   #4734
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I still gotta tip my hat to the bands that refuse it... Mike Love in his 70's refuses to use any autotune or filters when he performs live. That's how it should be.
LOL. Listen to the Beach Boys 50th anniversary album on Spotify. The use of live auto-tune is so egregious its laughable. It was the exact same live on that tour as it is in the recording, I was there. That they even tried to deny it is hilarious. Mike Love is an absolute knob.

Billy's auto-tune is not as noticeable because there are no harmonies for the most part, and they've refined the tech since 2012. It 100% was there.

Old 11-19-2018, 11:48 PM   #4735
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad View Post
LOL. Listen to the Beach Boys 50th anniversary album on Spotify. The use of live auto-tune is so egregious its laughable. It was the exact same live on that tour as it is in the recording, I was there. That they even tried to deny it is hilarious. Mike Love is an absolute knob.

Billy's auto-tune is not as noticeable because there are no harmonies for the most part, and they've refined the tech since 2012. It 100% was there.
Really? That's whack... He made a big point in his book of talking about how when they reunited with Brian for that tour that Brians wife had wanted to hook up autotune to all of the mics and he made a big point of putting the kibosh on it...

The book is rather new too... Odd.

I don't have spotify, but I'll take your word for it.

Old 11-19-2018, 11:50 PM   #4736
redbreegull

Attn all humans who don't know this: if you use the free version of spotify on your computer, it has almost all the features of premium. shit will change your life

Old 11-20-2018, 12:12 AM   #4737
fuzzyroes
Banned

What's the point? I can download any album in seconds with Soulseek.

I think Spotify actually came preloaded on my new computer, but I'm anti-streaming services. The artists get screwed while the labels prosper.

Old 11-20-2018, 01:03 AM   #4738
redbreegull

spotify allows you to listen to music you would never otherwise take the time to listen to. the amount of new music I have been listening to has exploded since I started using spotify.

also stop repeating some talking point you don't even understand

Old 11-20-2018, 02:16 AM   #4739
paranoid
Minion of Satan

I can’t read all of these comments about his vocals but I was actually at a show and his voice sounded fantastic. He’s been working on it. He sounded like shit when I saw SP in 2015.

There are no “processors” at play. His voice still sounded imperfect at the recent show, but his voice has ALWAYS been imperfect. There’s plenty of Siamese era live recordings to prove that. And MCIS, and adore, etc etc.

Old 11-20-2018, 12:40 PM   #4740
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
What's the point? I can download any album in seconds with Soulseek.

I think Spotify actually came preloaded on my new computer, but I'm anti-streaming services. The artists get screwed while the labels prosper.
whereas slsk pays millions by the hour