Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2018, 11:10 AM   #1561
thedeadofnight
Ownz

He once scolded me in the group for asking why so many of them thought Oceania was on par with MCIS

Old 07-11-2018, 01:18 PM   #1562
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Sometimes Billy didn't spend enough time looking at her:

Curious, what was Billy babbling about when she did this?

Old 07-11-2018, 02:07 PM   #1563
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Hour View Post
Talking about the P Daddy remixes of Ava Adore

Old 07-11-2018, 02:11 PM   #1564
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 07-11-2018, 02:19 PM   #1565
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Hour View Post

...cued up >>>

Old 07-11-2018, 02:30 PM   #1566
shadow47
Demi-God

It takes a really ugly person to defend BC at this point, and a really deluded one (or at least unknowledgable) to come up with the basis of a defense in the first place. It takes ignoring everything the average fan knows, and inventing new material based on wild assumption and/or extreme benefit of doubt. As bad as you might think he is, he is even worse.

Old 07-11-2018, 02:52 PM   #1567
paranoid
Minion of Satan

that Clay Tuckett guy is a real piece of shit. And yeah, he will find you all over the internet and harass you for having an opinion that differs from him.

Old 07-11-2018, 02:52 PM   #1568
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
...cued up >>>

Wow, that was pretty innocuous compared to some of the batshit insane and petty stuff he's spewed over the years. When I saw that gif, I assumed it was because he was talking about the lifesaving virtues of Jungian therapy or how Virgos are argumentative or something.

Old 07-11-2018, 02:54 PM   #1569
paranoid
Minion of Satan

to put in context, P Diddy was pretty fucking lame in 1998.

let's get back to talking about what a loser that clay tucket guy is.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:00 PM   #1570
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post

Oh yeah, I'm no Diddy fan. Talk about a guy who blew up almost entirely due to other people's accomplishments. No one would have paid attention to him if 1. His best friend Biggie hadn't died, thus enabling him to capitalize on it and 2. he didn't rip off a shit ton of earworm pop hits. Regarding the latter, I know that sampling has always been popular in hip hop, but he was taking the beats, the choruses, the verses, etc. Talk about a derivative asshat.

Anyway, yeah... that Clay guy seems like a tool.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:06 PM   #1571
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

I like that the remix has clearly come about through some sort of coked-up meeting at a ridiculous 1998 party

Old 07-11-2018, 03:14 PM   #1572
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Were those remixed ever released? I've never heard anything about them before.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:51 PM   #1573
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

The remix of "Ava Adore" appears on the Adore reissue. As far as I know, the "Perfect" remix has yet to surface.

Old 07-11-2018, 04:16 PM   #1574
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
Again, these are theories because Corgan won't talk about it. Also, like I've said a million times, why didn't they get in a room together in the last two years? If I was trying to reconcile with an old friend/business partner who I had an ugly falling out with and hadn't spoken to/seen in 16 years, I'd definitely make sure to meet with them in person to re-establish a friendship/trust before even thinking about any business partnership. Otherwise you are bound to have past mistrust issues pop up even just based on insecurities/doubts with communication exclusively via text/phone.
Corgan is prone to spout off on things and to me, at least at first, him being silent about what he thinks of her mental state, playing ability, interpersonal communication abilities, etc. is actually taking the high road. If D'arcy was silent, but it was Billy spilling bile about her it would definitely be seen as him being a dick and her taking the high road. No? It seemed like a huge step forward for him to be quiet while she was being "unprofessional" in sharing personal communications.

You fucking guys better not jump all over me. I'm not Billiam apologist - I don't know the guy, I'm just a super fan. I understand his dickishness in all this, BUT it would be so much better for the tour if she was included. It hurts them all. It would at least account for a 5% bump in sales (according to my calculations) and they could also do the over-the-top KISS/Eagles/Motley thing of huge press conferences and being able to freely use the "reunion" gimmick.

In a recent interview (Maybe Beats 1) he spoke of his initial sort of philosophical split with her. Something like she saw music as a "lifestyle thing" where he was 24/7. He noted, "we would get together and it was obvious she hadn't touched her instrument in 2 weeks." If he's pissy about her not playing for two weeks, imagine the trepidation of not playing for 18 years with this much on the line. He would certainly not go beyond the "Adler deal" in that situation. If she is unstable or at least not willing to submit her life to the band the whole thing would disintegrate if she was having issues every night and not being lock-step with a group of guys that are at the top of their game from a playing perspective. It would make the band legacy and their relationship worse than it is now. Is that hyperbolic to think of it that way?

She is silent now because she was surely descended upon by an army of lawyers due to the slanderous things she was saying. If you're cool it's not slanderous (or libelous?) but if you're a lawyer it is. BUT why hasn't she released any Fuck Off videos of her cranking through "Silverfuck" or "Hummer" or "Cherub Rock" to dispel the notion that she is way out of practice? Of course she doesn't have anything to prove to people that love her, but it wouldn't hurt her angle in this argument.

The in-person meeting thing is a he said/she said. I know they said she was invited to LA and she said it was bullshit, but didn't he recently say (Stern?) that he lives about 1.5 hours from her and could not get a meeting on the books?

If you leave a band because you don't like the oppressive attitude of the leader, you don't like touring, you don't like hours in the studio, you scoff at the dedication to your instrument and duties that are expected of you, you roll your eyes and undermine your bandmates in televised interviews, and you have drug/alcohol/mood issues, don't you think that her return would be treated cautiously (Adler role) at best? If she was the same it would work for a cash grab 10-month tour, but would be incredibly detrimental to the band if they were serious about forging ahead again as a unit.

Old 07-11-2018, 04:20 PM   #1575
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
The remix of "Ava Adore" appears on the Adore reissue. As far as I know, the "Perfect" remix has yet to surface.
I have a remix labelled "Perfect (Puff Remix)" that may or may not be a total sham—it starts off with bagpipes (which reappear during the chorus) and then leads into a pretty generic beat

The file is all fucked up, like it skips a bit, so it probably came from, like, Limewire?

I know absolutely nothing about trading so this must have been very widely available at some point—no clue if people ever decided it was real

Last edited by topleybird : 07-11-2018 at 04:24 PM. Reason: had a stray asterisk in there, fuck fuck fuck

Old 07-11-2018, 04:28 PM   #1576
KissesandNoise
Banned

Look at what she says here:

She's literally in one of the biggest bands in the world and complaining about working more than 6-hour days, complaining about recording and touring - I mean, come on. How could Corgan and her ever get along?

I've come to appreciate her role in the band much more as an editor of Billy and a tastemaker for the band, but despite those beneficial attributes, an attitude like that will bring a band down.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:44 PM   #1577
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissesandNoise View Post

She's literally in one of the biggest bands in the world and complaining about working more than 6-hour days, complaining about recording and touring - I mean, come on. How could Corgan and her ever get along?

I've come to appreciate her role in the band much more as an editor of Billy and a tastemaker for the band, but despite those beneficial attributes, an attitude like that will bring a band down.
oh shut the fuck up.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:51 PM   #1578
KissesandNoise
Banned

You! You should ... be the one ... your - you shut up!

Old 07-11-2018, 07:57 PM   #1579
bright_doom
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
I have a remix labelled "Perfect (Puff Remix)" that may or may not be a total sham—it starts off with bagpipes (which reappear during the chorus) and then leads into a pretty generic beat

The file is all fucked up, like it skips a bit, so it probably came from, like, Limewire?

I know absolutely nothing about trading so this must have been very widely available at some point—no clue if people ever decided it was real
I was going to post 2 youtube videos, but at the last second I remembered..
"Links to Smashing Pumpkins unreleased material is prohibited here"

Phew, dodged a bullet.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:51 PM   #1580
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

She was not complaining about working more than six hours. She just pointed out the same thing Billy did in the Confessions; that the album that became Adore was originally supposed to be a more off the cuff record, written and recorded in a more relaxed environment. Instead, it ended up being the same laborious process all the other Pumpkins albums were.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:00 PM   #1581
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post

I have this version and I also have not heard much about it anywhere before. It's really really good! It's my fav pumpkins remix - the only other good remix is the Cupid de Locke one on the MCIS reissue.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:21 PM   #1582
paranoid
Minion of Satan

do we know if in fact billy did throw some lawyers at D'arcy?

Old 07-11-2018, 11:05 PM   #1583
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Arrow

Quote:
oh shut the fuck up.
Seriously

Old 07-12-2018, 12:23 AM   #1584
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Corgan is prone to spout off on things and to me, at least at first, him being silent about what he thinks of her mental state, playing ability, interpersonal communication abilities, etc. is actually taking the high road. It seemed like a huge step forward for him to be quiet while she was being "unprofessional" in sharing personal communications.
*cough* Leaked photo of D’arcy on IG *cough*

Old 07-12-2018, 01:18 AM   #1585
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

I doubt Billy's lawyers went after D'arcy. The last time I talked to her in May she seemed to be in a good mood and wasn't even talking about the Pumpkins. This was about a month after she regularly stopped posting comments on Alternative Nation. I think she said her piece/vented and has just moved on. She's a very private person.

Billy attacking D'arcy, or even worse having lawyers threaten her, would totally destroy any positive publicity for the tour. Imagine those headlines. It'd shine an even bigger light on her not being there, and make Billy look like a total asshole and play into all of the worst media narratives about him. I do think the picture was probably retaliation, but it wasn't circulated too much fortunately due to the complete lack of context.

What is interesting is how Billy seemed to generally speak more positively about her on Stern last month, outside of the slander quote, compared to the Lars Ulrich and New York Times interviews that were conducted back in February where he said she'd 'burned the bridge forever.' He actually said she was eccentric in a good way on Stern, and even that 'maybe someday' she'd be back, but that he thought that ship had probably sailed.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:40 AM   #1586
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
What is interesting is how Billy seemed to generally speak more positively about her on Stern last month, outside of the slander quote, compared to the Lars Ulrich and New York Times interviews that were conducted back in February where he said she'd 'burned the bridge forever.' He actually said she was eccentric in a good way on Stern, and even that 'maybe someday' she'd be back, but that he thought that ship had probably sailed.

>>>

Quote:
Do you still feel any rancor towards other band members about the way it ended?

“Uhhh… I’m OK with Jimmy. We don’t have a relationship at the moment, but I mean, I have no ill will. I want to see him do well. James Iha I think is just a piece of shit. I think he’s one of the worst human beings I’ve ever met in my life. And D’arcy, she’s sort of, in her own way, sort of an innocent.”

Old 07-12-2018, 01:58 AM   #1587
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Some "Sad Machines" are now undermining even a turkish D'arcy fanclub site on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1725...PGPDYSIyL1hamo

I don't understand why people ever post stuff like this. Do they think Billy is gonna read it and then become their friend or something? You can tell he's super jealous about Alternative Nation scoring the interview. Some SP fans really are deranged.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:28 AM   #1588
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

just some?

Old 07-12-2018, 06:32 AM   #1589
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Corgan is prone to spout off on things and to me, at least at first, him being silent about what he thinks of her mental state, playing ability, interpersonal communication abilities, etc. is actually taking the high road. If D'arcy was silent, but it was Billy spilling bile about her it would definitely be seen as him being a dick and her taking the high road. No? It seemed like a huge step forward for him to be quiet while she was being "unprofessional" in sharing personal communications.

You fucking guys better not jump all over me. I'm not Billiam apologist - I don't know the guy, I'm just a super fan. I understand his dickishness in all this, BUT it would be so much better for the tour if she was included. It hurts them all. It would at least account for a 5% bump in sales (according to my calculations) and they could also do the over-the-top KISS/Eagles/Motley thing of huge press conferences and being able to freely use the "reunion" gimmick.

In a recent interview (Maybe Beats 1) he spoke of his initial sort of philosophical split with her. Something like she saw music as a "lifestyle thing" where he was 24/7. He noted, "we would get together and it was obvious she hadn't touched her instrument in 2 weeks." If he's pissy about her not playing for two weeks, imagine the trepidation of not playing for 18 years with this much on the line. He would certainly not go beyond the "Adler deal" in that situation. If she is unstable or at least not willing to submit her life to the band the whole thing would disintegrate if she was having issues every night and not being lock-step with a group of guys that are at the top of their game from a playing perspective. It would make the band legacy and their relationship worse than it is now. Is that hyperbolic to think of it that way?

She is silent now because she was surely descended upon by an army of lawyers due to the slanderous things she was saying. If you're cool it's not slanderous (or libelous?) but if you're a lawyer it is. BUT why hasn't she released any Fuck Off videos of her cranking through "Silverfuck" or "Hummer" or "Cherub Rock" to dispel the notion that she is way out of practice? Of course she doesn't have anything to prove to people that love her, but it wouldn't hurt her angle in this argument.

The in-person meeting thing is a he said/she said. I know they said she was invited to LA and she said it was bullshit, but didn't he recently say (Stern?) that he lives about 1.5 hours from her and could not get a meeting on the books?

If you leave a band because you don't like the oppressive attitude of the leader, you don't like touring, you don't like hours in the studio, you scoff at the dedication to your instrument and duties that are expected of you, you roll your eyes and undermine your bandmates in televised interviews, and you have drug/alcohol/mood issues, don't you think that her return would be treated cautiously (Adler role) at best? If she was the same it would work for a cash grab 10-month tour, but would be incredibly detrimental to the band if they were serious about forging ahead again as a unit.

Who would hire someone who hasnt played her instrument for 19 years regularly? Who would want to go on tour with someone who has an alcohol, pill or psychological prob??
Would you take that risk?

Billy is a psycho but he is the boss. Darcy is a insecure posssible drug addicted cow girl who feels let down.

I am glad that she isnt there cause i dont wanna see a musical disaster

Old 07-12-2018, 06:54 AM   #1590
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
i dont wanna see a musical disaster
LOL then what the hell you doing here ???