Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017, 11:24 PM   #151
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: in your father
Posts: 20,512
Default

You should compose and record a song about staying away from psychotropics.

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:24 PM   #152
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: in your father
Posts: 20,512
Default

At all costs.

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 03:28 AM   #153
noyen
Immortal
 
noyen's Avatar
 
Posts: 26,613
Default

anyone have feelings on suicide? my oldest brother committed suicide so I have em. and have definitely thought about it myself many many many thousands of times.

 
noyen is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 03:34 AM   #154
reprise85
modding for justice
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.
Posts: 29,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
Ativan/Lorazepam eh? A sedative used for anxiety in some cases, but mainly for helping with seizures in epileptics. Something about that doesn't seem congruent.


Side effects:

Can cause paranoid or suicidal ideation and impair memory, judgment, and coordination.


I guess it impaired all but his coordination? messssed up man...stay away from the psychotropics at all costs.
you have no idea what you're talking about, as usual. lorazepam is commonly prescribed for anxiety and sleep and most of the benzos are used in the same way and also for epilepsy. in other words, it is congruent and they mostly all work like that (medium and long acting benzos do, anyway)

and if a regular user like he apparently was were to experience those effects acutely he probably took much more than prescribed and probably his coordination was impaired but hanging yourself with a belt doesn't require many fine motor movements

my thoughts are giving former addicts benzos is dangerous in many cases, because they are intoxicating and can lead to addiction themselves and this is not uncommon. however, some people can take them responsibly even with an addiction history. i couldn't. lorazepam is not as intoxicating as say xanax in the same doses but all you need to do is take more

Last edited by reprise85 : 05-20-2017 at 03:40 AM.

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 03:41 AM   #155
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead
 
teh b0lly!!1's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 15,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
anyone have feelings on suicide? my oldest brother committed suicide so I have em. and have definitely thought about it myself many many many thousands of times.
i do.

sorry about your brother.

 
teh b0lly!!1 is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 03:42 AM   #156
reprise85
modding for justice
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.
Posts: 29,136
Default

me too.

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 03:46 AM   #157
Shallowed
Braindead
 
Shallowed's Avatar
 
Location: my parent's house in a shitty backwater country town
Posts: 15,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
my oldest brother committed suicide.
When did that happen? How old was he?

 
Shallowed is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:55 AM   #158
pavementtune
**************
 
Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
Posts: 7,635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
anyone have feelings on suicide? my oldest brother committed suicide so I have em. and have definitely thought about it myself many many many thousands of times.
by now my set of thoughts changes with context. first, how old were they (is their mom still alive...) then second, do they have children and how old are they, and then I'm pretty much done already.
too many over the years to have a whole lot of thoughts about people I don't know personally who choose that path.

 
pavementtune is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:12 AM   #159
smashingjj
mother rater
 
smashingjj's Avatar
 
Location: calm boy
Posts: 30,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
you have no idea what you're talking about, as usual. lorazepam is commonly prescribed for anxiety and sleep and most of the benzos are used in the same way and also for epilepsy. in other words, it is congruent and they mostly all work like that (medium and long acting benzos do, anyway)

and if a regular user like he apparently was were to experience those effects acutely he probably took much more than prescribed and probably his coordination was impaired but hanging yourself with a belt doesn't require many fine motor movements

my thoughts are giving former addicts benzos is dangerous in many cases, because they are intoxicating and can lead to addiction themselves and this is not uncommon. however, some people can take them responsibly even with an addiction history. i couldn't. lorazepam is not as intoxicating as say xanax in the same doses but all you need to do is take more
you sound like you just came back from church.

the church of the religious left.

where BIG PHARMA is a good thing.

 
smashingjj is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:38 AM   #160
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Funbags's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,529
Talking


 
Funbags is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:49 AM   #161
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
yo soy el mejor's Avatar
 
Location: spiceworld
Posts: 40,755
Default

i won't even take tylenol for a headache and had a fit when tim insisted i take some chewable pepto tablets. i was walking in little circles in the kitchen trying to chew as fast as possible without closing my mouth all the way and making tortured noises. i've always been like that, which made no sense to me when i would try any drug or drink under the sun that was offered to me.

 
yo soy el mejor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:32 AM   #162
noyen
Immortal
 
noyen's Avatar
 
Posts: 26,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
When did that happen? How old was he?
He was a month away from 29.

 
noyen is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:35 AM   #163
noyen
Immortal
 
noyen's Avatar
 
Posts: 26,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i do.

sorry about your brother.
I'm glad you talk about it openly. Thanks it's been a while but it's happened many years ago now but it's something that I don't think me or my family will ever "get over". the feelings and hurt just mutate over time.

 
noyen is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:05 PM   #164
reprise85
modding for justice
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.
Posts: 29,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i won't even take tylenol for a headache and had a fit when tim insisted i take some chewable pepto tablets. i was walking in little circles in the kitchen trying to chew as fast as possible without closing my mouth all the way and making tortured noises. i've always been like that, which made no sense to me when i would try any drug or drink under the sun that was offered to me.
yeah my overall question is "why though?"

i don't pop ibuprofen at the smallest pain but if it's moderate to severe, yeah. it's not like we don't ingest substances all the time. better living through chemistry

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #165
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
yo soy el mejor's Avatar
 
Location: spiceworld
Posts: 40,755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
yeah my overall question is "why though?"

i don't pop ibuprofen at the smallest pain but if it's moderate to severe, yeah. it's not like we don't ingest substances all the time. better living through chemistry
i dunno. i get it from my mom. drown a flu. starve a cold. or something like that.

i guess i'm just a glutton for punishment.

 
yo soy el mejor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 02:28 PM   #166
Cool As Ice Cream
Immortal
 
Cool As Ice Cream's Avatar
 
Location: František! How's the foot of your turtle?
Posts: 29,863
Default

chris cornelo killed himself becuz of fuzzyroes.

thanks a lot, fuzzyroes. thanks a lot.

 
Cool As Ice Cream is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:24 PM   #167
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Funbags's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,529
Default

Chris Cornell's suicide is affecting me more than I expected, and I've never really even followed his music. I mean, Soundgarden had some real cool jams, but I'm watching the Soundgarden rig rundown and realizing Chris Cornell is gone.


 
Funbags is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:50 PM   #168
The Omega Concern
Banned
 
Location: stay, far, away
Posts: 8,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
you have no idea what you're talking about, as usual. lorazepam is commonly prescribed for anxiety and sleep and most of the benzos are used in the same way and also for epilepsy. in other words, it is congruent and they mostly all work like that (medium and long acting benzos do, anyway)
I know a bit about big pharma and their methods of indoctrin...education. You merely reiterated stats without numbers without mentioning anything about the physiological impact of the drug.

It only makes sense in a linear fashion of those reactions to prescribe an anti-seizure drug for anxiety, but the incongruence would be in the accelerant rate of it after taking it. He may have been prescribed correctly under their narrow focus of science, but if a patient overloads and OD's, notice how the side effects are not the crippling of vital organs, but an impairment of various aspects of judgement and coordination.

"Suicidal Ideation". Big Pharma can write off this incongruence in logic and their science because they have such near complete control of the health industry from patient to doctor. They will make so much money off the industry they can literally write off whatever lawsuits come their way and the run the math accordingly to see the profits dwarf the litigation. I imagine a big one is coming their way on behalf of the Cornell family.




Used to treat

Benign Rolandic Epilepsy
Childhood and Juvenile Absence Epilepsy
Dravet Syndrome
Hypothalamic Hamartoma
Infantile Spasms/West’s Syndrome
Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy
Landau-Kleffner Syndrome
Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
Rasmussen’s Syndrome
Ring Chromosome 20 Syndrome
Reflex Epilepsies
Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
Absence Seizures
Atonic Seizures
Atypical Absence Seizures
Clonic Seizures
Complex Partial Seizures
Febrile Seizures
Myoclonic Seizures
Refractory Seizures
Secondarily Generalized Seizures
Simple Partial Seizures
Tonic Seizures
Tonic-clonic Seizures



There's better ways to treat anxiety than with something that is prescribed for the above. Anxiety is a nice catch-all term though for life's suffering, how else could a corrupt industry keep the profits rolling?

 
The Omega Concern is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:09 PM   #169
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: in your father
Posts: 20,512
Default

ATONIC

sounds like the title of the new sleep album.

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:58 PM   #170
smashingjj
mother rater
 
smashingjj's Avatar
 
Location: calm boy
Posts: 30,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
I know a bit about big pharma and their methods of indoctrin...education. You merely reiterated stats without numbers without mentioning anything about the physiological impact of the drug.

It only makes sense in a linear fashion of those reactions to prescribe an anti-seizure drug for anxiety, but the incongruence would be in the accelerant rate of it after taking it. He may have been prescribed correctly under their narrow focus of science, but if a patient overloads and OD's, notice how the side effects are not the crippling of vital organs, but an impairment of various aspects of judgement and coordination.

"Suicidal Ideation". Big Pharma can write off this incongruence in logic and their science because they have such near complete control of the health industry from patient to doctor. They will make so much money off the industry they can literally write off whatever lawsuits come their way and the run the math accordingly to see the profits dwarf the litigation. I imagine a big one is coming their way on behalf of the Cornell family.




Used to treat

Benign Rolandic Epilepsy
Childhood and Juvenile Absence Epilepsy
Dravet Syndrome
Hypothalamic Hamartoma
Infantile Spasms/West’s Syndrome
Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy
Landau-Kleffner Syndrome
Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
Rasmussen’s Syndrome
Ring Chromosome 20 Syndrome
Reflex Epilepsies
Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
Absence Seizures
Atonic Seizures
Atypical Absence Seizures
Clonic Seizures
Complex Partial Seizures
Febrile Seizures
Myoclonic Seizures
Refractory Seizures
Secondarily Generalized Seizures
Simple Partial Seizures
Tonic Seizures
Tonic-clonic Seizures



There's better ways to treat anxiety than with something that is prescribed for the above. Anxiety is a nice catch-all term though for life's suffering, how else could a corrupt industry keep the profits rolling?

 
smashingjj is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:07 PM   #171
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead
 
teh b0lly!!1's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 15,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
I'm glad you talk about it openly. Thanks it's been a while but it's happened many years ago now but it's something that I don't think me or my family will ever "get over". the feelings and hurt just mutate over time.
to be perfectly honest i typed up a follow up response where i went into more detail but i scrapped it because i don't wanna pity party and no one care.

regardless of that stuff though, i can't imagine what it feels like to lose a sibling to something like that. it's hard to judge a person who decided to end it, because it comes from pain that's impossible to deal with (and i know firsthand because i've considered it, as you say, many thousands of times) but it does leave an unbelievable amount of scorched earth.

 
teh b0lly!!1 is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 03:58 AM   #172
reprise85
modding for justice
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.
Posts: 29,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
I know a bit about big pharma and their methods of indoctrin...education. You merely reiterated stats without numbers without mentioning anything about the physiological impact of the drug.

It only makes sense in a linear fashion of those reactions to prescribe an anti-seizure drug for anxiety, but the incongruence would be in the accelerant rate of it after taking it. He may have been prescribed correctly under their narrow focus of science, but if a patient overloads and OD's, notice how the side effects are not the crippling of vital organs, but an impairment of various aspects of judgement and coordination.

"Suicidal Ideation". Big Pharma can write off this incongruence in logic and their science because they have such near complete control of the health industry from patient to doctor. They will make so much money off the industry they can literally write off whatever lawsuits come their way and the run the math accordingly to see the profits dwarf the litigation. I imagine a big one is coming their way on behalf of the Cornell family.

Used to treat

Benign Rolandic Epilepsy
Childhood and Juvenile Absence Epilepsy
Dravet Syndrome
Hypothalamic Hamartoma
Infantile Spasms/West’s Syndrome
Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy
Landau-Kleffner Syndrome
Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
Rasmussen’s Syndrome
Ring Chromosome 20 Syndrome
Reflex Epilepsies
Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
Absence Seizures
Atonic Seizures
Atypical Absence Seizures
Clonic Seizures
Complex Partial Seizures
Febrile Seizures
Myoclonic Seizures
Refractory Seizures
Secondarily Generalized Seizures
Simple Partial Seizures
Tonic Seizures
Tonic-clonic Seizures



There's better ways to treat anxiety than with something that is prescribed for the above. Anxiety is a nice catch-all term though for life's suffering, how else could a corrupt industry keep the profits rolling?
The side effects being neurological and not crippling organs is a GOOD thing, that is precisely why it is a good choice as an anti-anxiety drug. It is also very very hard to die from taking too much lorazepam, unless it is mixed with another/other drug(s). And that is why they replaces barbiturates almost completely. BTW, your list is mostly different types of seizures and disorders that cause seizures.

I am very pro-CBT and other therapies for treating anxiety for many reasons. So I agree, benzos are not ideal and as a long term treatment should be near last resort. However, they are good drugs exactly because they have basically no toxic effects on the body, only temporary GABAnergic effects. Another drug that helps anxiety is alcohol, but it is much more addictive and much more damaging to the body.

As far as it causing suicidal ideation, two points. There are all sorts of medications that paradoxically raise problems they are supposed to be treating. For example, Advair which is an asthma medication, is correlated with a higher likelihood of dying from asthma. However, a large portion of that difference is because for someone to take Advair, their asthma is necessarily moderate to severe, which means they are much more likely to die from it in general, not because of the medication. However, that does not account for the entire statistic, to be sure. Similarly, someone taking benzos, especially long term, is much more likely to have all kinds of psychological symptoms precisely because they are the type of person who can benefit from taking benzos.

All of this being said, big pharma is a scam and I totally agree with that. But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 04:20 AM   #173
brutechinasky
Demi-God
 
Posts: 482
Default

RIP Alan Vega
Hope someone titled his topic he's lying IN HELL Like Frankie.
Can't be bothered to search

 
brutechinasky is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 04:32 AM   #174
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster
 
qwerty sp's Avatar
 
Location: Slurm factory
Posts: 1,626
Default

He's not in hell, he's just a ghost rider

 
qwerty sp is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:25 PM   #175
reprise85
modding for justice
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.
Posts: 29,136
Default

that's terrible. another opiate epidemic-related death, sucks it had to end that way for him and that his family has to live with it

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 10:39 PM   #176
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead
 
teh b0lly!!1's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 15,399
Default

man that sounds absolutely gutting for his wife. i feel so bar for her

 
teh b0lly!!1 is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:14 PM   #177
The Omega Concern
Banned
 
Location: stay, far, away
Posts: 8,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Fuck, more disturbing news coming out.

Turns out he was shooting up again.

"We've learned [Chris] had fresh track marks on his arm when his body was discovered in a Detroit hotel room.

"Sources connected to the investigation tell us the track marks were 'obvious.' The singer had a history of using drugs. The toxicology tests will reveal what drugs were found in Chris' system.


Further details about what went down that night:

"He was complaining about the show and his crew, saying, 'They fucked up again. They had 3 days to fix my in-ears and I was getting static. I couldn't hear.'

"He then started to complain, 'I blew my voice. I blew my voice.' He kept repeating it. And then he changed the subject to something that made no sense.

"Vicky says she knew something was seriously wrong and said to Chris, 'I need to know what you took tonight. You don't sound right, sweetheart.' He replied, 'I was really angry and I just took two Ativan. I'm really pissed and I had to calm myself down.'

"Vicky replied, 'I need to know what you took. It doesn't sound like two Ativan. It sounds like you took something else. You need to tell me now what you took. I forgive you.'

"Vicky says at that point Chris' entire demeanor changed. He got aggressive - not toward her - but his tone was 'cocky and aggressive.' She says she immediately had a flashback to 14 years before, when Chris was abusing Oxycontin, when it got so bad at one point he nearly died.

"Chris then changed the subject and made no sense at all. Vicky panicked, hung up and called Chris' bodyguard, begging him to race over to his room and get inside, and she said if he had to knock the door down then so be it. She had never had someone check on him in 14 years, but she was afraid he would die.

"She says the bodyguard knocked down the front door but couldn't knock down the second, so she used a second phone to call the hotel and plead with them to open the interior door. She was screaming, 'He's having a heart attack.'

"Vicky was still on the phone with the bodyguard when he was able to knock down the second door and saw Chris' body hanging from an exercise band.

"Vicky says it took around 30 minutes from the time she hung up with Chris to the time the bodyguard found Chris."

Don't get sucked in with emotions about a suicide of this nature. If you want to know more about his mindset, stick to how its being portrayed he killed himself and put it up against what's known about the actual scene itself.


Quote:
(AP) - A newspaper is reporting that a Detroit police report says a bodyguard gave singer Chris Cornell two prescription pills for anxiety about an hour before finding him unresponsive on the bathroom floor of a hotel room.
First discrepancy. Was he found suspended, or on the floor? No small matter involving a hanging. The above is alleged to be from a police report obtained by the Detroit Free Press. It states he was on the floor, if true, next question: how did he end up there after choking to death hanging from a 'band' around his neck?

 
The Omega Concern is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:35 PM   #178
reprise85
modding for justice
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.
Posts: 29,136
Default

We went through this with Robin Williams, TOC. Partial suspension hanging often ends with the person on the floor, in an almost sitting position.

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 01:56 AM   #179
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 27,317
Default

but but but conspiracies!

 
redbreegull is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:47 AM   #180
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead
 
teh b0lly!!1's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 15,399
Default

the lizard people killed Pharell Cornwell

 
teh b0lly!!1 is online now
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
netphorian haikus Dogfighter28 General Chat Archive 93 08-04-2013 09:53 AM
Kick-Ass was a far better movie than I expected Nimrod's Son General Chat Archive 45 06-14-2012 05:02 AM
translationparty.com redbull General Chat Archive 64 08-21-2009 01:15 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2014