Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 04-04-2017, 11:53 PM   #511
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
That's really great fuzz. Keep it up. Teeth are forever. I also am in the 28 teeth club. Had them pulled at 21 years old I believe. The start of my love of taking care of my teeth/mouth
This is true. If you have dental problems like rotting teeth or gum problems it has a direct affect on your entire immune system.

I still have 1 wisdom tooth that I didn't get pulled because there was some intern shithead who "was performing the procedure" without my prior knowledge and he had to get me on the max level of dosage of meds to pull the 3... And it was the worst imaginable pain... He was just wrigling and prying and wedging, and he couldn't get one so he called in "the real dentist" and he just effortlessly pulls it.

My roots to the teeth were all long and super twisty, but the guy was fucking idiot.

Old 04-04-2017, 11:56 PM   #512
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Do you use an electric or manual tooth brush?
Manual and usually the cheapest ones at the store, but soft. Toothpaste wise, I like really granular ones and those with stannous fluoride are supposed to be the best, but many times I use Colgate cavity protection (this is like, the toothpastiest toothpaste). By no means do you need to spend a lot to be kind to your teeth.

I like thicker flosses, but I use what is on sale. It's all in the method. Do not act like you are cutting cheese with a wire. Your gums will bleed in the first few weeks but keep it up and eventually they'll be wonderfully neutral. The dentist said, when using the tool to measure periodontic health (which is like a little dip stick for the gums) that it always hurts. Nope, it feels fine.

I floss, brush, and then brush again at night. I'll usually brush after breakfast (not before, wtf) but not in the middle of the day. Warm, sweetened drinks excite the bacteria and I can't stand that fuzzy biofilm feeling so I'll wipe that off with paper and throw it out sometimes if that happens.

Old 04-04-2017, 11:58 PM   #513
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
This is true. If you have dental problems like rotting teeth or gum problems it has a direct affect on your entire immune system.

I still have 1 wisdom tooth that I didn't get pulled because there was some intern shithead who "was performing the procedure" without my prior knowledge and he had to get me on the max level of dosage of meds to pull the 3... And it was the worst imaginable pain... He was just wrigling and prying and wedging, and he couldn't get one so he called in "the real dentist" and he just effortlessly pulls it.

My roots to the teeth were all long and super twisty, but the guy was fucking idiot.
Awful. I was under. I didn't even feel pain afterwards. I was given Vicodin and didn't take it. I might now if I had it done but I was invincible then and honestly I think other stuff, like ear infections, hurt a lot more.

If your wisdom tooth isn't giving you problems then keep it. I would have (the more teeth the merrier)

Old 04-04-2017, 11:59 PM   #514
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I remember sleeping a lot and also being upset that I couldn't brush my teeth

Old 04-05-2017, 12:20 AM   #515
cork_soaker
full of longing

fucking hell

Old 04-05-2017, 12:28 AM   #516
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Manual and usually the cheapest ones at the store, but soft. Toothpaste wise, I like really granular ones and those with stannous fluoride are supposed to be the best, but many times I use Colgate cavity protection (this is like, the toothpastiest toothpaste). By no means do you need to spend a lot to be kind to your teeth.

I like thicker flosses, but I use what is on sale. It's all in the method. Do not act like you are cutting cheese with a wire. Your gums will bleed in the first few weeks but keep it up and eventually they'll be wonderfully neutral. The dentist said, when using the tool to measure periodontic health (which is like a little dip stick for the gums) that it always hurts. Nope, it feels fine.

I floss, brush, and then brush again at night. I'll usually brush after breakfast (not before, wtf) but not in the middle of the day. Warm, sweetened drinks excite the bacteria and I can't stand that fuzzy biofilm feeling so I'll wipe that off with paper and throw it out sometimes if that happens.
That's good. I never floss, which I'm starting to worry about now that I'm getting older... I think I've only flossed about 5 times in my life, which is insane considering the lack of dental problems I've had. But I really should start now that I'm getting older.. It just strikes me as a bit of a pain in the ass.

Old 04-05-2017, 12:29 AM   #517
fuzzyroes
Banned

Bonnie, you should really upgrade to an electric brush though. SOoooo much better... You get that dental clean feeling after every brush.

Old 04-05-2017, 12:29 AM   #518
fuzzyroes
Banned

Way better for your gums too.

Old 04-05-2017, 12:43 AM   #519
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
I'll usually brush after breakfast (not before, wtf)
when you eat and drink it alters the pH of your teeth

you are supposed to wait 20 minutes after eating to brush, otherwise you are contributing to enamel decay. you should never brush right after eating or drinking

Old 04-05-2017, 12:49 AM   #520
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

why do we have three chat threads

Old 04-05-2017, 03:34 AM   #521
LaBelle
Socialphobic

and why do I have to look at people's gums?

Old 04-05-2017, 03:37 AM   #522
Trotskilicious
Banned

what's in this chat thread that is different from the other two?

Old 04-05-2017, 03:39 AM   #523
LaBelle
Socialphobic

This was meant to replace the "new chat thread" but people just keep posting on both.

Friday/saturday drunk is more dating/relationship/drinking focused chat I believe.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:48 AM   #524
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i mean i don't feel 'sick', it's just some junk stuck in my middle ears it's not like i have a cold or anything. it's frustrating but that's really it. technically i probably do have a sinus infection but it's chronic and i don't feel it worse than any other day
Oh? Well shit I take my sentiments right back! Shoulda gone to class ya lazybones lol

Old 04-05-2017, 09:36 AM   #525
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post

you are supposed to wait 20 minutes after eating to brush, otherwise you are contributing to enamel decay. you should never brush right after eating or drinking
I probably do without thinking of it

Old 04-05-2017, 10:31 AM   #526
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Bonnie, you should really upgrade to an electric brush though. SOoooo much better... You get that dental clean feeling after every brush.
I don't see why if this has obviously worked for me. And why is something more expensive supposed to work any better? I really don't like the fetishization and how everything is becoming a luxury good when these should be basic amenities. Like toothbrushes, healthcare, cars, countertops, food, etc.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:33 AM   #527
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

That isn't 100% and I'm certainly not immune to the charm of luxury goods but I think an argument can be made between something frivolous and something essential.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:48 AM   #528
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Analog tooth brushing is the only way to go.
It takes true skill to get a great brushing from a normal brush.

Electric brushes are for lazy people.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:15 AM   #529
yo soy el mejor

bras and toothbrushes should be free. i always buy what ever toothbrush is on sale. just last week i bought an electric toothbrush because it was on sale and buy one get one free so i bought the tooth brush with the head and for the free item i got a box of 3 replacement heads. that was 4 toothbrushes for 5 dollars.

i floss my teeth once in a while and use a metal dental pick at home. i haven't been to the dentist in maybe 10+ years, but they look good to me. except that i smoke. :s

i've always liked brushing my teeth. as a kid i would sit with my toothbrush and bowl of water in front of the television and just brush my teeth. i sometimes just kinda get lost in cleaning and taking care of them..

Old 04-05-2017, 11:18 AM   #530
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post

OHHHHHHSHIT I DID NOT KNOW THIS TEETH R PROBABLY IRREPARABLY FUGGED BY NOW THANKS A LOT OBAMA

Old 04-05-2017, 11:23 AM   #531
yo soy el mejor

dude, you can at least gargle with water.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:46 AM   #532
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I wanted to walk to the train station today and show my Dutch friends some stuff but I played with my rats too long. Victoria is now the same size as Clover. They're getting spayed next week.

So I drove to the station and in spot 38, my defacto spot, was a beemer. Parked like this: http://i.imgur.com/LhDQajNh.jpg why???

Old 04-05-2017, 11:49 AM   #533
LaBelle
Socialphobic

More like defuncto spot.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:50 AM   #534
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Mike said "probably because they don't want it to get damaged" but does anyone want their things to be damaged? I don't want my car to be damaged. Don't you think if you have a luxury car that you can afford body work in that case?

Also one time I was loading soil on to a cart for a woman at Home Depot and she freaked out about a slightly ripped bag (they're all a little ripped, or dirty, or wet. It's soil and we keep it outside) because she has a porsche and therefore she doesn't want or deserve dirt in her car anymore than anyone else 🙄

Old 04-05-2017, 11:51 AM   #535
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

You can just fill my cheap little car with soil. I'll grow some cabbage or something.

Old 04-05-2017, 12:53 PM   #536
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

amazon prime charged me the full cost instead of the student price. so i go onto help and click prime account and they have a thing like "your student prime account eligibility expired [day before new bill]. if you are still attending please send us [proof of whatever sort] and we will refund the $99 and charge you $49"

motherfucker why didn't you send me a notice i needed to send a transcript in before you charged me the wrong price, instead of making me search for what was wrong and then reversing it

Old 04-05-2017, 01:01 PM   #537
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
amazon prime charged me the full cost instead of the student price. so i go onto help and click prime account and they have a thing like "your student prime account eligibility expired [day before new bill]. if you are still attending please send us [proof of whatever sort] and we will refund the $99 and charge you $49"

motherfucker why didn't you send me a notice i needed to send a transcript in before you charged me the wrong price, instead of making me search for what was wrong and then reversing it
*in my dads voice: "Mmmmyep!! That's how they getcha!!!" followed by smug nodding

Old 04-05-2017, 01:07 PM   #538
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
I wanted to walk to the train station today and show my Dutch friends some stuff but I played with my rats too long. Victoria is now the same size as Clover. They're getting spayed next week.

So I drove to the station and in spot 38, my defacto spot, was a beemer. Parked like this: http://i.imgur.com/LhDQajNh.jpg why???
You didn't bring your bazooka by any chance? I always bring a bazooka when i go parking. Just to be sure!

Old 04-05-2017, 03:02 PM   #539
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Shucks. Forgot it that day

Old 04-05-2017, 03:23 PM   #540
Trotskilicious
Banned

NEOLIBERALS IN ACTION