View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 02:01 PM   #27
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
People like the new films, TV, books and comics.

the last two films have greatly increased the size and activity of the fan community around Star Wars. I've been active in at least following fan community activity since the late 70s starting with the original Fan Club which was operated through the mail with a newsletter. The expansion of fan communities over the past 3 years has been way beyond anything that existed in the 80s, 90s or early aughts.

The box office and critical success of Rogue One has continued to build the fan base. At this point there are 8 full length SW feature films and every single one of them has been a massive box office and financial success.

I doubt that anything shore of Lucas film putting out two really poorly received box office failures in a row would change that.
Yeah, that's all good and well. I'm just saying, I'm probably going to be sick to fucking death of Star Wars by the time we come through the other end of this era.