Thread: D’arcy is out
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 07:04 PM   #30
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

D’arcy Wretzky Will Not Be Part of Impending Smashing Pumpkins Reunion or Tour
Ex-Pumpkins Bassist: "I only found out yesterday the band has decided to go with a different bass player"
By blastecho on January 21, 2018

On Sunday (January 21), ex-Smashing Pumpkins bassist D’arcy Wretzky confirmed both the impending Smashing Pumpkins reunion, and that she will not be a part of a reunion and/or tour, set to begin this summer.
Speaking exclusively to BlastEcho via text, Wretzky wrote, “My apologies to all of the Smashing Pumpkins fans out there who are excited about this oncoming reunion tour of the original members of the band. I know this is a huge disappointment for me, as well, but it’s not going to happen [with me].”

She added, “I only just found about yesterday that the band has decided to go with a different bass player.”
According to Wretzky, the band is planning to launch a summer tour featuring frontman Billy Corgan, original guitarist James Iha, original drummer Jimmy Chamberlain and, now a to-be-determined bassist, beginning in July.
At this time, Wretzky declined to provide additional details, but please stay tuned.

http://blastecho.com/wp-content/uplo...eR-620x669.jpg