View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 07:34 AM   #34
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

reprise85, that's not really the full story.

Granted, Billy's remarks (on Twitter iirc) were a really bad idea and aggressive. They did have some personal relationship though, we don't know exactly what was said / promised, it blew up publicly and got ugly.

As regards the highlighted phrases / words: the "balls" comment could be interpreted as referring to devi's status, if you feel so inclined but it's a common term. The other two are clear references to her identity. Billy could (should) have retorted without the slurs, clearly his tweets were fired off in anger, which is what social media does. People say shitty stuff they don't necessarily mean in the heat of the moment. Is Billy a transphobe? I don't know him at all, so I honestly don't know. I've said crappy stuff to people in anger that I wish seconds later I could take back and instantly felt ashamed at. I feel inclined to give Billy a pass on this. His comments weren't in private, but in public, so he gets to be judged.

Once devi didn't get the pedal deal her tone on here did a 180. She went from being a big Billy cheerleader to talking shit about him. These were not "offhanded" innocent comments. She was spiteful, I remember it very well. The attention-seeking victim video on YouTube showed what she was like, so I have little sympathy tbh.