View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 11:47 PM   #153
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I'm sorry it's shit to talk to people who are ignorant. I know what it's like because I'm a brown overweight woman in my late thirties with kids, and it is terrible.

But I'd still rather that people made jokes or comments that sparked those conversations, and I think the Louis bit and the Seinfeld bit are funny to a lot of people within the queer community and it's probably good for the conversations to happen even if they are terrible to actually be a part of.

I'm kind of an equal opportunities audience, too. If something makes me laugh then it's funny to me, even if it's terrible and insulting and mean.

Being a fat woman is probably the worst - it's still considered fair game to laugh about fat girls/women in mainstream media. Most fat girls/women don't choose to be fat any more than someone chooses to be gay.

But if a fat girl joke is funny...I still laugh. Sometimes it just feels like taking the low hanging fruit. But sometimes it's really funny even if it is mean. THere's that mean/funny thing. I dunno.