View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 04:54 PM   #24
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
I always felt between how quickly the famous lineup dissolved after 1993 combined with how much of a running joke it became from then until 2016, people tend to only remember Appetite for Destruction. As someone who lived through GN'R mania, however, I never thought that reputation was deserved. As whole albums, the Use Your Illusion records may be forgotten, but from those two records we got "Live and Let Die," "November Rain," "You Could Be Mine," "Don't Cry," and Knockin' on Heaven's Door," which I still hear on the radio as much as Appetite songs. I think "November Rain" may be the most viewed song of theirs on YouTube.
Their famous lineup started dissolving in 1990 wtf. Has GNR ever written a song worth shit without Izzy Stradlin? Not sure why OP is downplaying his importance to the band (or Adler’s but you could legitimately argue Izzy was the most important member of GNR)

I like some songs on the UYI albums a lot. Some aren’t so good and “My World” is easily one of the worst songs I’ve ever heard.

Last edited by Squish Squash : 03-14-2018 at 06:12 PM.