View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 09:24 PM   #52
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
I slept with band members, (no AMA), and yes, I was not only a consenting adult, I was the adult who was pursuing it.

it also happens that you meet 20 year olds with smeared make-up staggering out of tour buses and hotel rooms looking like they'd like to call their mom now.

so to make a broad generalisaion that "groupies" must fall into either segment by definition is just completely silly.
I just meant to say women in that situation are more likely to say yes. Not that they can't consent or shouldn't want to have sex with their idol. They are free to do whatever they want of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
girl (labelle), please stop pretending women that age are brainless and incapable of making decisions for better or worse
I'm not saying that. I'm saying they are more likely to say yes when in that particular situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Are any of these people entitled to his attention?
No

Quote:
If some persons standard for paying you any mind is that you have sex with them, assuming you aren't dependent on them or in a relationship of trust or insecurity, you can easily tell the person, "no thanks, I don't think your attention is worth having sex with you." I don't think these people are powerless to refuse his terms.
They are willingly putting themselves in that position, sure. But he is purposefuly creating a situation where only women who want to have sex with him meet him and that I think is gross.

Quote:
Like, if somebody told me they would only have a relationship with me if I ate a bowl of fire, assuming this person isn't a parent or long-term partner or another with whom I should expect a relationship from, I think it would be up to me to say, "yeah, no, I will not eat a bowl of fire just so you will pay attention to me." If I eat that bowl of fire, I wasn't forced into doing it.
I never said he coerced anyone.

Quote:
I'm also not sure about how having a system for attaining consensual sex is any less moral than having consensual sex by accident.
By accident? lol oops I fell on top of consensual sex!!!

Seriously though, he's stacking the deck in his favor, by saying only people who want to fuck him get to meet him.
Can he do it? Sure he can.
Am I allowed to think that that is morally objectionable? sure I am.

Quote:
It seems to me to trivialize these adult women's agencies by making them out to be brainwashed into sleeping with this guy. Maybe they just want to sleep with him.
I'm not trivializing anything, if anything i'm just giving context. In society women are conditioned to associate their own self worth with being sexy or desirable and that pleasuring people is the only real value they have.

Quote:
How do we distinguish between a woman exercising her sexual freedom and agency, and a woman being tricked into thinking she wants sexual contact because she's incapable of knowing her own interests?
A woman exercising her sexual freedom won't cry in the morning.