View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 03:50 PM   #44
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
For the OP who put "Go" in his track list. If you think James Iha wrote that song with the Machina concept in mind you are deluded. I would not even be surprised if James did not hear about that whole mess until after the album came out.
Like I said, I took a lot of notes about each and every song. Some of the lyrics could be taken to reflect "being told to go, to give love," etc. about Glass' mission. I think it's possible he might have done, but just as likely not. Whatever the case, Bill probably thought it fit in well enough to throw him a bone and toss it in.

I do want to prune it down to a double album when I can be assed, but I figured the best way to approach it would be to start by slinging it into one huge pile and see what could be chopped off later. Go would be one of the first ones off for roughly the reason you mentioned - it may not even be part of the overall plot, it just works well enough if tossed in there. I'd probably also ax Saturnine, Lucky 13, and maybe Crying Tree as I don't think they add enough on their own, and/or Age Of Innosence considering it was tacked on at the last minute.

I've probably Stockholm syndromed myself to hell and back with the Machina tracks. I hated MI when it came out but I've listened to it all so much over the years I have few problems with anything anymore barring those terrible fucking Soul Power and Rock On covers.