View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 01:03 PM   #188
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris Hilton View Post
so her accomplishments as a musician and actress are null to you because she has shown her tits and done drugs
that is certainly having values and opinions
Nope, misreading me.

the tits thing goes back to the pathetic need for attention and having basically only succeeded because she was good at self promotion, mainly by being an accidental train wreck which the media just loves. I essentially feel the same way about pop artists taking off their shirt onstage to show their abs. And yes of course anyone who plays music and goes on stage is seeking attention, but some are more subtle and....decent... about it at least.

And what are exactly her accomplishments as a musician and actress? Now we're getting into subjectivity but it is my belief we wouldn't know who she was had she not married Cobain (they were on an indie when they met, next thing we Hole was on Geffen). The only thing she ever did as an actress is play drug addicts. Is it any surprise she was half decent at that?

and having values of course implies judging people. I check their behavior against my values then judge them based on it. Am I judgmental? Yes. Do I expect other people to be judgmental towards me? Yes.

I'd rather that then be wishy washy and give everyone a free pass on what they say or how they behave because I haven't been in their shoes and oh who knows really, they might be a great person and so on (and I fully expect people to treat me the same, the only thing that bothered me in the people's reaction to my post was the implication of misogyny, or that i'm being a prude because tits, that is what I bother defending myself on).

And no she hasn't raped or killed anyone (ok some disagree about that last one ) but based on the information I have on her which spans about two decades, I think I can make a judgment that she is a waste of skin (and yes sure I may be too, that still doesn't deprive me of the right to see she is). I have a real real issue with undeserving people being rewarded, especially when they are for being obnoxious. I think she is one of those. This is really what makes me angry. I spend a lot of my life giving too much of a shit about these things, it might be pathological and I should probably work more on bettering my life instead, but whatever.