View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 08:55 PM   #48
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Because having an entirely organized thought out system to facilitate that and make it clear to female fans that the only way they can get attention from someone they admire is if they offer sex is highly questionable?
Are any of these people entitled to his attention? If some persons standard for paying you any mind is that you have sex with them, assuming you aren't dependent on them or in a relationship of yrust or insecurity, you can easily tell the person, "no thanks, I don't think your attention is worth having sex with you." I don't think these people are powerless to refuse his terms.

Like, if somebody told me they would only have a relationship with me if I ate a bowl of fire, assuming this person isn't a parent or long-term partner or another with whom I should expect a relationship from, I think it would be up to me to say, "yeah, no, I will not eat a bowl of fire just so you will pay attention to me." If I eat that bowl of fire, I wasn't forced into doing it.

I'm also not sure about how having a system for attaining consensual sex is any less moral than having consensual sex by accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Not to mention taking advantage of a culture that pretty much brainwashes women into thinking their only value lies in providing sexual pleasure to someone.

Sure it's getting better, but baby steps.
It seems to me to trivialize these adult women's agencies by making them out to be brainwashed into sleeping with this guy. Maybe they just want to sleep with him.

How do we distinguish between a woman exercising her sexual freedom and agency, and a woman being tricked into thinking she wants sexual contact because she's incapable of knowing her own interests?