View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 07:06 PM   #908
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

It's weird. I kinda like the song but I think I sort of forced myself to like it. Would I have given it a second listen if it wasn't the Pumpkins? Probably not.

I think my problem is that, from a guitar playing standpoint at least, it just feels lazy. The riffs are pretty good, but that's it. Are there any leads from James or Jeff in there? If there are, I can't hear them. It just sounds like they're all just playing the same chords. It reminds me of something like Transistor, a song I liked but I never understood why Billy felt the need to have something like 12 guitars all playing the same part.

I mean, if Billy and James were a couple of so-so talents with zero ability to shred, I could understand it. But they have the ability to play some really cool leads, and that's what I had hoped to hear from the new music. Instead, we get... this. It's okay, but just kinda generic. At least Jimmy is really trying.

The song at least is better than the video though. Fuck sake, what was Billy thinking with that bullshit?