View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 11:35 AM   #69
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Flashback:

March 28, 2014

"Pretty full on day, with Howard picking at random which of the 26 STAR category songs to dive into. SOLARA was first, which went from a typical 90’s-type rocker to something that felt like it belonged."

Apr 12, 2014

"Now what?” I said out loud. Back through the COUGARS we fell. I circled round ‘SOLARA.’ “Too grunge though,” I offered, a negative buzzword in these parts. “Better if it was straight, or more psych.” Singing the melody I came up with an opening figure reminiscent of ‘Heaven and Hell’ Sabbath (Go Tony). Sketched out a basic 2-part guitar demo, and with some digi-magik made the beat that made it a rocka-rolla (Go Priest). Funny what a riff can do to a spine. So ‘SOLARA’ is back with the STARS.

W.P.C."

September 20, 2014

"So, work: SOLARA was the hammer, and I was the sickle. And leaping into the deep waters of what is a no-brainer, gimme of a grunge song we cast off it's shell and went for the sun-worshipper who, in standing beneath the sun, feels awe, or boredom, or both; his thirst for travel unbound, he'd like to see the stars or, better yet, know them. Not sure if I'll get what I'm looking for here, or just have to write a new one, but the riff's minor to major universal magnetism is worth mining out.

Only a million and One miles to go…

W.P.C."

September 24, 2014

"Today's work is to tackle SOLARA, once and for all; strumming downward on the mystical, pyramidic D."

November 4, 2014

"SOLARA is back, just to prove it could. But TOODLE-LOO was a flameout, modern, anthemic, one-hook chorus aside. (insert Howard frown) "