View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #66
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
What world do you sing in? the loser muso b.s. one? sounds like it to me.

Lots of ways to cut the path, but you deny that she found her own voice and style and its unique to her. I disagree. She delivers what the song needed. Period. Any musician with half a brain toward production can judge an artist on what they're trying to deliver for themselves without any preconceived notions.

That take of hers has force and is yet restrained and not over sung. The last note of the recurring lyric "After all this time" in her low octave range is not easy to pull off in key as consistently as she does on the song (under the gun, in a 'A' studio with a big phat expensive meter running). That ability allowed the producers to put the dry take on the track with no melodyne. That's a big reason the song stuck out in today's pop music autotuned world. It's natural by comparison.

blahblahblahIreallywanttofuckHayleyWilliamsblahbla hblah

That song stands out in today's pop music world? No see it blends in perfectly , which is why it's getting airplay.

I know what she's trying to deliver, something that will make money. I suppose there's nothing fundamentally wrong with that but don't try to pretend it isn't your average boring commercial dogshit.

And don't call me a muso.