View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 08:58 PM   #25
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade View Post
i've wondered this same thing about kurt.. would his guitar playing have gotten better? would he have started being a more professional live musician? would TMZ have footage of billy being chased out the window of him and courtney's bedroom?

it sure seemed like he was headed in a better direction with 'in utero' but we all know what happened after that so.. my thoughts are that he would have probably overdosed later on anyway or eventually just produced other bands' music for a living.. but i agree that his downfall would have been nothing like what we are watching billy go through right now.
Quote:
I know we're gonna put out one more record, at least, and I have a pretty good idea of what it's gonna sound like: pretty ethereal, acoustic, like REM's last album
Quote:
I'm getting so tired of [the verse/chorus/verse] formula. And it is a formula. And there's not much you can do with it. We're all getting tired of it. It's a dynamic style. But I'm only using two of the dynamics. There are alot more I could be using. Krist, Dave and I have been working on this formula. This thing of going from quiet to loud for so long that it's literally become boring for us, it's like 'OK, I have this riff. I'll play it quiet without a distortion box, while I'm singing the verse. And now let's turn on the distortion box and hit the drums harder'. I want to learn how to go in between those things, go back and forth, almost become psychedelic in a way but with alot more structure. It's a really hard thing to do, and I don't know if we're capable of it.
Quote:
We have failed in showing the lighter, more dynamic side of our band. The big guitar sound is what the kids want to hear. We like playing that stuff, but I don't know how much longer I can scream at the top of my lungs every night, for an entire year on tour. Sometimes I wish I had taken the Bob Dylan route and sang songs where my voice would not go out on me every night, so I could have a career if I wanted.

Last edited by Ram27 : 04-11-2017 at 11:54 PM.